New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Hi Guys!! Congrats to everyone who got good news this week!! :) Happy days!

Still no word from DIAC for us since we got ABPF last week, but my agent emailed this morning to say that she thinks we should go ahead and book medicals! I'm a little apprehensive, as at this stage our application could still be declined, should we wait until the co actually makes contact?

Any advice would be much appreciated! :)

Hi Guys!! Congrats to everyone who got good news this week!! :) Happy days!

Still no word from DIAC for us since we got ABPF last week, but my agent emailed this morning to say that she thinks we should go ahead and book medicals! I'm a little apprehensive, as at this stage our application could still be declined, should we wait until the co actually makes contact?

Any advice would be much appreciated! :)

Is there any doubts with your application?? If not I would go ahead and save time. Even after meds applications can still be declined. Not that yours will be positive and go for it.

Stacey we've just booked ours and they have lots of availability and it only takes a week to get the results online. I agree with Jambos & say if it's a straightforward case then go for it but otherwise I would hold off just in case. Its best part of £800 so would hate that to be wasted if there was a problem. Hopefully you'll hear before the end of the week. Can your agent get in touch with someone to check?

Hi and what a fab thread and thank you for doing such a good job :-)

We lodged our 175 this week and would love to be included.

Name: sandym

Destination: gold coast/Brisbane

Date of Visa application: 28 may 2012

Nationality: British

High / Low Risk:

Trade / Profession: analyst programmer

Visa Type: 175

Onshore / Offshore: off shore

Processing Priority Group (Category): 4

Date Medicals submitted:

Date Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Guest guest67442

Quick update....

We found out all of our medicals have been finalised today so that's one big relief :notworthy:

Just waiting for the PCCs to arrive now and that should be it. We've had the email confirmation they're processing them a couple of days ago so we're hoping we get them back before the bank holiday.

No word from the CO (since the initial requests) but our agent says we won't hear anything now until these last documents are uploaded?

Staying surprisingly calm somehow

Hi, all

As you can now see, all incarnations of this thread have now been merged into a single thread.

The Admins have changed the ownership of the thread to the account name 'cat4july2011', and I've given the password to this account to Flo to carry on administering and updating this thread.

When Flo moves on with a visa, the username and password can be passed on to the next person taking over the updating of the thread.

Hope this helps. I know I'm finding it much easier to search just this one thread than 4, as previously.

Cheers

PatrickW

One day into the waiting room and I think I have officially gone mad. I have been checking my status constantly. I checked at 11pm last night then 2am then 5 am and about 4 times since then. I bet the case officer has gone home already and making dinner on the bbq and yet i still keep checking!

:arghh: :mad:

One day into the waiting room and I think I have officially gone mad. I have been checking my status constantly. I checked at 11pm last night then 2am then 5 am and about 4 times since then. I bet the case officer has gone home already and making dinner on the bbq and yet i still keep checking!

:arghh: :mad:

I'm fully with you on this one Jit7.

I've now been in the waiting room for going on 3 weeks. Medicals were delivered to DIAC on Monday 14 May 2012; marked as received on Friday 18 May, but one set of medicals were referred.

Today I got the referred set of medicals marked as 'finalised' - so I've now gone from the general paranoid visa checking of 6-8 times a day to the more frenetic shoving-to-get-to-the-exit-door-of-the-waiting-room checking of every 10 minutes or so.

ARGH!

Hurry up already!

*ahem* I'm trying to stay cool here, but I'm struggling.

Patrick

P.S. My morning ritual is:

1. Get woken up by the alarm on my iPhone

2. Roll over and turn off the alarm

3. Press the 'email' button

4. Check for an email from DIAC

5. Sigh, swear, and re-set the alarm for 20 minutes' snooze time

6. Go back to sleep

We're a strange breed of person in the waiting room.

I'm fully with you on this one Jit7.

I've now been in the waiting room for going on 3 weeks. Medicals were delivered to DIAC on Monday 14 May 2012; marked as received on Friday 18 May, but one set of medicals were referred.

Today I got the referred set of medicals marked as 'finalised' - so I've now gone from the general paranoid visa checking of 6-8 times a day to the more frenetic shoving-to-get-to-the-exit-door-of-the-waiting-room checking of every 10 minutes or so.

ARGH!

Hurry up already!

*ahem* I'm trying to stay cool here, but I'm struggling.

Patrick

P.S. My morning ritual is:

1. Get woken up by the alarm on my iPhone

2. Roll over and turn off the alarm

3. Press the 'email' button

4. Check for an email from DIAC

5. Sigh, swear, and re-set the alarm for 20 minutes' snooze time

6. Go back to sleep

We're a strange breed of person in the waiting room.

I guess that will be my daily routine now!!

Hi guys... I was away for some days...jst returned back...first thing I did was checking my status & latest on our this forum...congrates to all of those getting grants & COs.....things are going really fast now...hopefully now it will be our turn in a week or so...

Another day is about to pass, still waiting for CO :mad:

hi there...I ve been following your timeline for many days...don worry hopefully you will get a CO by this monday or max wednesday (my feeling):biggrin:...one guy got a CO assigned & he was of feb 13th I think...so be ready for your turn... best of luck

C

Hi, all

As you can now see, all incarnations of this thread have now been merged into a single thread.

The Admins have changed the ownership of the thread to the account name 'cat4july2011', and I've given the password to this account to Flo to carry on administering and updating this thread.

When Flo moves on with a visa, the username and password can be passed on to the next person taking over the updating of the thread.

Hope this helps. I know I'm finding it much easier to search just this one thread than 4, as previously.

Cheers

PatrickW

This is great Patrik, well done. We just need Flo to copy his first page (Post #7543) to the first page.

amazing how much lesser time we spend on this thread once we have the grant! I do still have that mixed anxious-exciting feeling, but not of getting the visa, more like if we'll succeed in getting work and moving to Oz :)

i think i got addicted to this forum... i still check for updates like 4-5 times a day!

Anyways guys, off to Auckland tomorrow to get my visa evidenced... will keep you all posted on how it goes.

Hi All,

We submitted our app for our 175 on the 3rd May 2012. I have just gone in today to see if there was any updates and they have listed a whole heap of things as "required".

It is asking for us to fill in the character form & get an x-ray, general medical check & HIV test.

I have not had any correspondence asking for this or been given a case officer so do I wait for that or is this the green light to get these things done?

Just seems a bit quick?

P.s we have applied for a 175 but are currently in Australia on a 457. The address on our app is in Australia. Not sure if that makes any difference?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Edited by mj&db

Mine showed required but when you get a case officer your status should say application being processed further and/or email sent to you.

Once a CO goes through your app, the required status will change to met.

I waited for the email before getting my medical and pcc done but that is entirely your decision.

Good luck

Hi guys !!!

Me and hubby had a few days off. We spent great holidays:biggrin:.

We feel so relieved thanks to this grant !!:em3600:

.. but coming back home we did not find any letter from DIAC.

Did you guys (those who have been granted) receive any notification letter by post?

We received an email from our CO on 30th, April with 4 attached documents : client service information + grant notification + visa grant notice + visa grant important information.

But nothing else.

Any information will be welcomed.

We plan to go to Brisbane for good in September.

Thanks guys !!:wubclub:

We are waiting for more than three years to get a mail with those attachments but nothing else...!!!

Print those files and move as per your plan. Have good time always.

Hi guys !!!

Me and hubby had a few days off. We spent great holidays:biggrin:.

We feel so relieved thanks to this grant !!:em3600:

.. but coming back home we did not find any letter from DIAC.

Did you guys (those who have been granted) receive any notification letter by post?

We received an email from our CO on 30th, April with 4 attached documents : client service information + grant notification + visa grant notice + visa grant important information.

But nothing else.

Any information will be welcomed.

We plan to go to Brisbane for good in September.

Thanks guys !!:wubclub:

Mine showed required but when you get a case officer your status should say application being processed further and/or email sent to you.

Once a CO goes through your app, the required status will change to met.

I waited for the email before getting my medical and pcc done but that is entirely your decision.

Good luck

This is what my current status looks like.....it says application processing commenced so does this mean start doing the health and police checks?

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TH=bgcolor: #61A6CF, colspan: 4, align: left]pplication Status[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]Application[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]General Skilled Migration -[/TD]

[TD=width: 10%][/TD]

[TD=width: 15%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 03/05/2012[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application received - processing commenced[/TD]

[TD=width: 15%]Message[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Application fee received[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]View your receipt details[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Document Checklist[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]Person 1[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Health requirements outstanding[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Medical examination required[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Chest X-Ray report required[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Chest X-Ray film required[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]HIV blood test required[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]Person 2[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Health requirements outstanding[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Medical examination required[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Chest X-Ray report required[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]Chest X-Ray film required[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]HIV blood test required[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%]View Entitlement Details[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I have printed off and filled in all the forms. I was going to book health exams this week and my hubby was going to get the Police checks when he goes back to the UK in a few weeks as the Dept that does them is just a few towns from where he will be.

Edited by mj&db

Hi mj&db,

that's what the page looks like when you apply for visa. To elaborate, when your status changes in any way it will be written below application fee received. T

his means that DIAC received your application and that they confirm you paid for application fee. All of these things show required as long as you don't load your medicals and PCCs and other stuff that CO requires from you. If you wish, you can frontload your PCCs and Medicals even before you get a CO but bear in mind that you have to validate your visa within one year of finalising Medicals or Pccs (whichever you get done first), of course, also, when DIAC grants you the visa. So, for example, if you frontload your medicals on July 15th,2012 and Pccs on August 21st,2012 and you get the visa granted on December 1st,2012, it means that you'll have to enter Australia until July 15,2013 (one year from finalising your Meds). Hope this all make sense..

This is what my current status looks like.....it says application processing commenced so does this mean start doing the health and police checks?