Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

Our agent received our letter from TRA. Unfortunately they have deemed our application to be unsuccessful for the second time round.

She is shocked as there is really no justification for this. They claim that we did not submit ANY proof of employment which is absolute rubbish as we have supplied references which cover all of my work history.

She has spoken to a colleague in Australia who deals extensively with TRA and he has confirmed that this has also happened to his clients. At some point recently, TRA made the provision of payslips compulsory for proving work experience. She says this was neither documented nor communicated to anyone and is grossly unfair. TRA have contacted some of her other clients and requested that they supply additional work experience documentation. For some reason, they have not afforded me this opportunity and have simply issued an unsuccessful letter. She is so angry with them – they are a law unto themselves and don’t seem to be subject to any regulation or service standards.

We are now having to appeal the decision and supply the missing information (which will obviously be easy enough to do) but they will charge another $300 for this and I don’t know how long it will take to process.

So frustrating............!!!!!!

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our agent received our letter from TRA. Unfortunately they have deemed our application to be unsuccessful for the second time round.

She is shocked as there is really no justification for this. They claim that we did not submit ANY proof of employment which is absolute rubbish as we have supplied references which cover all of my work history.

She has spoken to a colleague in Australia who deals extensively with TRA and he has confirmed that this has also happened to his clients. At some point recently, TRA made the provision of payslips compulsory for proving work experience. She says this was neither documented nor communicated to anyone and is grossly unfair. TRA have contacted some of her other clients and requested that they supply additional work experience documentation. For some reason, they have not afforded me this opportunity and have simply issued an unsuccessful letter. She is so angry with them – they are a law unto themselves and don’t seem to be subject to any regulation or service standards.

We are now having to appeal the decision and supply the missing information (which will obviously be easy enough to do) but they will charge another $300 for this and I don’t know how long it will take to process.

Oh God you poor thing that's awful! Hope it gets sorted soon.

Guest Illumanati2

Getting all our paperwork certified tomorrow ready to be sent this week- just found out wall and floor tiling has been taken off the sol list from 1st july....gutted!!! still gonna send it tho as ive put a lot of hard work into this........not sure what to do after that tho....just checked NZ points check and if I have filled it out right I only get 95 points with NZ....looks like im stuck in England ( could always emigrate to Wales I suppose)

Getting all our paperwork certified tomorrow ready to be sent this week- just found out wall and floor tiling has been taken off the sol list from 1st july....gutted!!! still gonna send it tho as ive put a lot of hard work into this........not sure what to do after that tho....just checked NZ points check and if I have filled it out right I only get 95 points with NZ....looks like im stuck in England ( could always emigrate to Wales I suppose)

oh thats awful for you :(

do you think its worth spending all the extra money (certification of documents and TRA fee) if you aren't on the SOL??

have you had a look if there are any other options?

Guest Illumanati2

Im going to have to get my skills assessed no matter which visa I go for.....I was looking at state sponsorship and Canberra is still showing on their shortgae list ( that might change tho come 1st july)

I will have to put forward an expression of interest and hope for the best i think.

I have got an uncle in oz but dont think I can get sponsored from family in Canberra...

Todays word is.......Gutted

Im going to have to get my skills assessed no matter which visa I go for.....I was looking at state sponsorship and Canberra is still showing on their shortgae list ( that might change tho come 1st july)

I will have to put forward an expression of interest and hope for the best i think.

I have got an uncle in oz but dont think I can get sponsored from family in Canberra...

Really feel for you.

i feel so sorry for you!! i don't really feel that i can complain any more.. good luck with everything!! hopefully it will remain on Canberra's list!!

When we applied our agent told us John had to include payslips 1 every 3 months for the the 8 years he was claiming he also had to include P60s

Aw crap when did they change the poxy list!? My DH is wall n floor tiler too!

Have they put up a new list somewhere?

Caz - Oh No!!!!!! What visa were you applying for. This list is for family and independent visas.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/updated-sol.pdf

Thanks Lorraine!

We were going for state sponsored so hopefully it stays on the state list! ........... My pregnant dopey brain is right in thinking that we can still go state sponsored as long as it stays on state list?

Sorry to hear that Schafer.

I dont want to be down on all agents byt it does actually say you need payslips, so if you agent did not ask you for them then I would be having strong words with them and request thay pay for the review. See the link Secion 2.8.1 it says

The following documents must be provided as evidence of employment:

a) employment statements for all employment claimed or a personal statement (if claiming self employment)

b) details of your employment history in your own words

c) other evidence of being employed such as pay slips, tax documents or superannuation documents

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Programs/SkillsAssess/TRA/residenceVisa/Skilled/Documents/MigrationSkillsGuidelines.pdf

Good luck

Tina

Thanks Lorraine!

We were going for state sponsored so hopefully it stays on the state list! ........... My pregnant dopey brain is right in thinking that we can still go state sponsored as long as it stays on state list?

Yes, I checked this with Rich and he said this should be the case - he is more clued up on the visa side than me. I am just the dog's body who sorts everything else out. It's not you Hon, believe me, I could scream sometimes.

Have you called TRA to see what they are playing at? If you get in before the deadline, you will be OK.

Yes, I checked this with Rich and he said this should be the case - he is more clued up on the visa side than me. I am just the dog's body who sorts everything else out. It's not you Hon, believe me, I could scream sometimes.

Have you called TRA to see what they are playing at? If you get in before the deadline, you will be OK.

Phew well as long as it doesn't disappear from the state lists then we're not really any worse off I suppose! I might send an email to WA and SA people to see if they intend to keep it on their list. Des hasn't got IELTS yet so we have to wait anyway.

If there's no change tomorrow I'll ring TRA on Monday to see what their at.

If all else fails Des might have the prospect of going to Sydney and getting sponsored so I may go and start researching that cause I don't really know anything about it and didn't really want to go there but ho hum we'll get there somehow

Thanks x

Sorry to hear that Schafer.

I dont want to be down on all agents byt it does actually say you need payslips, so if you agent did not ask you for them then I would be having strong words with them and request thay pay for the review. See the link Secion 2.8.1 it says

The following documents must be provided as evidence of employment:

a) employment statements for all employment claimed or a personal statement (if claiming self employment)

b) details of your employment history in your own words

c) other evidence of being employed such as pay slips, tax documents or superannuation documents

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Programs/SkillsAssess/TRA/residenceVisa/Skilled/Documents/MigrationSkillsGuidelines.pdf

Good luck

Tina

Hi Tina,

Our agent is saying that they have just brought this in within the last few weeks? This I want to ask TRA myself. I think she has overlooked this and is now trying to pass the blame onto TRA. If it has been a recent change that payslips are compulsory then I think it only be fair that rather than deeming our application unsuccessful, ask us for the information and we will send it in. Our heads are all over the place at the moment. I'm also going to ring a few other migration companies today to see if this has been a recent change or if it has always been there.

Hopefully things will all get sorted.

When we applied our agent told us John had to include payslips 1 every 3 months for the the 8 years he was claiming he also had to include P60s

Hi guys when did you apply for your TRA..? As our agent is saying that this new rule of payslips being compulsory was only brought in a few weeks ago.

Hi Tina,

Our agent is saying that they have just brought this in within the last few weeks? This I want to ask TRA myself. I think she has overlooked this and is now trying to pass the blame onto TRA. If it has been a recent change that payslips are compulsory then I think it only be fair that rather than deeming our application unsuccessful, ask us for the information and we will send it in. Our heads are all over the place at the moment. I'm also going to ring a few other migration companies today to see if this has been a recent change or if it has always been there.

Hopefully things will all get sorted.

Hi,

The link I gave you is to the TRA Guidelines which where reviewed and published SEPTEMBER 2011, so its your agent fault for not asking you for payslips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't find the previous guidance as think its on one of my memory sticks but I know that also said you needed payslips, if I find it will forward it too you as further back up when you speak with your agent. However still think they should be paying for the review as that guideline has been out 9 MONTHS!!!!!!!

If I can't get a job as a midwife in Oz I might become a migration agent!

Good Luck.

Tina

Hi,

The link I gave you is to the TRA Guidelines which where reviewed and published SEPTEMBER 2011, so its your agent fault for not asking you for payslips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't find the previous guidance as think its on one of my memory sticks but I know that also said you needed payslips, if I find it will forward it too you as further back up when you speak with your agent. However still think they should be paying for the review as that guideline has been out 9 MONTHS!!!!!!!

If I can't get a job as a midwife in Oz I might become a migration agent!

Good Luck.

Tina

Ha Ha, being able to deliver baby in one hand and a visa in the other - you will be very popular:biggrin:

Does anyone know which uk banks we can get a money order from so we can send payment to TRA?

Tried a couple but only available to account holders. Also tried post office but don't do them.

HELP!

which bank are you with?

we did ours with HSBC but we have an account there... not sure if they do it for non account holders..

Guest Illumanati2
Did you have to have an account with natwest though?

yes mate...went all over town looking, travel agents, post office etc just to try and avoid the £20 fee :(

Archived