Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

Hi Dave,

My Mum was going to do ours at HSBC and they wanted £30. As I am coming over to the UK to get docs certified, I am going to ask my own bank. If you do not have an account at a branch, could you ask a family member if they wouldn't mind doing it for you? Good Luck

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Illumanati2
Not bothered about paying £20, just want to get it sorted ASAP so we can send our paperwork off to them

hahaha I was trying to save some cash....Takes about a week for cheque to arrive after ordering...ill let you know when mine arrives ( give you an idea when to expect yours after ordering)

Guest Illumanati2
hahaha I was trying to save some cash....Takes about a week for cheque to arrive after ordering...ill let you know when mine arrives ( give you an idea when to expect yours after ordering)

cheque arrived this morning mate----very fast

Guest Illumanati2
So how many days did it take from ordering?

ordered Thursday dinner time arrived this morning

Dear God still nothing!!!! Gonna stay up and ring them tonight!

Oh Caz I really feel for you!!!

We eventually got to bed at 3.30am this morning after speaking to them. Good Luck. I am afraid you are going to need it Hon.

They will not comment on individual cases. They are basically a call centre trying to answer minor questions. OH spoke to the first person who was as useful as a melted lolly. After being on hold for a further 20 mins I managed to speak to a helpful lady, but she could not help us. Her advice was to send an email which would be looked at by an assessor.

I have reached the end of my tether and am ready to throw the towel in (I never thought I would say that!) We have completed an assessment with a migration agent to see what they have to say. I don't mind difficulty, but the left doesn't know what the right is doing, DIAC say one thing, TRA say another. I personally think TRA people are being discriminated against, because if you read the process with VETASSES it is a lot simpler and straightforward and even DIAC agree with this.

Oh Caz I really feel for you!!!

We eventually got to bed at 3.30am this morning after speaking to them. Good Luck. I am afraid you are going to need it Hon.

They will not comment on individual cases. They are basically a call centre trying to answer minor questions. OH spoke to the first person who was as useful as a melted lolly. After being on hold for a further 20 mins I managed to speak to a helpful lady, but she could not help us. Her advice was to send an email which would be looked at by an assessor.

I have reached the end of my tether and am ready to throw the towel in (I never thought I would say that!) We have completed an assessment with a migration agent to see what they have to say. I don't mind difficulty, but the left doesn't know what the right is doing, DIAC say one thing, TRA say another. I personally think TRA people are being discriminated against, because if you read the process with VETASSES it is a lot simpler and straightforward and even DIAC agree with this.

It does all get to you, everytime you get something done they throw another spanner in the works! Don't even know if we're wasting our time since they're taking Des's trade off the list! But we may keep going cause we really want to get there!

Will ring them tonight and see anyway, and will respond to the email that they sent Des last week and hopefully get some sort of answer! :goofy:

It does all get to you, everytime you get something done they throw another spanner in the works! Don't even know if we're wasting our time since they're taking Des's trade off the list! But we may keep going cause we really want to get there!

Will ring them tonight and see anyway, and will respond to the email that they sent Des last week and hopefully get some sort of answer! :goofy:

Ha Ha, throw a spanner - I think they have thrown the whole tool box at us:biggrin:

:hug:Good Luck Honey and let us know how you get on. Don't take any prisoners! If I had known you would be calling, I would have asked the lady's name who I spoke to, she was helpful although couldn't help us specifically, but I give her full marks for trying to.

Hi Schafer,

did you get any where with your agent, what was their reply? Hope it was good.

Tina

Hi Tina,

All she's said so far is that she's still waiting to hear back from them.. Think we might try and ring TRA ourselves though and see if we can get some answers.. So I guess the wait goes on looking like will only be in the new year that we'll be able to apply.. The bottle of bubbly is going to have to wait that little bit longer till it can be opened... "Sigh"

Got our money order from nationwide in the post today, just getting the last bits sorted out now. Hopefully get posted this afternoon or tomorrow.

Does anyone know how long it takes for a review?

Good Luck Dave. I wouldn't have thought it would take as long as your first assessment, but this is TRA we talking about!!!!!

We have been told today that as we have only been self employed for 7 years and not 8, it would be highly unlikely that TRA will give us a positive assessment and that if we did have 8 years self employment, they would only award us points for 3 years as they deem the first five years as being an apprenticeship which does not carry any points. We have sent them an email outlining our case and providing evidence to show that the apprenticeships for our trade in Australia are actually only 3-4 years. Keeping everything crossed that they get out of the right side of the bed and look favourably on us:cry:. We spoke to an agent today who was very helpful, but has said she is experiencing a lot difficulty in getting self employed people through without a minimum of 10 years experience. Wish we had found this out before we wasted money on IELTS exams and paying to gain the AQF III.

Hello Everyone,

I Would like to ask whether anyone can give me an advise regarding state sponsorship. My husband's TRA results came back successful, but his IELTS was sent back for a re-mark on speaking. His IELTS speaking is 6.5 and we need to get 7. Do you think we can apply for state sponsorship now while waiting for the remark? Do states have their own point system that requires 7 pts on all bands of IELTS to get points? We are looking at WA.

Hello Everyone,

I Would like to ask whether anyone can give me an advise regarding state sponsorship. My husband's TRA results came back successful, but his IELTS was sent back for a re-mark on speaking. His IELTS speaking is 6.5 and we need to get 7. Do you think we can apply for state sponsorship now while waiting for the remark? Do states have their own point system that requires 7 pts on all bands of IELTS to get points? We are looking at WA.

You can't claim 7 points if you don't have it, as you need to send evidence of IELTS at the same time you lodge the SS application.

Thanks Candygirl.

Just for reference my name is Paul, not quite sure where you got Dave from! Lol.

I am so :ssign13:Paul !!!!! God knows why I thought you were called Dave. I am giggling because I spoke about you to my OH and he said I know a Dave Webb. I told you I have developed a nervous twitch, now I am inventing people. It's all that headbanging against TRA's brick walls that have done it. Good Luck Paul.

Archived