New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Hi Guys!! Does "application being processed further" definately mean a case officer has been allocated?? as our status has been updated as of this morning!!

We used an agent, so has the diac emailed her with details of this?? AGGHHH!!! i'm so excited but it all seems a bit sudden, as we only lodged our application in March. Could i be getting excited over nothing?

It definitely means that you guys have got a CO....fingures crossed for you....best of luck...whats was your exact date of lodgement?

Thanks to Steve for keeping the old thread going and thanks Flo for taking over. :biggrin:

I wonder how this thread will change with EOI?

Cheers Erik. Flo is already off to a great start.

I reckon there will be as much activity with EOI because there will be same quota next year. What you will find is for example a group of nurses getting COs together one week then a group of accountants the next as the demand for certain professions is satisfied.

There will also be a large quantity of pre-EOI applications in June before the selection criteria change.

Hi all

With the impending move of Stephen to bigger and better things (who has done a brilliant job of continuing this thread), a thought occurs to me. I don't know if it's possible, or permissible on this forum, but having the same thread split into 3 parts (soon to be 4) makes searching historical things tricky.

What I propose is something like this:

Instead of having to create new threads every time one of the thread owners moves on, is it not possible to create a dummy account with a username like "Cat4Poster" or something, who can edit the first post in the thread, and the spreadsheet, and record PINKS and PURPLES etc.; but that person also has a separate personal account that they can use to post issues relating to their own CO and grant and doc requirements etc.?

That way, when the person behind these two usernames moves on to planning the Aus move, as we all hope to do soon, they can give the password to the "Cat4Poster" account to the person who wants to take over the thread, without 1) compromising the integrity of personal posts that may have been made (because the personal posts will have been made under the personal username) and 2) without having to create a new thread from scratch each time.

Is this possible? If so, why not try that, Florentinustay?

Just a thought.

Anyway, back to work, and checking my visa status page.

OK

Following on from my post yesterday: I've contacted site Admin, and they propose the following: either

1) Using a new user name to create and maintain a single thread from this point on, as described in my original post above - leaving parts one, two and three as separate threads; or

2) Merging all of these Cat 4 threads (Part 1, 2, 3 and now 4) and changing ownership of the thread from Tania Collins (as hers will be the earliest chronological post) to the new supervisor account referred to in 1) above; or

3) Leaving things as they are now, and when Flo gets the visa grant (which should be in a few weeks at current processing speeds!!!) and wants to pass the running of the thread onto someone else, a new thread will need to be created. (Part V, The Empire Strikes Back?)

What is the general opinion?

Shall we merge all of these threads into a new thread, and change ownership to a new account that can be legitimately passed on when the person running the thread moves on? I certainly found it annoying having to search all 3 threads for "medicals referred" - and it would be great to have everyone's contributions to this thread all consolidated into one - in my opinion.

Please let me know, and I can then pass this info on to the admin to make any necessary changes.

I don't know whether people should PM me their opinions to prevent off-thread items spamming everyone?

Regards

Patrick

OK

Following on from my post yesterday: I've contacted site Admin, and they propose the following: either

1) Using a new user name to create and maintain a single thread from this point on, as described in my original post above - leaving parts one, two and three as separate threads; or

2) Merging all of these Cat 4 threads (Part 1, 2, 3 and now 4) and changing ownership of the thread from Tania Collins (as hers will be the earliest chronological post) to the new supervisor account referred to in 1) above; or

3) Leaving things as they are now, and when Flo gets the visa grant (which should be in a few weeks at current processing speeds!!!) and wants to pass the running of the thread onto someone else, a new thread will need to be created. (Part V, The Empire Strikes Back?)

Shall we merge all of these threads into a new thread, and change ownership to a new account that can be legitimately passed on when the person running the thread moves on? I certainly found it annoying having to search all 3 threads for "medicals referred" - and it would be great to have everyone's contributions to this thread all consolidated into one - in my opinion.

Please let me know, and I can then pass this info on to the admin to make any necessary changes.

I don't know whether people should PM me their opinions to prevent off-thread items spamming everyone?

Regards

Patrick

I like the merge option. And we should call it "Cat4 The Complete Saga Episodes I to VI".

The Series So Far,

Episode I - The Phantom CO

Episode II - Attack of the 175s

Episode III - Revenge of the AFP

Episode IV - A New Hope in the Waiting Room

Episode V - The DIAC Stikes Back

Episode VI - Return to the UK

Edited by SHandGH

Hello gals and guys! I'm new to the thread, pls add me!!

Name: Felicity

Destination: Sunny Brisbane!!

Date of Visa application: 19/04/12

Nationality:british

High / Low Risk:low

Trade / Profession:acute surgical nurse

Visa Type: 175

Onshore / Offshore: offshore

Processing Priority Group (Category): 4

Date Medicals submitted:not yet

Date Police check submitted: not yet

Date CO assigned: still waiting!

Date of employment verification (If applicable):n/a

Date visa granted: not yet!

Thanks! Looking forward to meeting some likeminded new friends!!

Please feel free to get in touch!!

Fliss xx :cute:

Guest Yolande Roux

Hi

I just want to let you know we got our Visa Grant today.

Medicals received 15 May and Police clearance 12 May.

Hi

I just want to let you know we got our Visa Grant today.

Medicals received 15 May and Police clearance 12 May.

Congratulations!!!! Thats less than 2 weeks in the waiting room. Plus you've now got the whole weekend to celebrate.

Guest cat4july2011
OK

Regards

Patrick

In my honest opinion, I think a single thread like Option 1 would be preferred, simply because those who have already 'graduated' from the waiting room would most probably not visit the thread except to say hi once in a while, and those who have just added themselves to the waiting line wouldnt want to trawl through all the posts to see where things are. Just my $0.022 (with VAT)

PS. I'm tickled you got the Star Wars reference, Patrick! I was so sure that nobody would get the reference..

Hi Guys, it's SHandGH here.I have set up a new user for this. Since youve already been in touch Patrick maybe you could ask the mod / admin to now merge the threads? I'll PM you with the login details.

Wow things seem to be speeding up. I only applied for a 175 visa at the end of March and people were being processed from October or November. I was expecting it to take until July or August before people in March were going to be looked at.

Thought I'd take a look and now see that the DIAC are dealing with people in Feb, March and April. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be contacted soon.

Guest obelixous

Finally got my qualification assessment from Vetassess. The agent forwarded it to the CO over the weekend. Waiting continues...

That's great news Australia94 - where did you see the processing times? I just had a look but could only find Nov 11 being allocated to COs. We applied at the beginning of April and like you thought we wouldn't hear anything till August.

Hi Guys, it's SHandGH here.I have set up a new user for this. Since youve already been in touch Patrick maybe you could ask the mod / admin to now merge the threads? I'll PM you with the login details.

Hi - Thanks for setting this up, Stephen.

I'll contact Admin and give them the go-ahead.

Watch this space!

Patrick

Guest guest67442

Hi guys

Just a quick update from us (well done for keeping this thread going by the way!)

Firstly, Form 80 is in.

All the family had the medicals on Friday. The process has been well documented on here before so there were no surprises. Kids were great. Not something I'd like to be doing every day though :huh:.

X-rays, examinations and urine tests all passed verbally on the day, just waiting for the blood test results which should hopefully be today. No news is good news, so hopefully there'll be no reason for the clinic to be in touch.

Still not had email acknowledgement re the PCC applications which is a tad worrying. The received the forms on the 21st May and whilst I wouldn't expect the whole thing to be completed yet, our agent tells us we should have received the standard email acknowledgement by now. Time to chase I think.

Anyway, that's it for now. Will update again when there's more to tell.

Guest obelixous

Quick response from the CO, Visa granted...

Yipeeeeeeeeee... :biggrin:

The process lasted close to two years for me because of hiccups we faced along the way. The wait has been more than worth it... Now need to setup a date for the validation trip (Need to validate before Jan 2013), will try to go over in July or Aug to Melbourne. I want to search for jobs while on the validation trip. Suggestions on how to search for a job, or which month is likely to be more productive for job search in the field of IT / Software Development are most welcome.

Hi guys, I was just speaking to my agent, our status changed to application being processed further last week, but she has not received any correspondence from DIAC, so I don't think we have a case officer after all, I had a feeling it was too good to be true to have co after 2 months, but fingers crossed that we hear something soon

In your case your agent will get an email from the CO asking for the remaining documents like meds, PCC and form 80 if you have not FL them. Your visa page will show email sent and the date.

Hi Stacey, same for me as well, since I checked with my migration agent in Melbourne as well, they have yet to be contacted by my CO and have told me to just sit tight and wait for any news.

Any of the experienced folks in here can offer some advice on how do we know if a CO has been truly assigned? Just in case my migration agent is not around when DIAC calls or something

Edited by Honeybun

Hi guys,

Woke up this morning to great news. Application being processed further!!!!! I checked my inbox and there was an email form my CO requesting additional documents. Its only been 2mths and 11days since i lodged my application. Totally caught off guard and surprised. But i guess its just the beginning now,I have to get three police clearances from three different countrie because of my constant moving, medicals and a new birth certificate. Will keep everyone posted. Hang in there everyone else, it will happen

Quick response from the CO, Visa granted...

Yipeeeeeeeeee... :biggrin:

The process lasted close to two years for me because of hiccups we faced along the way. The wait has been more than worth it... Now need to setup a date for the validation trip (Need to validate before Jan 2013), will try to go over in July or Aug to Melbourne. I want to search for jobs while on the validation trip. Suggestions on how to search for a job, or which month is likely to be more productive for job search in the field of IT / Software Development are most welcome.

Congrats Obelixous!!!! :wubclub::wubclub::wubclub::wubclub::wubclub:

I was waiting for your grant.. hopefully we'll be next..

Enjoy the celebration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!