Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

Hi Dani,

My wife and I have spent the last couple of days getting everything prepared again. Found bits that hadn't been sent last time and sat writing out a full description of her job so that hopefully this time round we get through.

Are you doing a whole new application or just sending additional paperwork for the original one?

We're gonna do it ourselves this time, our agent is useless!

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Dani,

My wife and I have spent the last couple of days getting everything prepared again. Found bits that hadn't been sent last time and sat writing out a full description of her job so that hopefully this time round we get through.

Are you doing a whole new application or just sending additional paperwork for the original one?

We're gonna do it ourselves this time, our agent is useless!

We are doing the review one because we thought that as they checked everything else as being ok, it might help prevent us failing with anything else hopefully!

We are also doing it ourselves this time, our agent is useless too!

Amazing that we both failed and we are the ones with agents!!

Keep us updated on when you send it.. Sounds like you've been busy!

We are doing the review one because we thought that as they checked everything else as being ok, it might help prevent us failing with anything else hopefully!

Be ironic if we had the same agent!

Have you contacted them Caz?

Tina

Hi Tina it was a public hol there today as I realised when I went for my normal morning ocd check of the website! Hopefully hear by the end of this week since they emailed us last thurs.

If we don't might call after that

Documents were submitted via agent on 6th December 2011, rejected on 20 April 2012.

Review documents submitted on 6th June 2012.......

Fingers crossed we review is succesful as not sure what other documents we can submit as we have sent 3 years invoices/timesheets and bank statements, very long and indepth references from 2 agencies used in last 3 years and 2 references from OH's direct supervisors for the jobs he has worked for in that time. Really hope we are successful.

Don't want to chase our agent as not sure how long it will take the TRA to process the review as not sure if we go to the back of the queue again?

Anyone else had their documents rejected and been succesful on review - if so how long did the review take please?

Hi dani,

Wife spoke to TRA this morning and we can do a review aswell, which means we can just send in the missing info which is good.

As we've already had our SS approved by Vic, we won't go back to the end of the queue assuming we can get proof from Vic of the SS.

Her old work can't do a full job description on the reference, but TRA said we can do a statutory declaration which is good.

30th June is a bit touch and go at this stage but we're gonna aim for that date!

Hi dani,

Wife spoke to TRA this morning and we can do a review aswell, which means we can just send in the missing info which is good.

As we've already had our SS approved by Vic, we won't go back to the end of the queue assuming we can get proof from Vic of the SS.

Her old work can't do a full job description on the reference, but TRA said we can do a statutory declaration which is good.

30th June is a bit touch and go at this stage but we're gonna aim for that date!

Hi Pswebb38 are you still having to pay for the review of missing info.?

Can anyone tell me how long TRA outcome letter takes to arrive? We got a positive outcome om 30 May but still have not received an outcome letter - we can not file with DIAC until we receive the outcome letter - more stress !!

Hi dani,

sounds like you've got it all under control then :) at least you can just send in a review!!

looks like we're going to the back of the queue then as we haven't got ss..

Can anyone tell me how long TRA outcome letter takes to arrive? We got a positive outcome om 30 May but still have not received an outcome letter - we can not file with DIAC until we receive the outcome letter - more stress !!

ours came through about 2 weeks after so i'm guessing in the next few days..?!

Finally got our outcome letter from TRA this morning.

Not from our agent as you might suspect but directly from the assessing officer who did my wife's application.

Up until yesterday our agent still claimed she hadn't received it!

Anyway, the reason for being unsuccessful is down to not enough info about daily duties. Basically they want a transcription like 'war and peace' saying what my wife does at work and a description of what the business does that she works in- it's a bakery, what do they think it does!

So now the next few days or at least a week will be taken up redoing our TRA application.

Undecided whether to get our agent to submit it as she is so fecking useless!

Hi PSWebb , how long did you outcome letter take to arrive after your finalisation date ? Ali

ours came through about 2 weeks after so i'm guessing in the next few days..?!

thanks for letting me know Dani getting a bit stressed now as the 1 july looms ever closer - we are 42 so we really need to get through now as max points we have are 70 - our agent tells us she has lots of people with 75 points plus so we would find it difficult after 1st july ! plus we have the option of applying for redundancy before aug !

sounds like you've got it all under control then :) at least you can just send in a review!!

looks like we're going to the back of the queue then as we haven't got ss..

Kind of under control, Still feels like an uphill struggle SS or not!

Hopefully yours won't take as long this time round, at least you can reapply and it's not a complete disaster. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Hi Guys,

"Don't be discouraged. It's often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock. " so keep try. Mine too unsuccessful because i did not meet the require number of years experiance as my diploma awarded in year 2011. Although I do have 8 years experince . They required 3 year experiance from the qualification period. Now my agent working with AIM get the skill assessment. Hope for good .....

Archived