Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

Hi Everyone,

Help!!! Just going through the TRA Application Form and getting paperwork together. I know this is a really silly question, but how did you Guys make payment? We know that we cannot probably do it from Spain (the banks take forever here). I am proposing that my Mum sorts it out in the UK. What did you do? Is it a case of going into a UK bank and asking for them to organise a banker's draft for $300 made payable to TRA?

As always, thanks v. much Lorraine xx

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crikey that was quick!

Good luck with your visa application!

Thanks it's now blind panic as we have heard DIAC are processing as quickly as 4 weeks we expected it to take a lot longer , have you been able to speak to anyone at the TRA about your application, I think we are still in a state of shock that we were successful as we half expected to be declined. What skill are you going through on ?

Still waiting for the outcome letter to find out why we were unsuccessful.

My wife is applying as a baker.

Mine too unsuccessful as cook , I applied in Jan for my TRA, they replied me with insuccessful in end May. Me too waiting for the outcome letter to find out the reason. All baker and cook application unsuccessful

Hi Everyone,

Help!!! Just going through the TRA Application Form and getting paperwork together. I know this is a really silly question, but how did you Guys make payment? We know that we cannot probably do it from Spain (the banks take forever here). I am proposing that my Mum sorts it out in the UK. What did you do? Is it a case of going into a UK bank and asking for them to organise a banker's draft for $300 made payable to TRA?

As always, thanks v. much Lorraine xx

Hiya Lorraine

We got a bank draft for the $300 and sent it with the application

Unsuccessful on 24.5.12... :(

Stayed up to speak to TRA last night and managed to get our reference number to look on the online portal.

Gutted now.. Guess we will have to wait and see why!

Oh no, gutted for you, I know exactly how you're feeling. Fingers crossed its nothing too difficult to overcome

What trade did you apply for?

Stayed up to speak to TRA last night and managed to get our reference number to look on the online portal.

Oh no not another one! Really sorry to hear that!

Hiya Lorraine

We got a bank draft for the $300 and sent it with the application

Thanks Caz.

Had a quote for getting TRA evidence certified - €2,000 - I am absolutely flabbergasted!!! We will need to do some serious paper shuffling to get the pages down.

Also, on the guidelines for submitting the evidence, they say they need 3 statements from previous clients (in addition to the three for each year we are claiming), can these be letters or do they have to be more official i.e. a Stat Dec? Thanks Lorraine xx

Thanks Caz.

Had a quote for getting TRA evidence certified - €2,000 - I am absolutely flabbergasted!!! We will need to do some serious paper shuffling to get the pages down.

Also, on the guidelines for submitting the evidence, they say they need 3 statements from previous clients (in addition to the three for each year we are claiming), can these be letters or do they have to be more official i.e. a Stat Dec? Thanks Lorraine xx

WHAT, dont you only have to get the payslips, p60's etc certified? we spent £100, £5.00 per sheet. Managed to get 4 payslips on 1 A4 but the other evidence submit by us never got certificated. Not sure about the statements from clients as never had to do this.

Glad you got AQF, just seen your time line that's really good especially as you know the TRA will accept the work experince post AQF.

Keep going

tina

ARGH, sorry guys what a pain. dont panic just find out what they want and get it done sure it will be ol next time.

good luck and keep going.

Tina x

WHAT, dont you only have to get the payslips, p60's etc certified? we spent £100, £5.00 per sheet. Managed to get 4 payslips on 1 A4 but the other evidence submit by us never got certificated. Not sure about the statements from clients as never had to do this.

Glad you got AQF, just seen your time line that's really good especially as you know the TRA will accept the work experince post AQF.

Keep going

tina

Thanks Tina - so relieved and even better knowing that you got through, so we should not have too many probs re TRA as we are on the same list as you.

OMG please don't tell me I have had another "blonde" moment. We have 200 pages (at last count) of the stuff we sent for the RPL so were sending this as it said about sending as much as possible. I have tax returns (we pay them each quarter here) so will have 4 for each year which will also need translating) plus letters from both legal adviser and accountant to come plus Business Certificate. Are you saying that we only need the official stuff notarised? I hope so, cannot believe it, we spent all day yesterday getting everything together and we both must have read those guidelines at least 5 times - how on earth have we missed that. I honestly think is going to send me my rocker!!!!:confused:

Oh no, gutted for you, I know exactly how you're feeling. Fingers crossed its nothing too difficult to overcome

What trade did you apply for?

Partner applied for Solid Plasterer.. not really quite sure what to do.. i had my positive skills assessment back from anmac but we need to claim the 5 partner points to have enough for the 175 visa :( as we want to go to queensland, we don't qualify for state sponsorship.. so frustrating!!

i'm guessing you haven't heard why yours wasnt successful yet?

Partner applied for Solid Plasterer.. not really quite sure what to do.. i had my positive skills assessment back from anmac but we need to claim the 5 partner points to have enough for the 175 visa :( as we want to go to queensland, we don't qualify for state sponsorship.. so frustrating!!

i'm guessing you haven't heard why yours wasnt successful yet?

Just a thought, can you improve on IELTS to boost your points at all?

Yes we are claiming 20 points for the ILETS as OH got 9's. See table below.

[TABLE=width: 656]

[TR]

[TD=width: 56%]Points

[/TD]

[TD=width: 44%]Description of English language ability

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 56%]20

[/TD]

[TD=width: 44%]Superior English (a score of at least 8 in each of the four components of the IELTS test, or equivalent standard in a specified test)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 56%]10

[/TD]

[TD=width: 44%]Proficient English (a score of at least 7 in each of the four components of the IELTS test, or equivalent standard in a specified test)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hope you don't have too much longer to wait. Good Luck.

Just a thought, can you improve on IELTS to boost your points at all?

No- already have 9's in IELTS - 20 points

Degree - 15 points

Age - 25 points

we therefore need another 5 points from somewhere :( As i only have 18 months experience in my current occupation, we don't meet the criteria for state sponsorship work experience in Queensland or in fact hardly anywhere..

just been having a look at the regional options but even these aren't straightforward and have a lot of restrictions!

hopefully we will find out why and be able to sort it out..

No- already have 9's in IELTS - 20 points

Degree - 15 points

Age - 25 points

we therefore need another 5 points from somewhere :( As i only have 18 months experience in my current occupation, we don't meet the criteria for state sponsorship work experience in Queensland or in fact hardly anywhere..

just been having a look at the regional options but even these aren't straightforward and have a lot of restrictions!

hopefully we will find out why and be able to sort it out..

Could you try to get an AQF at all? My wife did this and got extra points for it.

Could anyone advise me about TRA. I have already posted my application to TRA and they received it on 23 April, I applied as a gas fitter as I have been doing this for the last 12 years. However, I am a mechanical fitter/turner to trade and I am planning to go back to my original trade if/when we get to oz. My question is, will I need a TRA certificate as a Mechanical fitter/turner to work over there or will my TRA certificate (if I get one) as a gas fitter suffice?

Could you try to get an AQF at all? My wife did this and got extra points for it.

to be honest, haven't really looked into the AQF much so don't know alot about it.. i'll research it! how many extra points did your wife get? i'm hoping our letter has been received by the agent so tomorrow they can tell us why..

Hey guys,

Just to let you all know I received my decision yesterday and it was UNSUCCESSFUL. Luckily enough with the changes in July, if you are 2 years on a sponsored visa with your company, it doesn't matter what your Skill is. Prior to July this year that was not the case. Your skill had to be on the ENS skills list.

So I just have to wait another two months before I can apply for my full Permanent Residency.

Hey guys,

Just to let you all know I received my decision yesterday and it was UNSUCCESSFUL. Luckily enough with the changes in July, if you are 2 years on a sponsored visa with your company, it doesn't matter what your Skill is. Prior to July this year that was not the case. Your skill had to be on the ENS skills list.

So I just have to wait another two months before I can apply for my full Permanent Residency.

Sorry to hear that, but glad that you've found a way round it!

Archived