New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well he said they are checks we have to do , didn't tell me how much time it would take but he told me to get the meds and clearances done ,he also said that because its end of financial year most of the CO are busy and they might contact you after that but he clearly said cause you are from HR country (Pak) sometimes in takes one year for clearance to come so cant give me a specific date but told that CO was allotted in May

Well he said they are checks we have to do , didn't tell me how much time it would take but he told me to get the meds and clearances done ,he also said that because its end of financial year most of the CO are busy and they might contact you after that but he clearly said cause you are from HR country (Pak) sometimes in takes one year for clearance to come so cant give me a specific date but told that CO was allotted in May

thx lala82 i m from india. i dont know what security checks we already doing police clestances i dont know?.its very frustating

Guest gurbrinder
Hi there..u mind if i ask you what country you from..I know its HR but shouldn't take this long hold of 13 odd weeks

I m from India mate. Plz suggest what I have to say them as m planing to call immi tomorrow .

Guest Chirag RN
i got AFP back today. applied on 6/6/12

Thank you Jackie and KK. I applied on 12/06/12. So I am expecting it early next week. Inshallah!

I'm a network engineer, I applied for GSM 175 visa on July 2009.I was assessed as "Network Engineer" (ASCO code 2231-79).

I'm now in category 5 queue but after the new SOL was issued I noticed they added my profession "Computer Network and Systems Engineer" (ANZSCO code 263111).The question is will DIAC automatically move me to category 4 or should I submit a new skills assessment with the ANZSCO code.

And if I submitted a new assessment will DIAC consider it or they'll need me to apply again.

Hello Dream208,

I am also in same catagory, around same time 175 subclass, july 2009. Had a ASCO code 2231-79, but last year I wanted to try for state sponcership and applied for ANZSCO code , ended up with 263113 ->network analyst not good for anything. having waited for 3 years almost, I was not been able to make any decision till now, haven't bought a house, did not buy good furniture etc etc .. hoping, What if next month, this year ..

3 years of waiting, especially when you are around 28-31 is crucial to make some important decisions in life. No Idea, how much more time its going to take.

all the best

Cvelaga

Guest sura7667

Hi king Kahn pls clarify if u can?I got co may 7 th and asked to provide my and my wifes medical ,SL police clearances and my AFP (which im still waiting for)only.my question is will the COs come to this stage after they done so called internal external checks or does CO still do that (ex/in check)after receiving all the DOCs he need?

Hi king Kahn pls clarify if u can?I got co may 7 th and asked to provide my and my wifes medical ,SL police clearances and my AFP (which im still waiting for)only.my question is will the COs come to this stage after they done so called internal external checks or does CO still do that (ex/in check)after receiving all the DOCs he need?

I reckon in your case he might had already done external police checks which is mainly security clearance and can take fair bit of time for HR countries (high risk).Now a days they are too busy as IMMI has lots of applications to process and they already start doing security checks for applicants who they think can get CO in near future.Internal/external can depend on individual circumstances and time can vary for each applicant.For some applicants it can take longer then others even after CO receives all the documents he/she requests.In your case i think you will be alright as you have wife as well which can sometimes make case stronger.I think your CO will make decision straight after you will submit all the documents..Good luck:wink:

Hey if anybody in the forum can guide me....is this realistic to think that in this financial year ending June 30 2013 I will be getting CO or is that asking too much?

I applied in April 2010 FS P5 category 176

Do not want to disappoint you but realistically there are applicants waiting since 2008 and yet there is no hope.IMMI might start processing them after AUGUST but no guarantee that you will get CO during this financial year as they have limited places but hey you never know..I Reckon look for some other option as well just for back up.If you do not have any problem waiting then stick with the same application.you are the captain of your own ship to make a decision.Cheers bro.

Please keep it mind guys that onshore 885 (independent) & 886 (FS & SS) are still open for onshore applicants till Dec 2012 so this is going to put some more pressure on FS guys in the que.. RIDICULOUS

at this rate, it is easier to get PR by marrying someone in australia who have a PR / citizen already

called DIAC today to confirm the date was told CO was allocated on 14/5/2012 and he or she is from team 33 as said before there has been no correspondance from CO ,I am not sure what checks they want last 5 years have been in Aus .:mad:

called DIAC today to confirm the date was told CO was allocated on 14/5/2012 and he or she is from team 33 as said before there has been no correspondance from CO ,I am not sure what checks they want last 5 years have been in Aus .:mad:

has been co allocated any one from last two days?

lala82 what they said today. i m also same problem like u.

I think u shud call them and check ,I just called to check the date and team of my CO ,the only thing I am confused is are these external or internal checks as ncorrespondance has been done by CO to me or my agent ,I was thinking they do internal first contact u for medicals and clearances and then do external checks,may be someone can some light in to this who are in the same boat

khan any news co allocatiin.u seems to be very knowledgeble abt immigration

I reckon immigration will increase processing of category 5 may be till November.Reason behind that will be training of staff to get familiar with new rules and implement them later.In 2013 cat 5 process might slow down like before as there will be more applicants from higher priorities.I rang immigration yesterday regarding my application .i had been told that my application is in pre assessment pile and will be allocated to CO soon.I don't know how soon though,immigration "soon" can be upto 3 months.lol...let's see

khan any news co allocatiin.u seems to be very knowledgeble abt immigration

One thing more,I asked them how come 885 moved from 26th June to 29th June.I had been told that in the last few weeks of June there weren't any new applications being processed or allocated because they had to wait for minister instructions about new rules.Good news is that he said that next update could be much better as they have picked up the pace.

One thing more,I asked them how come 885 moved from 26th June to 29th June.I had been told that in the last few weeks of June there weren't any new applications being processed or allocated because they had to wait for minister instructions about new rules.Good news is that he said that next update could be much better as they have picked up the pace.

khan that means u r not allocated co.when i called immi 3 weeks before u got allcated co.pre assesment it will take 6 weeks.but still no one contact me

Archived