Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheSandersons
91 working days (6 December 2011) since we lodged and still no outcome........ this is becoming very frustrating!!!:arghh:

We were 9th Nov & still NOTHING!!

91 working days (6 December 2011) since we lodged and still no outcome........ this is becoming very frustrating!!!:arghh:

Wow!! you must be working Saturdays and Sundays, did you take off two weeks for xmas and new year? i make your wait 61 working days, then again i was never top boy in maths.

I knew it would only be a matter of time before my blondeness shone through!!

Dean 74 - yes indeed 61 working days.... doesn't really make me feel any better though sadly.

OH is now talking about giving up the OZ dream and heading back to SA instead if we don't get in ahead of the changes in July....:unsure:

I knew it would only be a matter of time before my blondeness shone through!!

Dean 74 - yes indeed 61 working days.... doesn't really make me feel any better though sadly.

OH is now talking about giving up the OZ dream and heading back to SA instead if we don't get in ahead of the changes in July....

I feel the same as your OH the wait is just getting me down, i have now started working on plan 'B' in this country. I think things happen for a reason and beginning to think the delay at TRA is a sign. My wife and kids are still up for it but sadly the system has beaten me down!!:mad:

At my last count a few days ago we were on 84 working days and that was taking off all weekends the 2 week break at christmas and any bank holidays in between, ours was acknowledged on 1st November and still no word from them, it is now driving me mad!!!

Guest sophyjosh

I can't believe it's taking so long!! We feel like we are never going to get there!!

Has anybody been assessed yet?

Guest sophyjosh

Yes we have payed an extra $300 for point advice!

I can't believe it's 5 to 6 months to assess cases, fingers crossed we might get ours assessed next month

Decided to email my Agent today and ask if he has had any other clients assessed by TRA since Oct 2011 and he said "no" and that they are currently taking between 5-6 months to assess cases.

Crikey, that's a bit longer than the quoted 60 days!

Guest fultonclan
How long is the wait after the skills assessment for the migration points advice? Does anybody know?

And do you have to wait until u have a positive skills assessment before you can apply?

Cheers!

Hi, we are awaiting our points advice letter from TRA, hubby passed his vetassess practical on 28th feb. Yes you do have to have a positive skills assessment first.

Hi, we are awaiting our points advice letter from TRA, hubby passed his vetassess practical on 28th feb. Yes you do have to have a positive skills assessment first.

Thanks. Can you just quote your TRA reference number or do we have to fill the whole thing out again, because the form is the same as the skills assessment!(very confusing)

Thanks again

Guest fultonclan

We went through our agent, who sent off hubby's documents etc at the begining of december 2011. He was successful his practical like i said on 28th Feb 2012, so have been waiting about a month for the advice letter from TRA. Have no idea when it will come through. We haven't had any dealings with TRA ourselves so have no reference number our agent has done it all for us!

Rach x

anyone had any updates in the last few days or so?

Nope still waiting, still ours well OH only went in 06.03.12 so could be July before we get an answer.

Does anyone know why all processing centres for everything in Oz is taking so long, ie TRA, DIAC and also APRHA (registration for health professional) is currently taking 7 months!!!! All processing times seem to have jumped considerably of late have all government workers gone on strike or something?

Tina, family of five

Archived