New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

TBH I can't remember when it was taken off the list. I used to be on PIO daily in 2009 but everything changed for us overnight on 23 September 2009 when DIAC, out of the blue, announced that our visa (and loads of others) that hadn't been finalised at that point were unlikely to be processed before the end of 2012. We were absolutely gutted at the time, had our medicals booked for the following week so cancelled them. We even had flights booked for the following February as my OH was leaving the RAF so we planned to move out then. It was a gamble then, but the flights only cost the price of a normal single, so we thought it would be worth it. Since then we've moved to a different County, bought a house, kids are now both in High School & we've started to settle.........til DIAC suddenly got in touch again last week!!

TBH I can't remember when it was taken off the list. I used to be on PIO daily in 2009 but everything changed for us overnight on 23 September 2009 when DIAC, out of the blue, announced that our visa (and loads of others) that hadn't been finalised at that point were unlikely to be processed before the end of 2012. We were absolutely gutted at the time, had our medicals booked for the following week so cancelled them. We even had flights booked for the following February as my OH was leaving the RAF so we planned to move out then. It was a gamble then, but the flights only cost the price of a normal single, so we thought it would be worth it. Since then we've moved to a different County, bought a house, kids are now both in High School & we've started to settle.........til DIAC suddenly got in touch again last week!!

Have you booked your meds?

Not yet but spoken to Maidenhead, we've decided we'll go there. Kids just got their timetables today after going back to school so I'll prob give them a ring tomorrow to book them (couldnt really take them straight back out of school after just going back).

Will be sending our Police checks off early next week (have had to send them in the post to someone to countersign as we don't know anyone here thats able to countersign them & known us for 2yrs!). Will let you know once I book them. x

i asked my agent to send PLE on behalf of me. They have sent the PLE and have received reply from DIAC. but that reply didn't answer to my question. DIAC have sent only few links to their web site.

why didn't they mention even any expecting date of allocating co for my application?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

So taken off July 2010 and put back on July 2011?

Guys

Just wanted to say how cool it is to read this thread every day and to see peoples updates and to hear of people getting case officers, to know that we are all in the same boat is like we all have a bond :)

It's really exciting and I cant wait to one day write on here that I have a CO xxx

That was a horrible day when they split the SOL into 4 it took a few hours to work it out and when we did you can imagine how disappointing it was:sad: its like the Hair and the Tortoise, the Hair keeps passing you but eventually the Tortoise catches up :jiggy:

I so remember this it was like we were never gone of get the visa but here we are. :biggrin:

Guys,

I'm sure this has been done somewhere else already but I have put the following spreadsheet together:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqEBgay7xfFvdEpQS2NMbTItV1o5bTctcE4wa1pVWHc&hl=en_GB

Its shows the movement by DIAC for Cat 4's since they started using the weblink instead of the gsm email.

Todays update shows some real promise that they might reached the fabled target of allocating most Cat 4's by the end of the year.....heres hoping anyway.

OMG I received an email this morning from a job I saw on seek, as it was direct through the company I did not apply for the position but sent a letter of interest. This is the response I have received back this morning.:shocked:

Hello Anne,

thank you for you resume and email.

We were very impressed with your experience and would be more than happy to have you along for an interview once you have settled here in Australia.

We are on the Gold Coast in Queensland.

We have decided to go with an agency engineer until early next year, so will re open our full time position then. This may work in well with your situation.

Here is a more detailed look at the position.

So guys keep looking on seek and even though we don’t have the golden ticket yet there is no reason why we can’t send C.V’s out this letter has just blown me away I am gonna try and keep in touch with the company over the next few months and then if anything goes west with the visa process (i love U Diac) we might just be able to gain sponsorship. :jiggy::jiggy::hug::hug::notworthy:

OMG I received an email this morning from a job I saw on seek, as it was direct through the company I did not apply for the position but sent a letter of interest. This is the response I have received back this morning.:shocked:

Hello Anne,

We were very impressed with your experience and would be more than happy to have you along for an interview once you have settled here in Australia.

We have decided to go with an agency engineer until early next year, so will re open our full time position then. This may work in well with your situation.

So guys keep looking on seek and even though we don’t have the golden ticket yet there is no reason why we can’t send C.V’s out this letter has just blown me away I am gonna try and keep in touch with the company over the next few months and then if anything goes west with the visa process (i love U Diac) we might just be able to gain sponsorship. :jiggy::jiggy::hug::hug::notworthy:

wow, that's great! Very happy for you :biggrin:

Guest waitingtogotooz

Hello Anne,

Cool. :hug:

Wow! They have officially allocated CO'S up to 1 December 2010!!!

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

YES!!!! This is the kind of news we were hoping for :biggrin: :biggrin: :jiggy:

2 months in 2 weeks, that's more like it!

Good start of the weekend :twitcy:

Let's hope the oldcat4-ers will be processed at least as quickly, but yes, I do hope it will be our turn in a few weeks :hug:

Guest Vzdrul Sharikoff

That’s perfect to see on DIAC’s web-site such a stunning date as the 1st of December 2010. I wish they didn’t stop and continued with the same speed. I hope no one will mind here.)))

On another forum one applicant was granted today. Lodged at the end of September-10.

That’s perfect to see on DIAC’s web-site such a stunning date as the 1st of December 2010. I wish they didn’t stop and continued with the same speed. I hope no one will mind here.)))

On another forum one applicant was granted today. Lodged at the end of September-10.

Yeah things are really moving and no we don't mind as we all search other forums for info.

Thanks Tania

Name:TANIAHOLMES

Date of Visa application: 04.11.08

Trade/profession: FITTER

Visa type: 175/176

State: QLD

Pre-23rd Sept 2009 Category (If applicable):

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 5

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted: yes

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 09/09/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Additional Info (IF applicable): From 1st July 2011 my OH occupation will be put back on the SOL

I have turned myself pink

OMG OMG OMG

I cant stop shaking we have a CO :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:and I am at work but really shocked excited and all the rest I haven't been able to tell my husband as he is at work, we have been asigned team 4:biglaugh::wacko::biglaugh:

Tania

Wow Tania, I am so very pleased for you, you really deserve a bit of luck!!

Tracy

Hello Anne,

That's really good news, you have done well to get to this stage!!

Tracy

OMG OMG OMG

I cant stop shaking we have a CO :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:and I am at work but really shocked excited and all the rest I haven't been able to tell my husband as he is at work, we have been asigned team 4:biglaugh::wacko::biglaugh:

Tania

Wow!!!!!!!!!! Congrats.....

OMG OMG OMG

Tania

Congratulations on going pink

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: