Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please can someone tell me how long it takes for the results to reflect on the online TRA website. I checked this morning and there is a finalization date as todays date but it still reflects "awaiting assessment"

My nerves are FINISHED.

Thank you.

Thank you. It was registered on the 18th of May. I just dont understand if finalisation date means they still in process or if its done. I want to cry, just want to know what the outcome is. So frustrating.

Please can someone tell me how long it takes for the results to reflect on the online TRA website. I checked this morning and there is a finalization date as todays date but it still reflects "awaiting assessment"

My nerves are FINISHED.

Thank you.

The same happened with my wife, check again in a few hours and it will show the outcome.

Fingers crossed for you!

Posted my wife's review off to TRA today, complete with confirmation of VIC SS.

Wonder how long it will take?

Good luck I hope it works out for you, do you have enough points to apply after 1st July. Our problem is our age as we are 42 we thought we could only apply before 1st July but as they have now lowered the points to 60 we would have been good after 1st July, the whole process is so stressful and a horrid waiting game. Wishing you and your OH the best of luck. Ali

Feeling rather deflated today, got the very unwanted unsuccesfull TRA outcome letter. however here's my story.

Applied for TRA on 16th April, TRA received on 23 April. I applied as a gasfitter as I have been working with British gas for the last 12 years, Prior to that I was a Mechanical fitter/turner, fully time served, ONC and half an HNC in mechanical engineering, I done this for 11 years. After redundancy I booked up for the college to train as a gas engineer, my original trade/apprenticeship was recognised and therefor I could qualify without having to complete an apprenticeship as a gas fitter. There's where the problem lies, TRA say as I dont have an official apprenticeship as a gas fitter I am not suitably qualified. I wasnt planning on being a gas fitter in oz and I was going to return to my original trade as a mechanical fitter/turner but as I have not been working as this for 12 out of the last 24 months I couldn't apply as this.

The only way around this that I can see is if I return to my original trade and do this for 12 months and reapply, or I could try and get a sponsor 457 visa which I very much dont want to do.

Hopefully I'm missing something and all you helpfull POIers could point me in the right direction

Here's hoping!!!!

Feeling rather deflated today, got the very unwanted unsuccesfull TRA outcome letter. however here's my story.

Applied for TRA on 16th April, TRA received on 23 April. I applied as a gasfitter as I have been working with British gas for the last 12 years, Prior to that I was a Mechanical fitter/turner, fully time served, ONC and half an HNC in mechanical engineering, I done this for 11 years. After redundancy I booked up for the college to train as a gas engineer, my original trade/apprenticeship was recognised and therefor I could qualify without having to complete an apprenticeship as a gas fitter. There's where the problem lies, TRA say as I dont have an official apprenticeship as a gas fitter I am not suitably qualified. I wasnt planning on being a gas fitter in oz and I was going to return to my original trade as a mechanical fitter/turner but as I have not been working as this for 12 out of the last 24 months I couldn't apply as this.

The only way around this that I can see is if I return to my original trade and do this for 12 months and reapply, or I could try and get a sponsor 457 visa which I very much dont want to do.

Hopefully I'm missing something and all you helpfull POIers could point me in the right direction

Here's hoping!!!!

Hi

Can you get an AQF (like NVQ but Australian) through recognition of prior learning? My DH did this with tiling he served his time with his Dad and never got qulifications. Then you can apply to TRA I'd say their problem is you don't have a qualification.

Guest Illumanati2
Hi

Can you get an AQF (like NVQ but Australian) through recognition of prior learning? My DH did this with tiling he served his time with his Dad and never got qulifications. Then you can apply to TRA I'd say their problem is you don't have a qualification.

sounds the way to go..ring TRA and ask the assessor if that would be ok..any advice from them saves you $300

caz....have you heard anything yet?

Guest Illumanati2

TRA received 23/4/12, TRA unsuccesfull 25/6/12 The Adamsons.....that was a quick turn around...I wonder if they have pulled their finger out lol

[quote name=

caz....have you heard anything yet?

No nothing yet it'll be 3 weeks on Thurs since they emailed the hubby! Maybe they didn't put it on the portal and have just posted it, although their site did say that after June they would email results, but sure God only knows, my head is wrecked!!!!!!

TRA received 23/4/12, TRA unsuccesfull 25/6/12 The Adamsons.....that was a quick turn around...I wonder if they have pulled their finger out lol

I was surprised myself, didn't expect anything till end of July although ive seen a few others around the same timescale posted today!

Hi

Mmmmm, thats something else to look into, although gas engineers in GB have to renew their qualifications every 5 years, I dont have an NVQ, it's maybe worth looking into how much more work would need to be done to get this, Thanks

Mmmmm, thats something else to look into, although gas engineers in GB have to renew their qualifications every 5 years, I dont have an NVQ, it's maybe worth looking into how much more work would need to be done to get this, Thanks

No bother!

It's not that big of a deal work wise but the cost is about £2.5-3k.

So we rang the TRA last night and spoke to a very nice chap who said that our reply email to them was sent to the correct section and after that he didn't know what happened so he is going to look into it and email us by the end of the week.

TRA unsuccessful, got email this morning! Cannot describe how gutted we are! they say that we haven't provided enough evidence of work experience

The required evidence of 8 years full time paid employment (or equivalent) prior to your

September 2011 AO.F qualification was not supplied. You provided evidence of employment

which equated to approximately 4.5 years full time employment. Section 2.8.3 of the Guidelines

indicates that you must provide evidence of working in full time paid employment under

supervision as well as an additional three years employment after this period, which is

considered as evidence worldng at a skilled level.

TRA was unable to use the information that you supplied regarding you and your clients to

verify the location of addresses and detail of the work that was completed.

Now I'll have to ring them again and see what 4 years they're saying we didn't prove!

Archived