New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: You are now Pink. Good Luck!

Name: thegibbos

Destination: Melbourne

Date of Visa application: 06/12/2011

Nationality: British

High / Low Risk: LR

Trade / Profession: Systems Analyst

Visa Type: 175

Onshore / Offshore: Offshore

Processing Priority Group (Category): 4

Date Medicals submitted:

Date Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 04/05/2012

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Morning guys!

ABPF for us today....... Eeeeeeek! Thought I'd check quick before work and I nearly missed it as I was reading the top line which still says commenced. Then I saw today's date and ABPF! Wow, I thought I'd be really nervous when we got it but I'm so so excited!! Must be all this rain......

We've got half term off beg of June so am going to book meds for then. I'll let you know when we get an email re CO.

Happy Friday, and May the 4th be with you!! Ha ha

Liz :wink:

Morning guys!

ABPF for us today....... Eeeeeeek! Thought I'd check quick before work and I nearly missed it as I was reading the top line which still says commenced. Then I saw today's date and ABPF! Wow, I thought I'd be really nervous when we got it but I'm so so excited!! Must be all this rain......

We've got half term off beg of June so am going to book meds for then. I'll let you know when we get an email re CO.

Happy Friday, and May the 4th be with you!! Ha ha

Liz :wink:

The 4th is strong with this one.:tongue:

Was a very long night!!! Email from case officer requesting PCC which I returned by stating already completed. Email then requesting document checklist which was returned as correct. Email then requesting PCC for when I lived in Ireland. Email back to state that did not live in Dublin for total of 12 months within 10 year period prior to application. No response as yet and guess what...time now 5.30pm on Friday afternoon Adelaide!!! Will be a very long weekend!!! Case officer did state that all other documents appear as met but still not showing on system. Did she not check dates on my application in relation to time scales living in Ireland...anyone else been requested PCC for country they did not live in for 12 months or more in 10 years previous to application? Now have to manage 9 hours in work in very little sleep and upset without clarification from CO. Anyway got my CV to sort out tonight and final documents for registration....can't wait!!!! We must all be totally mad putting ourselves through this torture?????

Was a very long night!!! Email from case officer requesting PCC which I returned by stating already completed. Email then requesting document checklist which was returned as correct. Email then requesting PCC for when I lived in Ireland. Email back to state that did not live in Dublin for total of 12 months within 10 year period prior to application. No response as yet and guess what...time now 5.30pm on Friday afternoon Adelaide!!! Will be a very long weekend!!! Case officer did state that all other documents appear as met but still not showing on system. Did she not check dates on my application in relation to time scales living in Ireland...anyone else been requested PCC for country they did not live in for 12 months or more in 10 years previous to application? Now have to manage 9 hours in work in very little sleep and upset without clarification from CO. Anyway got my CV to sort out tonight and final documents for registration....can't wait!!!! We must all be totally mad putting ourselves through this torture?????

Hi Angela what a night!! I can reassure you regarding documents not showing as met becuase none of ours ever were. As for the torture I am with you on that it was unbearable at the end but it makes it so much better when it happens. I bet Monday will be your day:biggrin:

Guest Jivesha
... and still no news for me... :em4600:

I was just about to ask you. Hang on there.

By the way, a Nov 22nd applicant received a direct grant.

Source: BEupdate

Guest Jivesha
Noooooooooo I really thought today would be your day

You might delight us with good news one of these days, Jit7. You too are one of the prospective applicants next in queue.:)

You might delight us with good news one of these days, Jit7. You too are one of the prospective applicants next in queue.:)

I hope so - staying optimistic

I keep looking at the list on the google doc and it's getting closer and closer to me. But don't want to get my hopes up too high in case I am waiting like Sol2Oz.

I'm on holiday until Wednesday so not sure if I can check my emails until I return. I hope that when I'm back, there will be lots of good news posts to read.

... and still no news for me... :em4600:

Hi Sol2Oz it just doesnt make sense. I'd really love to know how they work their way through things. The logical and fair way would be to do it in date order, but obviously that doesn't seem to be the case. I have case officer guilt every time I see your posts:embarrassed: Really hope its your turn next week, keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Take Care

Jen x

Guest guest67442

I hope so - staying optimistic I keep looking at the list on the google doc and it's getting closer and closer to me. But don't want to get my hopes up too high in case I am waiting like Sol2Oz.
Me too! Apart from poor Sol2Oz (god knows what's going on there), we're next on the list hopefully :-)Oh, and I realised that I've put slightly the wrong application date down. It was actually the 8th Dec we applied, not the 11th.SHandGH, if it's not too much trouble could you update our record please? Not that it makes too much difference :-) Edited by cabbie

sigh... feeling much better now, thanks to all. I realise at the moment it sucks to be me, but that's okay, I'll be patient and wait.

Anyway, I found this on abc.au - I thought this link may be of interest because it shows DIAC processing applications from HR countries and complaining about some of their frustrations.... well how about the frustration that some of us LR applicants have to go through?:biglaugh::

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-02/immigration-workers-reveal-widespread-visa-fraud/3985834

sol2oz, did you try to email them using the "contact the department" link when you lookup the status of your application?

They respond within 24 hours, they can tell you if your case have been assigned to a case officer.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

C'mon Bloomberg & Sol2oz....I do not think DIAC have a bank holiday this Monday. Everthing crossed for Monday!

If not Monday, definitely this week! But like you said, it's got to be monday, I believe in your mindreading, futureseeing super powers!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHR4f3Q2IlmQkdlGtQUPaqnipIsGT9CDyNRdIt1iqwgUnNYF2k

sol2oz, did you try to email them using the "contact the department" link when you lookup the status of your application?

They respond within 24 hours, they can tell you if your case have been assigned to a case officer.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

I would love to do that, but won't because their official date is 3 October. lol, they may come back and say, "Please refer to our allocation table. As you can clearly see, we have a month of applicants before yours is taken care of, please be patient"

Hi Guys....

Just wanted to add a glimmer of hope to all waiting this bank holiday weekend. As you know we have ABPF yesterday and apart from the obvious excitement yesterday, thought nothing of it when I got up with my children at 6.30am this morning!

However... when my OH surfaced at 9am and checked his emails - we had an email from our CO which was sent at 3.13am today - Team 2.

They have requested Meds and PCC and have requested we respond within 28 days. I have a question.... we are having the week off at the beg of June for half term and this is outside of 28 days. Does this mean we will have to bring our meds forward and does anyone know if they are open weekends?

Thanks all and have a great bank holiday weekend.

Liz :biggrin:

Hi Guys....

Just wanted to add a glimmer of hope to all waiting this bank holiday weekend. As you know we have ABPF yesterday and apart from the obvious excitement yesterday, thought nothing of it when I got up with my children at 6.30am this morning!

However... when my OH surfaced at 9am and checked his emails - we had an email from our CO which was sent at 3.13am today - Team 2.

They have requested Meds and PCC and have requested we respond within 28 days. I have a question.... we are having the week off at the beg of June for half term and this is outside of 28 days. Does this mean we will have to bring our meds forward and does anyone know if they are open weekends?

As far as I am aware you just have to arrange medicals. This is what our agent told us but may be worth just confirming with your CO. Good luck and congratulations!!:wink:

Hi Guys....

As far as I am aware you just have to arrange medicals. This is what our agent told us but may be worth just confirming with your CO. Good luck and congratulations!!:wink:

Great that the DIAC are operating on a Saturday even though it might be an automated e-mail. Who cares movement is movement. Nice one.

Yep Jambos is right, just book the meds next week for a time that suits you in the near future and then e-mail your CO with the booking date to keep them informed; that will be fine I'm sure.