New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Yes, very quiet today! Medicals still not finalised even though completed 24th April. Received by DIAC as confirmed by Spire but still no change on system and still no email from CO. Must be in the slowest Team!!!! Getting really twitchy now as jobs are cropping up and registration for professional body almost complete but still no Grant. Checking emails and status like a maniac!!! The doubts are starting to set in as my mind is working overtime!!

Hang in there Angela. Wise words from someone whose had a grant for 1 day and has a terrible hangover. It is so worth the wait I feel like a 100 bircks have just fallen off my shoulders. You know your application is ok they just take time.:biggrin:

Please turn us PURPLE!!!

I've had nearly all day to get over the shock but it still hasn't sunk in.

Just after 7am this morning our agent sent us e-mail saying that she will upload our PCCs tomorrow now (I'm pressuming she was finishing her day) so I didn't expect to see anything today.

At 9am my husband rang me from work asking if I've seen e-mails recently because I should.

So I had look and I couldn't believe it - our agent saying in e-mail that she uploaded PCCs afterall and our visa was granted at 8.20am our time.

And top it all up my birthday is tomorrow - the best ever birthday present. So we'll be celebrating in style tomorrow.

Meanwhile I'm just enjoying the feeling (mixed feelings of happiness, excitement but it's also a bit scary, now the "real" work starts...).

Thank you everybody for all your posts, it's been a great support reading your posts for many months now. Just don't stop!

Good luck for everybody - hang in there, it will happen.

x

Please turn us PURPLE!!!

Just after 7am this morning our agent sent us e-mail saying that she will upload our PCCs tomorrow now (I'm pressuming she was finishing her day) so I didn't expect to see anything today.

At 9am my husband rang me from work asking if I've seen e-mails recently because I should.

So I had look and I couldn't believe it - our agent saying in e-mail that she uploaded PCCs afterall and our visa was granted at 8.20am our time.

And top it all up my birthday is tomorrow - the best ever birthday present. So we'll be celebrating in style tomorrow.

Meanwhile I'm just enjoying the feeling (mixed feelings of happiness, excitement but it's also a bit scary, now the "real" work starts...).

Thank you everybody for all your posts, it's been a great support reading your posts for many months now. Just don't stop!

x

Congratulations Go Celebrate!!:biggrin::laugh::cool::biglaugh:

Yes, very quiet today! Medicals still not finalised even though completed 24th April. Received by DIAC as confirmed by Spire but still no change on system and still no email from CO. Must be in the slowest Team!!!! Getting really twitchy now as jobs are cropping up and registration for professional body almost complete but still no Grant. Checking emails and status like a maniac!!! The doubts are starting to set in as my mind is working overtime!!

I know how you feel Angela, I forced myself to stop checking our online status after 12pm (european time) since I think DIAC's office doesn't work longer than 20 pm (Oz time) but I wake up at night so I can check it.. obsessed much?! =) nooooooooooo! :twitcy:

hang in there, good things come to those who wait! (But not too long, hopefully!)

Hang in there Angela. Wise words from someone whose had a grant for 1 day and has a terrible hangover. It is so worth the wait I feel like a 100 bircks have just fallen off my shoulders. You know your application is ok they just take time.:biggrin:

Hey Jambos, cold tomato juice helps.. :wink:

Please turn us PURPLE!!!

x

Here's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiig purple congratulations to you Yvonne!

congratulations_purple_glitter.gif

Please turn us PURPLE!!!

x

Congratulations! And happy birthday for tomorrow. Great birthday present.

Please turn us PURPLE!!!

x

Wonderful !!!!!:jiggy:

Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: you are now Purple. Good Luck!

Name: yvonne072

Destination: Brisbane or Sydney

Date of Visa application: 19/11/2011

Nationality: British

High / Low Risk: Low

Trade / Profession: Quantity Surveyor (my husband)

Visa Type: 175

Onshore / Offshore: Offshore

Processing Priority Group (Category): 4

Date Medicals submitted:

Date Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 16/04/2012

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: 03/05/2012

Please turn us PURPLE!!!

x

Is there a thread that deals with the 'big' check list of things that need to be done pre & post arrival. There must be so many generic tasks that everyone needs to do. It would be good not to re-invent this list if one already exists.:chatterbox:

Guest waitingtogotooz
Is there a thread that deals with the 'big' check list of things that need to be done pre & post arrival. There must be so many generic tasks that everyone needs to do. It would be good not to re-invent this list if one already exists.:chatterbox:

Hey Jambos

A

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you

You must be in a very strange place right now I know I was for a long time. I still can't believe we have our visas... Thank god we did it when we did before the July changes, I hear it's going to get pretty difficult for people.

Hey Jambos

A

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you

You must be in a very strange place right now I know I was for a long time. I still can't believe we have our visas... Thank god we did it when we did before the July changes, I hear it's going to get pretty difficult for people.

Its a great place after the long wait.:laugh: The waiting room is hell!! How are you guys doing? What are your plans??

Guest Claire101
So the good news is turn me PINK got a case officer. The bad news they've asked for my ex husband to fill an extra form in giving permission for our son to go. They've already got a stat dec just concerned that I'm not gonna be able to get this done. He lives in south Africa, have no address or contact details for him. He's obstructive at the best of times. What should have been a happy day is turning out to be not so happy.

:-( Jen x

Hi Jen

Congrats on the Case Officer, I hope you get the other paperwork sorted. We've sent off our police checks and had our medicals on Monday which was fun, not, far too much poking and prodding for my liking!

Claire. x

Guest waitingtogotooz
Its a great place after the long wait.:laugh: The waiting room is hell!! How are you guys doing? What are your plans??

We fly out in sept, residing at my parents whilst save.

Have you thought about what your doing yet?

We fly out in sept, residing at my parents whilst save.

Have you thought about what your doing yet?

We're heading out to Perth hopefully January 2013 in time for school year in Feb. Have loads to do first like everyone else. I have my sister and Dad in Perth and somewhere to stay so at least thats one less thing to sort out. Where abouts are you going?? Not long for you now very exciting:laugh:

Guest waitingtogotooz
We're heading out to Perth hopefully January 2013 in time for school year in Feb. Have loads to do first like everyone else. I have my sister and Dad in Perth and somewhere to stay so at least thats one less thing to sort out. Where abouts are you going?? Not long for you now very exciting:laugh:

Adelaide & can't wait, still feel like we have a long wait lol

Hi Jen

Congrats on the Case Officer, I hope you get the other paperwork sorted. We've sent off our police checks and had our medicals on Monday which was fun, not, far too much poking and prodding for my liking!

Claire. x

Hi Claire,

Our medicals are booked for Tuesday and hopefully gonna get our police checks in the post tomorrow. I've sent the 1229 form that needs completing to my ex husband in South Africa this morning......FedEx £63 :huh: robbing b*****ds, so we'll see if it comes back. My agent said that if my ex does play silly buggers then we need to show that we've done everything possible to get him to comply and complete the form, then at least we've got a case to present back to the case officer. It's just a headache I could do without, the stat dec that was sent with the application was very clear and concise about him giving permission for our son to emigrate but oh well. So just police checks for you now..........then the elusive grant, exciting!!!!:biggrin:

Jen x

Guest Jonc

Hi Guys.

My family and I arrived from England in Feb 2005 on a student visa, after completing my course (Advanced diploma in hospitality management) we applied for PM, a bridging visa was granted in 2008, after no news for 3 years we recieved an email to say we were now in Cat 4, this was very disapointing and had my wife and I talking about going back to the UK, THEN in Jan 2012 we were allocated a case officer and work evidence was requested (Group certs and pay slips) last week we recieved an email asking us to go for medicals and provide Police checks....this is the last hurdle (I hope!) we are almost there. Keep the faith people, we have been up and down so many times during this PR process. Good things come to good people, its a long road but well worth it in the end. GOOD LUCK!.

Guest ind175
Quick Question guys:

How do you know if/when your medicals have been finalized by DIAC? All my other documents still say required so i don't think the medicals on there will be changing either... or am i missing something?

Hi

In general, if you have applied online, your document checklist might not get updated. However, in my case, my spouse's and child's medicals got updated in the checklist (they were outside australia), whereas mine did not get updated (i was in australia)...

when i checked with DIAC, they said that if we do medicals in australia, DIAC has access to medibank servers and therefore CO will directly access the information...hence there is a good chance that the document checklist will not get updated until a CO gets assigned and he/ she looks into your medicals..

Hi

In general, if you have applied online, your document checklist might not get updated. However, in my case, my spouse's and child's medicals got updated in the checklist (they were outside australia), whereas mine did not get updated (i was in australia)...

when i checked with DIAC, they said that if we do medicals in australia, DIAC has access to medibank servers and therefore CO will directly access the information...hence there is a good chance that the document checklist will not get updated until a CO gets assigned and he/ she looks into your medicals..

Thanks for that. I hope my CO has looked at it cos Medibank sent it the same day he asked for it.

Doing the night shift tonight! Fell asleep putting kids to bed at 7pm and woke up at midnight so thought it good time to do some checking. Got that long awaited email from CO (team 2) and so far only requested to submit PCC which I did on 24th last month. Just sitting tight now as hoping for quick Grant! Will let you all know of progress....hopefully very soon!!

Morning guys!

ABPF for us today....... Eeeeeeek! Thought I'd check quick before work and I nearly missed it as I was reading the top line which still says commenced. Then I saw today's date and ABPF! Wow, I thought I'd be really nervous when we got it but I'm so so excited!! Must be all this rain......

We've got half term off beg of June so am going to book meds for then. I'll let you know when we get an email re CO.

Happy Friday, and May the 4th be with you!! Ha ha

Liz :wink: