Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

Thanks caz.

Have you tried phoning TRA? We did and they emailed us a copy of the outcome letter. Might be worth a try?

Yeah we got email with result, but still not sure what exactly their problem is so waiting for feedback from them, I'm trying to preempt it and am redoing some stuff and getting more information on clients etc and hopefully what I think is wrong is what's actually wrong and I'll be ready to send it pretty much as soon as I get feedback!

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had a response to our email that we sent on 20 June saying that our query has been referred to an Assessor, so we are hoping this is good news. Will let you know what they say re the 5 year supervised employment issue/5 year apprenticeship.

Good Luck to everyone else who is still waiting. They must still have a huge backlog if it takes them nearly two weeks to acknowledge a query:confused:

Sorry forgot to say!!! When you get a successful TRA assessment is there a code or something on the paperwork? I am asking because when we did our EOI yesterday we did not complete this section obviously as we don't have it yet, but we were wondering how they calculate the points on the EOI for the skills assessment. Thanks.

Still in a state of shock after FINALLY getting TRA approval on Monday last week.

We lodged our WA SS just before their cut-off time and then the 176 application with just hours to spare.

I can now take a deep breathe and wait for a CO to be assigned. I must admit the TRA part of the process has been the most stressful part of the process and at times it almost brought us to breaking point (OH wanted to give up at one point and head back to South Africa!).

Good luck to all those still waiting for their TRA approval.

Congratulations to all those who managed to get in ahead of the deadline. Look forward to meeting some of you in 176 lodged in June 2012!

Guest Illumanati2

My uncles parcel got their today- same time as TRA Application sent- so im hopeful that its now in the process of being----processed lol

Still in a state of shock after FINALLY getting TRA approval on Monday last week.

We lodged our WA SS just before their cut-off time and then the 176 application with just hours to spare.

I can now take a deep breathe and wait for a CO to be assigned. I must admit the TRA part of the process has been the most stressful part of the process and at times it almost brought us to breaking point (OH wanted to give up at one point and head back to South Africa!).

Good luck to all those still waiting for their TRA approval.

Congratulations to all those who managed to get in ahead of the deadline. Look forward to meeting some of you in 176 lodged in June 2012!

Hi Hon,

On your TRA positive assessment, is there a code or something. Just curious as to what to put on the EOI if and when it comes through. Thanks Lorraine x

Got an email from TRA this morning to say my wife's review will be passed to an assessor in the next 5 working days, as it can be expedited because we sent in proof or our state sponsorship for Vic!

Really pleased we haven't got to wait another 60 odd days but worried whether we've sent enough info in now!

Hi Hon,

On your TRA positive assessment, is there a code or something. Just curious as to what to put on the EOI if and when it comes through. Thanks Lorraine x

The letter had an ABN reference which contained 11 numbers at the top but not sure what this relates to. It could be the number for the EOI. The letter itself confirms OH's full name, dob, passport number and trade code for OH it was FITTER (GENERAL) 323211. The TRA reference number at the top may also be significant but not sure.

Good luck!

Bloody hell, just checked the online portal and its saying a finalisation date of today! surely they can't have processed our review in 2 days?

Bit worried they've done it too quickly and it's gonna come back unsuccessful again!

Bloody hell, just checked the online portal and its saying a finalisation date of today! surely they can't have processed our review in 2 days?

Bit worried they've done it too quickly and it's gonna come back unsuccessful again!

Oh good luck good luck good luck!!!!!!!! Sure it will be fine they prob just had to check the extra info that's why it was so quick.

Whew! That's quick! :eek:

Keeping everything crossed for a positive result for you :smile:

After lots of nail biting waiting for our review outcome today, I can announce that we now have a 'SUCCESSFUL' result!

I'd just like to thank everyone for their words of encouragement recently, and also wish everyone who is still waiting the very best of luck.

The letter had an ABN reference which contained 11 numbers at the top but not sure what this relates to. It could be the number for the EOI. The letter itself confirms OH's full name, dob, passport number and trade code for OH it was FITTER (GENERAL) 323211. The TRA reference number at the top may also be significant but not sure.

Good luck!

Is the ABN reference the same as the TRA reference number?

Brilliant , congrats, are you about to lodge your EOI now? Might even go through quicker than 176 visas that were lodged in June, you must be over the moon Ali

After lots of nail biting waiting for our review outcome today, I can announce that we now have a 'SUCCESSFUL' result!

I'd just like to thank everyone for their words of encouragement recently, and also wish everyone who is still waiting the very best of luck.

Archived