Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

OMG. just checked the online portal and I think Im going to vomit it says finalisation date is today but still says awaiting assessment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't think that is good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Tina,

Why do you think it is bad news?

Keeping everything crossed for you Guys here. Really hope you hear something today, torture to have to wait the weekend :hug:

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello everyone.

Just about to send off my evidence, bit worried as to all of these unsuccesful apps.

I was wondering as this is a forum, can people help everyone else going through the process by putting down as much information as to what they included in their application, example, pay slips, certificates ( what level) etc etc.

Im sure this will help other applications to make sure that they have enough information in.

I will include mine:

I currently have the following included in my evidence pack:

1. Work history statement- this so far is 7 pages long explaning what jobs I have done in my line of work, gone into as much detail as possible starting at day 1 and finishing at present.

2. Tool list - This is around 3 pages long listing all the tools I have used and a brief explanation of what that tool is used for.

3. Typical work day - I have explained in detail what a general day is like, explaining how I undertake my job, how I use tools etc etc. This is about 3 pages long

4. Materials list- a list of all materials I use. 2 pages

5. NVQ 2 and NVQ 3 portfolio evidence- this is a copy of my 2 NVQ portfoilios. these are about 20 pages each- double sided.

6. 3 xself employment stat decs. I no longer have paperwork for these periods of self employment and I have made a stat dec to cover these periods.

7. Passport copy and C.V

8. About 10 pages of additional photographic evidence of my work.

9. Certificates, I have enclosed 2 trade certificates- NVQ 2 and a NVQ Level 3, I have also enclosed other related certificates..about 8 in total.

10. Work references- this is from my self employed periods hence backing up my stat dec.

11. Employer references- This covers the periods I was employed

12. Invoices, payslips, p60's- I have lost a lot of these due to relocation and house moves. I have enclosed as many as I can and I have about 20-25 a4 sheets of evidence.

13. NVQ level's Criteria- this is from the net explaining the units achieved in your qualification- this is a good reference to th OZ units- comparable?

Hope this helps those looking to put together an application.

Im sure I have missed something. If anyone can help others ad can provide samples if they have already achieved successful application that would be great

as soon as I have been given the YES or No from TRA I shall provide my samples to the forum.

thanks and good luck

Brilliant idea. We also posted seven videos on YouTube and sent the links to these as well. Nothing better than them seeing you actually doing a task. Obviously, we have not gone through TRA, but we had to convince the TAFE that we knew our "Onions".

I think people are hesitant to put what they have sent until they have a positive assessment.

Hi just to add to the list, we applied for TRA on 2.2.12 "Electronic Technician" and outcome was successful 30.5.12, just under 5 months!

What a wait. Delighted with outcome and hope to have everything together before July 1st.

Exciting !!!!

Congratulations jennaire on your successful assessment - on to the next stage now - good luck :smile:

OMG. just checked the online portal and I think Im going to vomit it says finalisation date is today but still says awaiting assessment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't think that is good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there - I'm sure it will be fine. In the words of Corporal Jones from Dad's Army "Don't panic, don't panic!" :smile:

the most annoying thing is, i bet our result is on the TRA portal and because our agent has happened to lose the paperwork from TRA, we do not know our reference number to log on and have a look!!! :mad: does anyone know if TRA are working tomorrow? seriously considering staying up to ring them tonight? x

Still nothing, the status has not changed. Thanks guys for all your kind words, Ive updated the table sorry it comes out so big POMS site makes it the size it wants.

RED unsuccessful

BLUE unknown outcome

[TABLE=class: MsoTableGrid]

[TR]

[TD]

Name

[/TD]

[TD=width: 95]

Lodged

[/TD]

Outcome received

[/TD]

[TD=width: 118]

Weeks waiting for outcome

[/TD]

Weeks still waiting

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] Schafer[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 02.09.11[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 18.01.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 118] 20[/TD]

[TD=width: 95][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] Marc the painter[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 04.10.11[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 16.04.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 118] 28[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] Dean74[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 28.11.11[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 10.04.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 118] 18[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] SaffanZimbo[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 06.12.11[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 26.04.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 118] 20[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] Catonahat1975[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 07.12.11[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 07.05.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 118] 21[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] dreaming[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 04.01.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 02.05.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 118] 17[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] PSWEBB36 [/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 19.01.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 24.05.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 118] 21[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] Countrybumpkins[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 30.01.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 10.05.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 118] 19[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] Mdmx33[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 02.02.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 31.05.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 118] 17[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] jennaire[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 02.02.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 30.05.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 118] 16[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] Greggers68 [/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 03.02.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 23.05.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 118] 15[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] phoenixroxy[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 03.02.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 25.05.12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] Dani5[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 08.02.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 118][/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 16[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] Kimberlyusa[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 10.02.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 24.05.12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] Davidomz[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 15.02.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 29.05.12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] JohnAli[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 22.02.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 30.05.12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] Dogorman65[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 28.02.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 13[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] Family of five[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 06.03.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 01.06.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 118] 12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] Caz Brady[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 15.03.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] Carajg[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 21.03.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 186] Scafer[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 04.04.12[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] resubmission[/TD]

[TD=width: 95] 8[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Tina x

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::biggrin::biggrin:

Told you not to panic !!!

Well done - onwards and upwards (or is that downwards :unsure:)

Many thanks Downwards it is!!!

Congrats!! What fantastic news that's really quick! Hopefully ours want be much longer. Not very confident tho!

Yay so far the fastest application processed for a while 12 weeks! So looks like they are getting quicker Harriet should not be long now.

Tina

Would you mind me asking what trade you applied under?

Shoemaker. Got an AQF III done but only because there are no quailications in the UK for shoemaker (the only 2 trades on the ENSOL shoemaker and locksmith). And did send tons of stuff about on the job training, photos of tools loads of stuff. The only thinkg we were short on was pay slips, Robin's gets paid weekly so he never keeps many only sent about 8 weeks worth but did send 8 years worth of P60's and again bank statments did not send any to show wages going in. Also sent a list of tasks completed for AQF III which was about 30-40 pages worth.

I was still thinking they would turn application down on lack of pay slips etc and that work experince was after AQF but did include a statement that there is no quailifcation in the UK.

Also had a good referacne from work included their web site, business cards etc which must have helped, hope thats useful.

Tina

My husband also has no formal qualifications. He's a drainer/pipe layer and like your self there isn't one!

Our agent as not mentioned AQF111, so not sure what that is?

We sent off 15 year worth of p60s, payslips accounts etc. and also all training. He's only ever work for the one company, so I'm hoping this will be enough?!!

My husband also has no formal qualifications. He's a drainer/pipe layer and like your self there isn't one!

Our agent as not mentioned AQF111, so not sure what that is?

We sent off 15 year worth of p60s, payslips accounts etc. and also all training. He's only ever work for the one company, so I'm hoping this will be enough?!!

As Robin did not have a UK quailifcation we got an Australian one an AQF. Here is a link to their website.

http://www.aqf.edu.au/

Congratulations Tina!

Many thanks.

Congratulations Tina!

Many thanks.

the most annoying thing is, i bet our result is on the TRA portal and because our agent has happened to lose the paperwork from TRA, we do not know our reference number to log on and have a look!!! :mad: does anyone know if TRA are working tomorrow? seriously considering staying up to ring them tonight? x

I wouldn't imagine TRA will be working on a Saturday.

If you phone them up ask them for your reference number then you will be able to log in to the portal.

Your agent sounds as useless as ours!

Thank you, I'll check that out. Just a bit odd our agent never mentioned that before!

http://training.gov.au/Search/Training?TypeAllTrainingComponents=true&nrtNewSearchSubmit=New+Search

This a training link where we found a training provider, don’t know if it will help.

Got to say a couple of agents said we would not be able to get a skills assessment as without a UK qualification or the 3 years work experience after getting a AQF we did not for fill TRA pathways.

Below are a couple of my old threads

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/128141-locksmiths-do-oz-really-need-us.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-chat-dilemmas/144109-i-think-its-over.html#post1369602

Guest Kimberlyusa

For those of you looking to apply for WA SS after receiving successful TRA....they are accepting a print out of the online portal page showing successful in lieu of the letter. TRA can also email a copy of official letter but mine came across illedgible. I am still waiting for the hard copy in the mail!!! Thankfully WA accepted online portal page and I was approved in 4 days otherwise I would still be waiting to apply.

The man from the TRA he say YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Just checked after getting the kids from school and the status has changed to SUCCESSFUL.

YAY

Tina

A Very Big WhoooooHooooo to you Guys!!!! Congratulations!!!!

:jiggy::jiggy:Well Done. What an Absolute Relief - You may even get before the deadline!!!

http://training.gov.au/Search/Training?TypeAllTrainingComponents=true&nrtNewSearchSubmit=New+Search

This a training link where we found a training provider, don’t know if it will help.

Got to say a couple of agents said we would not be able to get a skills assessment as without a UK qualification or the 3 years work experience after getting a AQF we did not for fill TRA pathways.

Below are a couple of my old threads

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/128141-locksmiths-do-oz-really-need-us.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-chat-dilemmas/144109-i-think-its-over.html#post1369602

This is exactly what we were told by an agent. Now that we have an AQF III and our skills agent has 100's of clients who have obtained their AQF III and then gone to to pass TRA.

Tina - how many years did you claim for?

Archived