New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Guest sumanm
Hi lala82..whats ur subclass and date of lodgement ??

ricky when do u think u will get co.when ur lodgement date?

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Subclass 885

Lodged 15/7/2009

Course Community Welfare

On basis of Ielts

No CO:arghh:

haha what are you crying so loud about....885s are still being progressed. You should get a CO by nextn30 days(my Guarantee)...I am the one to suffer..886 Dec 09 family sponsored

ricky when do u think u will get co.when ur lodgement date?

I wish I could answer that Suman. I wish I could find out how many onshore Grp 5 family sponsored visas were lodged in Australia from Jan 09 till Dec 09.

By start of August we should have a clear picture of whats gonna happen with FS applicants.

haha what are you crying so loud about....885s are still being progressed. You should get a CO by nextn30 days(my Guarantee)...I am the one to suffer..886 Dec 09 family sponsored

I doubt that buddy as they have said they will process the ones in above priroity first before picking up on any P5 and as i said this cycle will again began next year when they have to fill out positions meaning meds and everything all over again

Quick question Mr Bajwa, as per allocation table 496 hasn't started then how come you got it..just curious

My file was allocated to the case officer way back in 2008 and in 2009. So I had uploaded medical twice. Job verification was done in 2009 so may they were considering my application according to the old quota of applications. But guys I wish all of you good luck here. I know its hard time of waiting. But your time will come one day.

hallo gud ppl from cat 5 (886,176,487 family sponcer)

would like to add that there is not only family sponcered applicat in total no 4200 but also offlist state sponcered applicants as well(don't forget ppl who got form 1100 issue).

they are itself around 3000 to 10000.

can't sware here ...bloody hopless

forget abt fare go ...don't have enf words to describe this ....

I know most of us are not happy with a dramatic update of allocation table today.Everyone of us has different assumption about it.I have been told by a trustworthy resource that there wasn't been much happening in the processing department of immigration because of new financial year.As from now we are in new financial year and we have seen changes as well.Wait till next update which will be most probably by the mid of this month.We will see quick allocation of Category 5 ,885.With offshore Family Sposored there will still be fair bit of waiting period but it will not be the end.They might start processing offshore by November this year.Just do what you have to do meanwhile.Dont be disappointed as its just the fourth day of financial year.We have seen Cat 5 moving from 26th June to 29th June because they have started new quota...they started allocating CO from Monday 02nd June and that's why it only moved three days further.Most probably next update will be interesting ,No guarantee but hope for best.

Not sure about our off-list nominations but previous applicants with off-list nomination were under priority group 3.

would like to add that there is not only family sponcered applicat in total no 4200 but also offlist state sponcered applicants as well(don't forget ppl who got form 1100 issue).

Guest akerai

Wow limited places for family sponsored??? thanks alot immigration? Usual july with new methods to make people suffer.

Its like going to a supermarket when you are in a queue, just as you are about to get served the checkout is closed and you join another longer queue. thanks

Thank you for your analysis. But i have a question here. In this financial year, there may be a lot of EOI applications since the passmark for EOI has been lowered to 60. And the priority says, G5 could only be processed once all G1-G4 are processed. I am a 175 skill independent applicant applied in March 2008. Have waited for more than 4 years. Sigh~~

Look forward to your reply.

Hey Michelle2014,

Yes they may be a lot of EOI applications but please remember that family sponsored applications are no longer being accepted for permanent residency i.e. these EOIs have to be independent, state sponsored or employer sponsored.

We no longer have Priority 1 and Priority 2 (they are missing from the table because everyone prior to SkillSelect has been allocated a case officer and the visa subclass does not exist any more.

I think once the pre SkillSelect backlog of Priority 3 and 4 applicants are finished they will start with offshore P5. This may happen in a few months time.

Hope this helps.

PS For those who do not know this, if you are on a Bridging Visa A, B or C (not 100% sure which ones), you can submit an EOI. If invited you can lodge onshore. Previously you could only apply offshore if you wanted to lodge another application while waiting for the outcome of an onshore application. :biggrin:

you are right, but at this point in time, ie, July 2012, i really can't imagine myself still being in the same position on 1st July 2013, waiting for next year's FS quota to get me a place and reading the stupid line "Allocation not commenced*"!

Poor VB waited for 5 years, but (even though it is the probably the only thing one can do, maybe except filing an EOI and looking for a state sponcership which could be faster) putting life on hold for so long, putting off everyday small things like buying new things cos we may not use it for too long, is really hard. This is torture.........

Hi Arshad,

It's been a very frustrating process. Yes it is torture.

I have always said on this forum that DIMIA could have made changes and not applied them retrospectively. The outcome would have been fairer to everyone involved. They should have known that by making it harder for new applicants, there would be fewer applications received.

Who knows where 4200 places will take us. They had less than that last year and they were able to process most of P4 onshore cases (backlog of 6 months currently) and up to Dec 2008 P5 onshore cases.

By the way things are going they will have more places for state sponsored than applicants received. I looked at the updated QLD state nomination list and it is absolute joke what occupations they accept. They will not be able to fill their quotas with those occupations only.

Hope this helps you a bit mate!

Cheers

Hi there...i beg to differ..offlist nominations are under SMP quota.Family sponsored quota is strictly for people only sponsored by family

Anyways there will still be people applying under new subclass 489 under family sponsored. 4,100 places will fill up within 2-3 months max as offshore applications usually have min 2 people per applications (plus children). So effectively 1,000-1,500 applications could easily fill this quota of 4,200......With 6 months worth pending FS Group 4 applications anyways I see this quota being filled up asap.

Hopeless..hopeless..hopeless....What a joke..its high time now and DIAC need some treatment.

i dont know how to react

i'm just tired i guess

because of this bullsh*t changes, my engagement was called off because the amount of stress from me and my fiancee is too much, so we call everything off already

while me and some other onshore FS 886 cat5 is paying taxes, the government is busy playing the white knight for asylum seekers, and keep denying me and my fellows PR application, hell...not even a CO is allocated yet

anyone know a voodoo doctor?

i'm very close to casting curse to chris bowen right now

not a deadly one...just maybe diahreea and constipation for 3 year should suffice, because thats the amount of time pain and suffering me and my fellows in because of him

This is extremely disappointing news for FS, I am also frustrated, But lets not lose hope guys, no one ever expected SS P5 to be processed so fast from April onwards, there can be some miracle happening soon. Lets just keep praying and hoping. Things might turn around soon.

Archived