New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

i have read in another forum that some of the 489 fs received the same email you are reffering to, they were upset and even questioned the current system of skillselect why do they have to send invitation to apply if they don't have places left. But after 2 to 3 weeks after receiving the emails, they had direct grant of their visas. I know it's not comparable, we are g5 and they are in priority but i still hope that same case will happen to you that one of these days you will receive your visa...

Thanks Sophie, I really hope so. I was physically sick for a few days after the news, my daughter was also really happy when we got a case officer as she wants to go to university next year and when we got the bad news it came at such a blow, we just can't afford uni fees, her school fees have been killing us the past 5 years paying thousands and also full fee day care fees for our baby so we can keep working. It's just not fair how us and others are treated :(

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Gagan,

Thanks for the information, I assume 886fs will be done by end of 2014 as you only mentioned about 175 and 176 to be done by this financial year.

Gagan just a geberal quetion is 886 the least priority among cat 5?

Cheers

Thanks Sophie, I really hope so. I was physically sick for a few days after the news, my daughter was also really happy when we got a case officer as she wants to go to university next year and when we got the bad news it came at such a blow, we just can't afford uni fees, her school fees have been killing us the past 5 years paying thousands and also full fee day care fees for our baby so we can keep working. It's just not fair how us and others are treated :(

did you try calling them to follow-up? It is because I read in fb grp5 page that one 886fs (applied 10/27/2009) rang his CO last sep26, and he received the visa the same day. That is why his advice was to call especially if you are onshore when it is more easy to contact them.

did you try calling them to follow-up? It is because I read in fb grp5 page that one 886fs (applied 10/27/2009) rang his CO last sep26, and he received the visa the same day. That is why his advice was to call especially if you are onshore when it is more easy to contact them.

My agent had sent 3 emails to the case officer over the past couple of months and only on the third we got the reply about the delays in processing. I had called immigration many times and they just say its up to the case officer as when they process applications. We just seemed to get know where, and when I sent a compliant to immigration they did not reply either. We just don't have a leg to stand on. Well the end of the day we are just a number to them.

My agent had sent 3 emails to the case officer over the past couple of months and only on the third we got the reply about the delays in processing. I had called immigration many times and they just say its up to the case officer as when they process applications. We just seemed to get know where, and when I sent a compliant to immigration they did not reply either. We just don't have a leg to stand on. Well the end of the day we are just a number to them.

Don't worry you will receive your visa one of these days. And we offshore are all hoping for co allocation and visa in the next few months. Cheers! :biggrin:

Hi southafrican,

You can refer to this list that I have compiled for most forumers that are under 175 Priority 5:

'175 G5' forumer list: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migrat...post1936056060

Thanx...had a look again

See that "constant traveler" and you are two active members I see often on the forum.,,,and lodged before me. So I will keep an eye on your applications!

@ Constant traveler....the fact that you applied in July 2008 and the fact that I know of someone that applied June 2008 and got their visa Jan this year is a clear indication that they have not touched the 175 group since Jan this year!!!! I just hope that when they do start the allocations that they do it with a bang!

The various versions of the Federal Government Immigration Department since the end of World War II.

DI – Department of Immigration (1945 – 1974)

DLI – Department of Labour and Immigration (1974 – 1975)

DIEA – Department of Immigration and Ethnic Affairs (1976 – 1987)

DILGEA – Department of Immigration, Local Government and Ethnic Affairs (1987 – 1993)

DIEA – Department of Immigration and Ethnic Affairs (1993 – 1996)

DIMA – Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs (1996 – 2001)

DIMIA – Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs (2001 – 2006)

DIMA – Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs (2006 – 2007)

DIAC – Department of Immigration and Citizenship (2007 – 2013)

DIBP – Department of Immigration and Border Protection (2013 – current)

:confused:what next I think DIPGF - Department of Immigration and Priority Group Five :biglaugh:

frinds i need some information... i applied 885 on december 2011..from 2012 to until now i travel bangladesh 3 times.. today my agent send me email which originally send by IMMI...says i have to do medical exam and PCC...now i need to know PCC from aus only or from bangladesh as well.. also form 80... and do u guys have any idea when will be case office will be ready for 2011 december applicants.

Application approved today.

congratulations....altlast wait is over.

your approval also gave me hope.

when did you submit your form 80? did your co ask to redo medical and pcc after 12 months or they got extended by your co?

thanks

I read on the immi site somewhere that you need to do pcc for all countries that you lived in for a total of 12 months in the last 10 years. I spent some time in the uk on and off over last 10 years but it amounted to a total of 10 months so no need for pcc from the uk.

Anyone knows if this has changed?

I would also like to know who changed jobs after lodgement? I also resigned and started my own business that has nothing to do with my old job

Hi Gagan,

Thanks for the information, I assume 886fs will be done by end of 2014 as you only mentioned about 175 and 176 to be done by this financial year.

Gagan just a geberal quetion is 886 the least priority among cat 5?

Cheers

Yes Gagan,

Is there any chance for 487/886 to be cleared by end of this financila year?

Hi South African

I also changed jobs, twice since I applied, but still in the same field and a closely related one in the media industry. I am also self employed now as a freelancer working for various publications and clients. According to what I remember the criteria when we applied was three out of the past four years before date of application had to be in the nominated profession or a closely related one. Surely, this should remain the same since we can't be expected to keep our lives on hold indefinitely while waiting for the visa. The thought did cross my mind to sit tight in my job which I resigned from earlier this year just for the sake of the visa application but then decided that I had to take advantage of the new opportunity that had presented itself. My agents don't seem to think it is a problem. I have just had to complete form 1022 to keep the department up to speed with the changes in circumstances as one would with other detail changes such as passport renewals.

Thanx...had a look again

See that "constant traveler" and you are two active members I see often on the forum.,,,and lodged before me. So I will keep an eye on your applications!

@ Constant traveler....the fact that you applied in July 2008 and the fact that I know of someone that applied June 2008 and got their visa Jan this year is a clear indication that they have not touched the 175 group since Jan this year!!!! I just hope that when they do start the allocations that they do it with a bang!

Yes, I hope that, too. You may be right about the processing stop of 175s in January, however, there is no such thing as a clear indication with this department, only trends at best. If you have a look at the list of 175 forumers again that kimmo88 has kindly compiled, you will see that there are two applicants in this forum alone who applied after us and got their PR before us (one of them in May 2013). Whether this was due to circumstances, more thorough preparation, luck, etc. I have no idea. The way they pick applications seems a bit random from the outside.

holly crap i didnt update my new job place...i applied TR on 2008 july...then i quit my job on april on 2010.... i had 22 months experience from dat field...then i had same job at different place from sept 2010 to jan 2013...but when i applied to 885 on december 2011... i submit work experience from old work place...and when i applied 885 on december 2011 i did not update new job place which was i started sept 2011...my agent told me u dont need to show it,...now the problem is dat shop is closed.... now am wrking at security industry from march...do u think it will hamper my application..? plz anyone have any expecince like me plz share or gimme some idea what should i do?

Archived