New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

:ssign13:

I thought that StaceyLacey asked that in general and not directly to you Jit7/PatrickW!

I'm such a _______________ (feel free to fill in the blank)..

It seems to be quite a general question but I just answered it using my status as an example. You weren't wrong to reply!!!

allrighty then, I guess I can crawl out from my ''i'm sorry'' room ang go back to ''waiting room''.. :cool:

Hey Bloomberg

Haven't forgotton you still checking most days hoping that your status has changed. It surely can't be much longer!! :daydreaming:

allrighty then, I guess I can crawl out from my ''i'm sorry'' room ang go back to ''waiting room''.. :cool:

You've spent quite some time in the waiting room - fingers crossed you get granted your visa soon

Hey Bloomberg

Haven't forgotton you still checking most days hoping that your status has changed. It surely can't be much longer!! :daydreaming:

Hey Jambos,

I was thinking about asking you to release your wolves on DIAC.. :yes: Been waiting too long now if you ask me.. I am really happy for all people who got their grants, I really am, but somehow I just don't get it how this year application have priority before ones from last year.. No matter high/low risk.. Everyday I come here hoping I'll inform you guys that the wait is finally over so I can

finally opet that bottle of Ozzie white wine that we kept in our fridge for almost two years now and nothing.. :cry:

I think that wine might already became vinegar..

so? wolves? yes?

Guys I never expected it after going away on Holiday but I just got MY VISA! Excited now!!!!!!!!! It's been a roller coaster but am finally there!

WOW thats brilliant and such a quick turnaround - Congratulations!

My dear Jit7, it feels like it has been years now.. Thank you for your support! :wubclub:

PS - are you already partying?

We had a few celebratory drinks over the bank holiday :goofy:

:wink:

Just waiting for it all to sink in. Hubby is very determined to get everything sorted now. I'm keeping a bottle of champagne ready for when we can finally say "we're off"

Hey Jambos,

I was thinking about asking you to release your wolves on DIAC.. :yes: Been waiting too long now if you ask me.. I am really happy for all people who got their grants, I really am, but somehow I just don't get it how this year application have priority before ones from last year.. No matter high/low risk.. Everyday I come here hoping I'll inform you guys that the wait is finally over so I can

finally opet that bottle of Ozzie white wine that we kept in our fridge for almost two years now and nothing.. :cry:

I think that wine might already became vinegar..

so? wolves? yes?

I'm sending them in right now Bloomberg. Watch out DIAC all we ask is a GRANT FOR BLOOMBERG!!!:realmad:

By the way congrats to everyone who got their visas this week:laugh:

Guest irisheyesaresmiling
Thanks StaceyLacey and Bloomberg

It says on our status that we have until 28th May 2013 to enter Australia to validate our visa and also gives a date 5 years down the line for the validity of our visa (see below)

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 40%]Your visa is valid until:[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]04/06/2017[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 40%]You are allowed to make:[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Multiple entries to and from Australia during the validity of your visa[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 40%]You must not arrive in Australia after:[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]28/05/2013[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 40%]Your period of stay is:[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Indefinite[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I know its a given with this type of visa but i still love that word "indefinite". i cant wait to log in and see that one!!.

Guest Rachter

Thanks Oppy! Hope you managed to get through at the counter with no trouble. Our CO told me the same today, no need to get evidence stamp unless you need this for travelling to certain countries. 457 cancelled already as PR has been activated. Will feel great to go through kingsford :)

yes, i was told at the embassy that the grant letter will be recognized at the immigration counter. will know if that is for real or not in about 10hrs. will let you know.

as for the 457, i believe/assume that one cant have 2 visas at the same time so once the 175 has been approved, the 457 gets cancelled.

i only notified my work about this whole thing after i got my pre-grant. i will tell them i now have a PR when i get back but i reckon the 457 will be cancelled the moment i get into australia.

i will go evidence the 175 in sydney. usually, they will put a "cancelled without prejudice" stamp on the old/existing visa.

Guys I never expected it after going away on Holiday but I just got MY VISA! Excited now!!!!!!!!! It's been a roller coaster but am finally there!

Hi all

My medicals were all marked as 'met' and 'finalised' on Saturday this past weekend. After doing the 6-8 online checks a day, I decided to give DIAC a gentle prompting, so I phoned the contact centre from home this morning. Not too bad a wait - the phonecall was only 9 minutes in total: just politely asking if there were any outstanding requirements from my side, if I needed to send anything final, how long it might take to get the visa finalised etc.

I was told by the operator, after looking up my details, that all was showing as met on their side, and my case looked decision-ready; so he made a note on the file for my case officer that all was in order.

When I got in to work, I checked my status routinely (ho hum) expecting nothing major, only to see "APPLICANT APPROVED" for the three of us!

We are so thrilled here! I've not stopped grinning like a Cheshire cat since I saw the online status - and the email was just behind, with all of the official documentation. Go Team 4!

We're not going to do a LSD visit, we'll just do the move over to Perth in around September-ish this year - depending on the house and car sales.

I'd like to express my sincere appreciation to the people who have administered this thread; you've done a great job - and the spreadsheet has been an invaluable resource (on a related note, please turn me PURPLE, baby!), and also to the people who have contributed to the thread; the personal glitches and questions and problems and snags in your own visa applications that you have shared, have asked the questions I've had; and your kind, sensible and supportive answers have provided me with the answers to my own issues.

Thanks again to everyone - you're a great crowd of people!

Hope to see you down under!

Cheers,

PatrickW

P.S. Can anyone explain the meaning of the following from my 'entitlement details' page: Enter before date: 13/04/2013 (normal, no problem); Must not arrive after: 06/05/2012 - seems a touch impossible to me...

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE - OUR VISA HAS BEEN GRANTED!!!!! :biglaugh:

I've been away for a few days so I've not been able to update, but our visa was granted on Monday. My husband and I are so so so so so so happy.

We've only just told his parents, but I'm very nervous about telling mine. They know that we are waiting but it has all happened quite fast. I can't say anything at work yet so I'm so grateful I have you guys on PIO.

We now need to sort out jobs, rent out the house, and get quotes for moving our stuff. We're hoping to be in Melbourne later on this year, but it just depends on how quickly we can secure jobs.

Just like PatrickW, I would like to say a big big thank you to everyone on this thread for the advice and support over the months. You've kept me sane!!

Thanks again everyone

Jit

Many congrats to Patrick, Jit7 and Flo. All the best to you for the future.

Guest guest67442

Congrats to all, it's raining visas!!

Hopefully we're not too far behind you. After waiting all bank holiday for the PCCs to arrive in this morning's post, only 1 did! Hopefully the other will be in tomorrow's post :twitcy:

This is torture and I've just found out that it's a bank holiday in Oz on Monday - aarghh! That right?

Ah well, got to keep calm.

Well done guys

Thanks Oppy! Hope you managed to get through at the counter with no trouble. Our CO told me the same today, no need to get evidence stamp unless you need this for travelling to certain countries. 457 cancelled already as PR has been activated. Will feel great to go through kingsford :)

yes Rachter, i made it in okay, no fuss at all. They didnt even ask for the letter at the immigration counter at Kingsford. i had it on standby anyways. and it felt hell of good to fill "migrating permanently" on the arrival card... really cool.

It feels good not to have that hold of being tied to my workplace...

Really good feeling. i can now say its all over. lol.

Going to get it evidenced next week in sydney though, i want to see this most elusive PR visa with my very own two eyes. lol

Guest heidim

So we're still in the torture chamber, waiting for the visa grant. Meds received in Oz twee weeks ago. Meds referred 8 days ago for minor issues. And no news yet. We're really going crazy now!

Huge congratulations florentinustay!!! Wow they are working at lightning speed now, from application to grant in less than 2 months - that's amazing!

Good luck in your new life down under!

We have a grant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It came through on 31st May (much quicker than we had been expecting) and we have to validate by May 9th. We will be leaving home in February via Thailand for a family holiday and wedding. There is so much to do and I have no idea where to start.

EKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK WE HAVE A VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest doniedsilva

Hello,

I've applied for 175, paper based on 19th April. Do they load status details regarding paper based applications to a website? If yes, can someone please give me the website address?

Just curious to know what's happening to my application.... :)