New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

holly crap i didnt update my new job place...i applied TR on 2008 july...then i quit my job on april on 2010.... i had 22 months experience from dat field...then i had same job at different place from sept 2010 to jan 2013...but when i applied to 885 on december 2011... i submit work experience from old work place...and when i applied 885 on december 2011 i did not update new job place which was i started sept 2011...my agent told me u dont need to show it,...now the problem is dat shop is closed.... now am wrking at security industry from march...do u think it will hamper my application..? plz anyone have any expecince like me plz share or gimme some idea what should i do?

Just make sure you complete form 1022. Your info has to be current with the department at all times. They can deny you your visa if info from your first application has changed and you have not notified them of the changes!

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all,

Do you guys have any idea how long you have to wait for decision after all documents submited to case officer .. Please share..

Thanks

hey babu ,

brother which team you got co allocation , do u have to submit any document .. my friend was team 32 , he got it after 2 weeks . i told him to mail co after 10 days . he did sent a email . next day he got approved bro..

holly crap i didnt update my new job place...i applied TR on 2008 july...then i quit my job on april on 2010.... i had 22 months experience from dat field...then i had same job at different place from sept 2010 to jan 2013...but when i applied to 885 on december 2011... i submit work experience from old work place...and when i applied 885 on december 2011 i did not update new job place which was i started sept 2011...my agent told me u dont need to show it,...now the problem is dat shop is closed.... now am wrking at security industry from march...do u think it will hamper my application..? plz anyone have any expecince like me plz share or gimme some idea what should i do?

bro no worries , u ll be fine .

Yes, I hope that, too. You may be right about the processing stop of 175s in January, however, there is no such thing as a clear indication with this department, only trends at best. If you have a look at the list of 175 forumers again that kimmo88 has kindly compiled, you will see that there are two applicants in this forum alone who applied after us and got their PR before us (one of them in May 2013). Whether this was due to circumstances, more thorough preparation, luck, etc. I have no idea. The way they pick applications seems a bit random from the outside.

I wonder how is the status of parissa and singhb who have CO assigned earlier this year or late last year. They are in my 175 G5 forum list with CO allocated.

Hi Kaiser99,

All you need to do is to make sure that you provide up to date and correct information at the time of lodgement. After that you are not required to update any information as you will be asked to fill form 80 when your application will be allocated to the case officer. If you meet the requirements of the visa on the date of lodgement, it doesn't make any difference which industry you are working when the decision is made on your application.

Regards

Just make sure you complete form 1022. Your info has to be current with the department at all times. They can deny you your visa if info from your first application has changed and you have not notified them of the changes!

Hi southafrican,

The statement you made is completely incorrect. Information provided at the lodgment only needs to be current and current and accurate. As DIAC takes a long time to process applications, it makes the process even slower if they keep on updating individuals information. form 80 covers all these aspects.

regards

Hi all,

Do you guys have any idea how long you have to wait for decision after all documents submited to case officer .. Please share..

Thanks

Hi Babu,

It depends on the case officer as there is no time guidelines for making a decision. It could take minutes, day or a week or sometimes a month. At the end of the day it entirely depends on the case officer.

Regards

It's good to hear that there seems to be some movement in Cat 5 recently. My wife applied in June 2009 (175) and she also received the email last week about getting a case officer within 12 month.

A question regarding the police checks. We have been living in Australia since the application when we submitted police checks from our home country. Does anyone know if we need to supply new police checks from the home country even though we haven't lived there since we provided it in 2009 (but obviously visited it a couple of times).

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Hi southafrican,

The statement you made is completely incorrect. Information provided at the lodgment only needs to be current and current and accurate. As DIAC takes a long time to process applications, it makes the process even slower if they keep on updating individuals information. form 80 covers all these aspects.

regards

Hi

My statement is based on the following information. Just check the immi site. They state clearly that if ANY of the information you have put onto your application form is not true or has changed that you should use the relevant forms provided to update the information. See info below....it is from the front page of form 1022...link here http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1022.pdf

I could be wrong, but if this is what they say on their website, then this is what I will do. Better safe that sorry

Important – Please read this information carefully before you complete this form. Once you have completed this form we strongly advise that you keep a copy for your records.

Section 104 of the Migration Act 1958 (the Act) requires you to

inform the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (the

department) of any changes in your circumstances that affect

any answer to a question in your application form.

You do nothave to notify the department of any changes in

your circumstances that occurred:

• after you were granted your visa (if you applied for your visa

in Australia); or

• after you have been immigration cleared (if you applied for

your visa outside Australia).

Use this form to notify the department of any

changes in your circumstances that affect any answers on your application

form. You should use form 1023

Notification of incorrect

answer(s)

if you wish to notify the department that you have

supplied it with any incorrect information

You must answer all questions on this form.

WARNING

:

• If you do not comply with section 104 of the Act and notify

the department of your new circumstances, your visa is liable

to be cancelled under the Migration Act 1958

• If you have been granted a visa, the information you provide

on this form will be taken into account in deciding whether

the visa should be cancelled.

• If you are an applicant for a visa which has not yet been

granted, the information you provide on this form will be

taken into account when assessing your visa application

Hi Kaiser99,

All you need to do is to make sure that you provide up to date and correct information at the time of lodgement. After that you are not required to update any information as you will be asked to fill form 80 when your application will be allocated to the case officer. If you meet the requirements of the visa on the date of lodgement, it doesn't make any difference which industry you are working when the decision is made on your application.

Regards

thanks mate...i lost my hope...coz lost of appllicant are still waiting...doesnt look like they will be soften our application..its getting harded every day.. i dont see any member are saying from 885 they got approval...coz still people are waiting from june 2010....

hey babu ,

brother which team you got co allocation , do u have to submit any document .. my friend was team 32 , he got it after 2 weeks . i told him to mail co after 10 days . he did sent a email . next day he got approved bro..

Hi Miltan001,

I got team 8.I have to re submitted form 80,Afp,Overseas police check,and evidence of 12 months employment with supporting documents to verify and Medical .Thats it mate.

Thanks,

Best Of luck to all of US ..

Hi Babu,

It depends on the case officer as there is no time guidelines for making a decision. It could take minutes, day or a week or sometimes a month. At the end of the day it entirely depends on the case officer.

Regards

Thanks mate..

Hi Everbody,

I have done my Medical back in june 2013 but my case offficer asked for medical.why is that??Can't they pull out my medical online.And medibank sent me the original envelope in my home address too.But I have sent my Reference number(from medibank receipt) to my case officer.Does it work or I have to sent the original envelope to case officer.

Please reply.

Thanks

hi all,

any new news about subclass 475 "FS" of cat. 5!!!!!

I have been waiting for more than 5 years and when I applied it was stated that our applications are going to be processed between 12-18 months!

my also said 6 - 18mth, but it has been 36 mth already :(

Archived