New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Hi siddysweet, would you like your details to be added to the first page and spreadsheet? If so please complete below.

Name: siddysweet

Destination:Sydney (Already in Sydney on 457)

Date of Visa application:14/12/11

Nationality:Indian

High / Low Risk:HR

Trade / Profession:Chemical Engineer

Visa Type:175(Online)

Onshore / Offshore:Offshore

Processing Priority Group (Category):4

Date Medicals submitted:06/02/12

Date Police check submitted:04/05/12

Date CO assigned: Hopefully Soon

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Thanks SHandGH for updating our details :)

Hey Guess what everyone!!

I am finally a big fat PINK!!!

CO contacted me, albeit at 2:45am (not at 1:11am as was preferred LOL) requesting only medicals. When I got to work, I checked to see what is met and what's not, and everything has been changed to "MET" except the medicals!!! wooo hooooooo!!!! :laugh:

Edited by Sol2Oz

Guest sridharv1

CO contacted me, albeit at 2:45am (not at 1:11am as was preferred LOL) requesting only medicals. When I got to work, I checked to see what is met and what's not, and everything has been changed to "MET" except the medicals!!! wooo hooooooo!!!! :laugh:

Amazing news!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have been following your story for sometime. Very happy for you on getting a CO FINALLY! Wish you a speedy grant. Who knows it may come at 1.11am. Good Luck.

Finally mate, congrats! Wish you a quick grant!! :wubclub:

Guest Jivesha

Congratulations Sol2Oz. So happy for you. Every time I log into this forum I keep looking for a happy word from you. Today's the day. Cheers!

Hi and welcome to the thread. Your details have been added to the first page and spreadsheet. Good Luck!

Name: siddysweet

Destination: Sydney (Already in Sydney on 457)

Date of Visa application: 14/12/2011

Nationality: Indian

High / Low Risk: HR

Trade / Profession: Chemical Engineer

Visa Type: 175(Online)

Onshore / Offshore: Offshore

Processing Priority Group (Category): 4

Date Medicals submitted: 06/02/2012

Date Police check submitted: 04/05/2012

Date CO assigned: Hopefully Soon

Date visa granted:

Thanks SHandGH for updating our details :)

Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: You are now Pink. Good Luck!

Name: Sol2Oz

Destination:

Date of Visa application: 11/11/2011

Nationality:

High / Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: ICT BA

Visa Type: 175 Online

Date Medicals submitted:

Date Police check submitted: 18/04/2012

Date CO assigned: 07/05/2012

Date visa granted:

After a year IELTS testing, document collection, waiting on skills assessment, waiting for various state migration plans to come out, worrying about possible changes to the law, and then finally applying as a Type 175 and then waiting almost another year for a CO, then for medicals, PCCs, and so on to get to DIAC... We got it!

Visa Grant 7 May with entry by February 2013!

We're looking at moving in August. Now the easy part begins: like making a final decision between Melbourne and the Gold Coast; getting our passport evidenced; arranging short term accomodation; arranging flights; setting up and Australian bank account, sending money over to Oz; selling/settling assets and business in the US; getting my US house rented out (can't sell it in this market except at a huge loss); finding a job in Oz; and a hundred other things.

Still, a great day!!!! Thanks to everyone on this thread for keeping me sane during the long months of waiting. I hope everyone who still needs a grant/CO gets them soon.

CONGRATS HMSMARK, GOOD LUCK IN YOUR NEW OZZIE LIFE!!

9k=

After a year IELTS testing, document collection, waiting on skills assessment, waiting for various state migration plans to come out, worrying about possible changes to the law, and then finally applying as a Type 175 and then waiting almost another year for a CO, then for medicals, PCCs, and so on to get to DIAC... We got it!

We're looking at moving in August. Now the easy part begins: like making a final decision between Melbourne and the Gold Coast; getting our passport evidenced; arranging short term accomodation; arranging flights; setting up and Australian bank account, sending money over to Oz; selling/settling assets and business in the US; getting my US house rented out (can't sell it in this market except at a huge loss); finding a job in Oz; and a hundred other things.

Still, a great day!!!! Thanks to everyone on this thread for keeping me sane during the long months of waiting. I hope everyone who still needs a grant/CO gets them soon.

Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: You are now Purple. Good Luck!

Name: hmsmark

Destination: Melbourne / Gold Coast

Date of Visa application: 13/07/2011

Nationality: United States

High / Low Risk: Low

Trade / Profession: Secondary School Teacher

Visa Type: 175

Date Medicals submitted: 28/04/2012

Date Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 29/03/2012

Date of employment verification (If applicable): Not Yet

Date visa granted: 07/05/2012

Oh thank god for that.........massive congratulations:biggrin:

Jen

X

Guest guest67442

Amazing! That's the 2nd best news I've heard all day :biggrin:

Edited by cabbie

Hi all

Logging on to check whilst on holiday - sad i kmow. Hubby thinks i'm mad.

Big congrats Sol2oz - you are finally pink. I actually did a little 'yay' here in my hotel room when i read your post. You must be so relieved to have contact from the co. YAY

Congrats to oppyddrum and hmsmark too

Great start to the week

Thanks to all for your kindness!

What does it mean when your status changes to "Met"? Is it a decent enough reason to get your hopes up high at least for the moment?

Everything for me shows "met" except for the medicals. Can I safely assume that if I don't have a medical problem (gosh I hope not), that everything will be fine?

and... what do they do in the medicals - do they puncture you with many needles?

Thanks to all for your kindness!

What does it mean when your status changes to "Met"? Is it a decent enough reason to get your hopes up high at least for the moment?

Everything for me shows "met" except for the medicals. Can I safely assume that if I don't have a medical problem (gosh I hope not), that everything will be fine?

and... what do they do in the medicals - do they puncture you with many needles?

just one needle sol2z and thats for hiv test. Drink plenty of water as you need to pee for urinalysis. If you wear eye glasses or contact lenses, bring them. Or previous medical records if you've had surgery.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Quick question - assuming all ok with medicals, how long does it take for the status of your medicals to change to finalised? We had ours a week ago and my daughter's changed to finalised the next day but mine, my wife's and my son's still just say received...

Thanks in advance peeps!

Congratulations what a relief!!! So pleased for you :laugh:

Congratulations!!:laugh:

Quick question - assuming all ok with medicals, how long does it take for the status of your medicals to change to finalised? We had ours a week ago and my daughter's changed to finalised the next day but mine, my wife's and my son's still just say received...

Thanks in advance peeps!

Our medicals were completed on 24th of this month and the boys were finalised the next day. My husbands and mine are still in further medical results received. We have had email contact from our CO regarding another request for additional information not related to medicals. She has confirmed that all information received has been met including medicals but nothing has changed on our online status (still stating required for all documents). Many people are stating that this may never change prior to grant. Appears to be preference of CO. If you contact institution where medicals were completed they can confirm when they were received at other end. Hope this all makes sense!

Our medicals were completed on 24th of this month and the boys were finalised the next day. My husbands and mine are still in further medical results received. We have had email contact from our CO regarding another request for additional information not related to medicals. She has confirmed that all information received has been met including medicals but nothing has changed on our online status (still stating required for all documents). Many people are stating that this may never change prior to grant. Appears to be preference of CO. If you contact institution where medicals were completed they can confirm when they were received at other end. Hope this all makes sense!

Thank you. That's a great help. My daughter was the only one of us who didn't have to have a chest x ray so I assume that's why hers were finalised so quickly. Anyway that's good to know, I guess now I just have to wait....

Huge congrats to Sol2Oz! was so happy to hear that your Co finally contacted you! and about your documents showing as "MET", mine still say "required" so i think if the CO doesnt say anything, you are all good.

Hope you get that grant soon!

by the way, is there anybody here who has gone through the "pre-grant process" lately? i need some clarification on how that works... just so i am clear.

My goodness, how long will DIAC in Sydney sit with my medicals before they OK them??? Or at least acknowledge receipt??? Getting a little bit tired of waiting.

If your medicals were sent to Global Health in Sydney via Courier or Post, then the Panel Doctor should almost certainly have a tracking number that you could check to verify that the medicals physically got there. Beyond that, having been in the same boat as you, I have found that they take an average of 10-14 working days to finalize medicals that do not require a referral.

If your doctor was able to upload them electronically, they should only take a few days to be in the system.