Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

Guest rossg

TRA received on the 29th March, with a successful out come today!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO, Does anyone know what the current processing times are for a 176 independent skilled visa?

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rossg
TRA received on the 29th March, with a successful out come today!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO, Does anyone know what the current processing times are for a 176 independent skilled visa?

OOPs, I mean 175 independent skilled visa?

Guest andyplant

Hi all,

I've been keeping a very close eye on this thread over the last couple of months. I had my acknowledgement of application from tra on the 28th February, and got my positive skills assesed today (7/06/12) at 4:32pm.

Hope everyone else still waiting gets a reply soon.

Andy x

Oh god, ours must be due any day!!! In going to phone TRA tonight to try and find out when they received our application, as our agent is being very unhelpful!! She posted off on the 15th march! I don't know how long it takes for them to receive it?

Application was not registered untill 16th of may, Can not believe it!! Two months after it was sent off! Not happy:mad:. So the wait goes on!

WHAT! From mine and what others have said all have got lodges only a week or so off being posted. Are you sure your agent sent it when they said they did, I would ask your agent for proof of postage as it never takes 8 weeks for them to open their mail, I know the TRA are slow but that is ridiculous. Waht about the 01.07.12 cut off will it aaffect you?

Tina

But you would have had a chance as when we spoke to the TRA if you application was in before 05.04 it would be processed before 30.06.12. If I was you I would get the referance number off your agent and ring the TRA Sunday night and ask them when it was received and lodged and I bet there is not an 8 week gap.

Good luck

Tina

We called them last night and we were give a reference for the online tracker. Registered date is saying 16th may!

Have just emailed agent to see if it was sent when she said it was!

I had read on the TRA website about applications in before 5th April would be conpleated before the end of June! So have been confident we'd get a result before the 1st!!

Finally got our outcome letter from TRA this morning.

Not from our agent as you might suspect but directly from the assessing officer who did my wife's application.

Up until yesterday our agent still claimed she hadn't received it!

Anyway, the reason for being unsuccessful is down to not enough info about daily duties. Basically they want a transcription like 'war and peace' saying what my wife does at work and a description of what the business does that she works in- it's a bakery, what do they think it does!

So now the next few days or at least a week will be taken up redoing our TRA application.

Undecided whether to get our agent to submit it as she is so fecking useless!

Finally got our outcome letter from TRA this morning.

Not from our agent as you might suspect but directly from the assessing officer who did my wife's application.

Up until yesterday our agent still claimed she hadn't received it!

Anyway, the reason for being unsuccessful is down to not enough info about daily duties. Basically they want a transcription like 'war and peace' saying what my wife does at work and a description of what the business does that she works in- it's a bakery, what do they think it does!

So now the next few days or at least a week will be taken up redoing our TRA application.

Undecided whether to get our agent to submit it as she is so fecking useless!

WhoooHooo Congrats to those who have passed!!

PSwebb - i know what you mean, some of the agents are just not worth the money. An agent potentially sitting on papers for 8 weeks is just not on.

I'm sorry I had to laugh when you said about what does a baker do! It does seem a bit **** and I totally sympathise with you, but look at this way, at least it is something relatively minor and you can bore them to death with such an indepth essay that they will be in no doubt about what a baker does and how they do it. We run our own business and no two days are the same and we are on call 24/7. I have told my OH to write like he is explaining his job to someone who has never heard of it before. I am really not looking forward to this process, but needs must. In a few months time, we will all look back on this and laugh. BTW, I was born in Gillingham.

WhoooHooo Congrats to those who have passed!!

PSwebb - i know what you mean, some of the agents are just not worth the money. An agent potentially sitting on papers for 8 weeks is just not on.

I'm sorry I had to laugh when you said about what does a baker do! It does seem a bit **** and I totally sympathise with you, but look at this way, at least it is something relatively minor and you can bore them to death with such an indepth essay that they will be in no doubt about what a baker does and how they do it. We run our own business and no two days are the same and we are on call 24/7. I have told my OH to write like he is explaining his job to someone who has never heard of it before. I am really not looking forward to this process, but needs must. In a few months time, we will all look back on this and laugh. BTW, I was born in Gillingham.

Hi candygirl,

Thanks for your thoughts. It's one of those situations that you have to laugh at otherwise you'll go mad!

So whereabouts do you live now if you originated from Gillingham?

Paul

Hi candygirl,

Thanks for your thoughts. It's one of those situations that you have to laugh at otherwise you'll go mad!

So whereabouts do you live now if you originated from Gillingham?

Paul

You defo need a sense of humour at the moment, otherwise you would just crack up!

I live in Costa Blanca, Spain now. I have been around a bit. From Gillingham, moved to Welling, then Sevenoaks then Sydney, back to Sevenoaks then to Spain and now hoping to get to Perth:biggrin:

You defo need a sense of humour at the moment, otherwise you would just crack up!

I live in Costa Blanca, Spain now. I have been around a bit. From Gillingham, moved to Welling, then Sevenoaks then Sydney, back to Sevenoaks then to Spain and now hoping to get to Perth:biggrin:

Blimey, that's some air miles!

I would love to meet up with peeps from PIO. I feel we are going through this rollercoaster ride together and share in eachother's ups and downs. TBH, I really don't know where we will end up going. Originally, we were heading to Brisbane. Then found out the processing time for family sponsored visas was taking forever and OH's skill not on QLD SS list. So have spent months researching Perth, WA as OH's skill is on SS SOL list. Today, have read some further info about the new scheme to find that if your skills are on the new CSOL list the state have to sponsor you so OH has now said we have two options East or West. As if my head was not all over the place as it is:biggrin: I have decided not to think about it, need to get through TRA first and will then think about the next bit. I think under the new scheme, you can put in for all states.

Tina, we are hoping to go to Brisbane, if we get an invite to apply!! nervous about this skill select stuff but maybe it won't be as bad as i think!

Hi dani5,

Have you made any progress on resubmitting your TRA yet?

Paul

Hi dani5,

Have you made any progress on resubmitting your TRA yet?

Paul

Hi Paul,

No, not yet.. we have requested a statement from Craig's employer and the employer's accountant and we are going to send lots more payslips and P60's (don't want to risk anything this time!) then we will need to get them all certified asap..

how are you getting on with your details of work bit?

i hope we will be able to send it for review by this time next week..

Dani

Archived