New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

If your application is in Priority Group 3, or was lodged within one month of the dates listed in the Allocation table above for Priority Groups 4 or 5, you can proceed with health and character clearances before your application is allocated. Undertaking health and character clearances at this pre-allocation stage may expedite a decision on your visa application. However, applicants should not proceed with health and character clearances where a '*' is listed in the Allocation table.

Health and character assessments are valid for one year from the date of issue and may be affected by changes to the processing directions. You will be responsible for paying any fees and costs associated with obtaining any clearances you need.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i dont know how to react

i'm just tired i guess

because of this bullsh*t changes, my engagement was called off because the amount of stress from me and my fiancee is too much, so we call everything off already

while me and some other onshore FS 886 cat5 is paying taxes, the government is busy playing the white knight for asylum seekers, and keep denying me and my fellows PR application, hell...not even a CO is allocated yet

anyone know a voodoo doctor?

i'm very close to casting curse to chris bowen right now

not a deadly one...just maybe diahreea and constipation for 3 year should suffice, because thats the amount of time pain and suffering me and my fellows in because of him

We just can't sit back like this Jason. Gotta do something now..this is RIDICULOUS. How are FS applicants any different to Independent applicants. We as FS applicants have better prospect of settling down in Australia due to our family being here already. So out of all we shld be the one being processed as No 1 priority.

ohhh common ricky D jst read this plzz...

Allocation of Priority Group 5 cases

The allocation of Priority Group 5 applications is expected to continue in

general date of lodgement order throughout the 2012-13 Migration Program year in

line with available Migration Program places in the specific GSM visa

categories.

Due to the number of places available for Family Sponsored Skilled Migration

applicants this program year (currently 4200), GSM will limit the allocation of

cases in this visa category.

Family Sponsored Skilled Migration applicants in Priority Group 5, whose

applications are yet to be allocated to a case officer, will be affected. This

also includes Priority Group 5 cases where a state or territory approved

nomination has either not been provided or has not been accepted by the

department, as these applications are classified within the Family Sponsored

Skilled Migration group until a nomination is received from a state or territory

government agency and approved by the department.

The overall number of Priority Group 5 applications processed in any program

year will ultimately depend on the number of higher priority applications

received, and other factors, including the size of the Migration Program and its

composition, and any variation of the Processing Direction.

Many Priority Group 5 applicants still face a considerable wait until their

application is allocated to a case officer for processing and may want to

consider other options available.

ohhh common ricky D jst read this plzz...

Allocation of Priority Group 5 cases

The allocation of Priority Group 5 applications is expected to continue in

general date of lodgement order throughout the 2012-13 Migration Program year in

line with available Migration Program places in the specific GSM visa

categories.

Due to the number of places available for Family Sponsored Skilled Migration

applicants this program year (currently 4200), GSM will limit the allocation of

cases in this visa category.

Skilled Migration group until a nomination is received from a state or territory

The overall number of Priority Group 5 applications processed in any program

year will ultimately depend on the number of higher priority applications

received, and other factors, including the size of the Migration Program and its

composition, and any variation of the Processing Direction.

Many Priority Group 5 applicants still face a considerable wait until their

application is allocated to a case officer for processing and may want to

consider other options available.

I see your point Dashman....everything is FINISHED...this is ridiculous...already we had enough FS applicants and now these off-list applications have fallen under this FS category as well.. We are never ever going to be processed.

and by the way I have just got off the phone with DIAC. Family Sponsored categories under the Skill Select subclass 489 still fall under the Family Sponsored quota of 4,200.

Even if DIAC can't fill its quota of 45 odd thousand independent migrants this year they will start allocating Group 5 offshore independent GSM applications. Family Sponsored categories are f&&&&&&d

what a **** update , ****** priority processing !Currently there is no Cat4 waiting what the **** **** are u doing DIAC?? U would never process us ,why did not cap us together with 136ers 2years before! what a **** waste of life ! ****! ****!

excuseme guys ,too angry

I see your point Dashman....everything is FINISHED...this is ridiculous...already we had enough FS applicants and now these off-list applications have fallen under this FS category as well.. We are never ever going to be processed.

and by the way I have just got off the phone with DIAC. Family Sponsored categories under the Skill Select subclass 489 still fall under the Family Sponsored quota of 4,200.

Even if DIAC can't fill its quota of 45 odd thousand independent migrants this year they will start allocating Group 5 offshore independent GSM applications. Family Sponsored categories are f&&&&&&d

I'm emailing my agent, asking for clarification of this bullsh*t skillselect grouped together with Cat 5

if my assumptions is true, there is a chance a SkillSelect FS could be allocated to a CO in front of people that lodged PR from 3 years ago (i.e. me and some other people i bet)

edit: dont forget DIAC lowered the points requirments for SkillSelect, so we are fuc*ed even more

I'm emailing my agent, asking for clarification of this bullsh*t skillselect grouped together with Cat 5

if my assumptions is true, there is a chance a SkillSelect FS could be allocated to a CO in front of people that lodged PR from 3 years ago (i.e. me and some other people i bet)

That is indeed correct Jason. You got it right. DIAC has also updated Client Service Charter. So yes Skill Select applicants will be prioritised over any other visa subclass

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

Guest michelle2014
Even I have my concerns about this reduced 60 pass mark. This reduced pass mark is going to open the flood gates and G5 will keep on sitting at the bottom. But I doubt it would happen as DIAC has made it clear that they will keep on allocating G5 applications.

As i know, the registered number for EOI is up to 68000, which is the day of yesterday and it is still growing. As long as G5 is kept at the bottom, it is just deemed as spare applicants. I know that they has made it clear that they will keep on allocation of G5. But when (i mean offshore G5) and how. Actually, i don't know what they are going to do and i think they actually don't know what they are going to do. The passmark of 60 may be a test to find out how many applications they will receive. But take a look at the quota for each occupation. I heard that the overall number for the occupation quota totals up to 80,000 and they must use all of these. That is to say, they still insist on this absurd "absolute priority" of those occupations over G5. My personal options. Thank you for your reply. Hope we are all got be fine.

Guest michelle2014
Hey Michelle2014,

Yes they may be a lot of EOI applications but please remember that family sponsored applications are no longer being accepted for permanent residency i.e. these EOIs have to be independent, state sponsored or employer sponsored.

We no longer have Priority 1 and Priority 2 (they are missing from the table because everyone prior to SkillSelect has been allocated a case officer and the visa subclass does not exist any more.

I think once the pre SkillSelect backlog of Priority 3 and 4 applicants are finished they will start with offshore P5. This may happen in a few months time.

Hope this helps.

PS For those who do not know this, if you are on a Bridging Visa A, B or C (not 100% sure which ones), you can submit an EOI. If invited you can lodge onshore. Previously you could only apply offshore if you wanted to lodge another application while waiting for the outcome of an onshore application. :biggrin:

Thank you for your kind response. I really like the positive attitude here.

I hope that "once the pre SkillSelect backlog of Priority 3 and 4 applicants are finished they will start with offshore P5. " But we all know that there is actually fewer P3-4 left. In this forum and in freeoz, we saw P3-4 applicants applying in June 2012 got their visas. Even if all these applicants are finished, there will be EOI applicants to be processed before G5. I don't mean to cause a panic. What i want to say is that there is still uncertainty about for 175 G5 offshore independent since there are these uncertain factor like when the remaining P3-4 will be completed and like the number of EOI applicants. And i think 176 FS's situation is even worse. Sigh.....Hope they can keep their word.

As i know, the registered number for EOI is up to 68000, which is the day of yesterday and it is still growing. As long as G5 is kept at the bottom, it is just deemed as spare applicants. I know that they has made it clear that they will keep on allocation of G5. But when (i mean offshore G5) and how. Actually, i don't know what they are going to do and i think they actually don't know what they are going to do. The passmark of 60 may be a test to find out how many applications they will receive. But take a look at the quota for each occupation. I heard that the overall number for the occupation quota totals up to 80,000 and they must use all of these. That is to say, they still insist on this absurd "absolute priority" of those occupations over G5. My personal options. Thank you for your reply. Hope we are all got be fine.

One positive thing I could think of is that DIAC has a quota against each occupation level. So realistically if they can't fill the quota from Skill Select applicants they should be digging into G5 applications to complete their quota allocations..There are quite a few too many variables now. For example in my case I know for sure there wouldn't be too many Community Welfare Worker applications coming into the system as its not in SOL anymore and only few states have got it in their SMP that too with strict level of 7 IELTS and work requirements.

Am I being too positive here..HALLUCINATED..I cant think right...what to do ?? Revolt against DIAC ?? HOW ?? a Peacefull march in front of DIAC office ??? speaking to local politicians (waste of time im sure)....

I am putting a complaint through DIAC's Global Feedback Unit....and this time I am quite serious. Going to take it to the next level possible. What about people wanting to start family in Australia while on Bridging Visa. No Permanent jobs...No Baby Bonus..No Maternity Leaves..No Paid Parental Leaves...No Child Care Rebate....We aren't f****g terrorists...we deserve FAIRNESS & EQUALITY like every other individual.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/services/services-form.htm

Guest michelle2014
One positive thing I could think of is that DIAC has a quota against each occupation level. So realistically if they can't fill the quota from Skill Select applicants they should be digging into G5 applications to complete their quota allocations..There are quite a few too many variables now. For example in my case I know for sure there wouldn't be too many Community Welfare Worker applications coming into the system as its not in SOL anymore and only few states have got it in their SMP that too with strict level of 7 IELTS and work requirements.

Am I being too positive here..HALLUCINATED..I cant think right...what to do ?? Revolt against DIAC ?? HOW ?? a Peacefull march in front of DIAC office ??? speaking to local politicians (waste of time im sure)....

hahahaha, i agree. So it is just uncertain. what i can say is only that we still have chance, hehe.

PS. i prefer to be positive than negative, at least i am happy not crazy now. let's hope for the best together.

hahahaha, i agree. So it is just uncertain. what i can say is only that we still have chance, hehe.

PS. i prefer to be positive than negative, at least i am happy not crazy now. let's hope for the best together.

haha so true..

wats ur subclass..occupation..date of lodgement Michelle ??

But take a look at the quota for each occupation. I heard that the overall number for the occupation quota totals up to 80,000 and they must use all of these. .

i may sound dumb, but can i know where one can check the quota for each occupation?

Have the states released their own lists? I tried to check but haven't found any states putting up their list of occupations one can apply for sponcorship. Am seriously thinking of trying to get an SS and and submitting an EOI and filing a new application, there is no way that FS will ever get a place in their lifetime.

Guest michelle2014
i may sound dumb, but can i know where one can check the quota for each occupation?

Have the states released their own lists? I tried to check but haven't found any states putting up their list of occupations one can apply for sponcorship. Am seriously thinking of trying to get an SS and and submitting an EOI and filing a new application, there is no way that FS will ever get a place in their lifetime.

As for the quota, i mean the quota for EOI, not for SS. The source of the quota is tigtag.

I know most of us are not happy with a dramatic update of allocation table today.Everyone of us has different assumption about it.I have been told by a trustworthy resource that there wasn't been much happening in the processing department of immigration because of new financial year.As from now we are in new financial year and we have seen changes as well.Wait till next update which will be most probably by the mid of this month.We will see quick allocation of Category 5 ,885.With offshore Family Sposored there will still be fair bit of waiting period but it will not be the end.They might start processing offshore by November this year.Just do what you have to do meanwhile.Dont be disappointed as its just the fourth day of financial year.We have seen Cat 5 moving from 26th June to 29th June because they have started new quota...they started allocating CO from Monday 02nd June and that's why it only moved three days further.Most probably next update will be interesting ,No guarantee but hope for best.

Oh that's the spirit King Khan. I like this. Yes as Kind Khan has mentioned, things can quicky change with DIAC. Next update will be interesting one. DIAC has to process Family sponsored applicants. They will not keep them waiting for ages. Don't worry try to involve yourself into the daily routine works and if possible stop follwing these updates for next few months. well. I hope from God that everyone got a fair deal here.

try this out

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/nom-by-state-terr-gov.htm

Called DIAC today they told me i was alloted a CO in May but he or she hasent done any correspondance with me or my agent ,The DIAC person said that either it is gone in security check which he doesnt know when it will come back or either because of new financial year the files in above priority would be sorted out first ....WTF .I will quote what he said "Absolutley go ahead with the medicals and police clearances but i cant tell you a specific time when the CO would look in to it":realmad:

reading between the line I dont think offlist SS applicants will be included in the FS quota 4200. what the reading means is those SS applicants wont be processed until a nomination from their state is sent to DIAC and without this therefore they going to be in hold with FS applicants. it says clearly UNTIL (condition) if DIAC recieve their nomination then they will process them under Cat 4 SS. 4200 places are only for Family sponsored applicants not for SS. it doesnt work like that if DIAC mix them together then they are breaching the immigration act and they are not dump to do that.

one more thing as most group 5 FS occupations are removed from the new SOL list I cant see any other new applicants will be able to fill the cieling quota for every occupation because they have to nominate an occupation under the sol 1. only SS applicants will be able to apply for SOL2.

some hope still exist but very slim. one thing I m sure off is we gonna get our PRs sooner or later. just get on with your daily life until a CO blows a kiss to you. its hard but what else we can do. too late to gamble with a new study even though we are all working and paying Taxes or go back home,

What else can we do? I noticed that the complaint published in DIAC is only for visa handling related, but not for policy related. ("Note: The policy is not intended to cover decisions on applications, whether reviewable or non-reviewable, including decisions where an external review or appeal mechanism already exists.)

I m a 175 applicant who have been waiting for 3.5 years. I hate the word 'assessment then' or 'still face a considerable wait'. What the result of wait? 3 years ago when they told us u can wait until 2012, i gave up to apply for state sponsored. Finally 2012 is coming, the answer is 'wait' again. I dont want to judge those with a positive attitude. But i can't trust them anymore. Why dont u guys think DIAC use CAP again?

My point is what else should we do except wait and data analysis? We should do sth more realistic...

reading between the line I dont think offlist SS applicants will be included in the FS quota 4200. what the reading means is those SS applicants wont be processed until a nomination from their state is sent to DIAC and without this therefore they going to be in hold with FS applicants. it says clearly UNTIL (condition) if DIAC recieve their nomination then they will process them under Cat 4 SS. 4200 places are only for Family sponsored applicants not for SS. it doesnt work like that if DIAC mix them together then they are breaching the immigration act and they are not dump to do that.

one more thing as most group 5 FS occupations are removed from the new SOL list I cant see any other new applicants will be able to fill the cieling quota for every occupation because they have to nominate an occupation under the sol 1. only SS applicants will be able to apply for SOL2.

some hope still exist but very slim. one thing I m sure off is we gonna get our PRs sooner or later. just get on with your daily life until a CO blows a kiss to you. its hard but what else we can do. too late to gamble with a new study even though we are all working and paying Taxes or go back home,

You are the man Sam...that is so true...

my only worry is the new subclass 489 as new family sponsored applications will keep on coming.

Archived