New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly this current DIAC update was all fart and no ****. sorry for the language but thats the mood it has left me in. My fellow FS guys its better we dont waste our time on this fart, because its never going to culminate into any **** whatsoever!

How about my case applied 886 Jan 2009, do you think I do have a chance? or better break up with this adventure

Hey Sam2009, I think you may be part of the lucky ones to be processed this financial year. I think the next update(s) will shed more light. Keep in mind it is end of financial year and tax time so people are incredibly busy with these things so may not be an efficient processing period. Couple these with introduction of SkillSelect, it is best to wait for the next couple of updates. :biggrin:

I'd like to see published a break down of numbers for each visa category, and each priority, by program year.

Hopefully 176 Family sponsored might get a look at this year :-( Been waiting since August 2009. I'm booked to visit my Parents at Christmas and was hoping to have my PR granted by then so that I could activate it.

What i get from this update is

885 P5 APPLICANTS 29 JUNE 09 WILL BE PROCESSED IN ORDER ALTHOUGH THEY HAVEN'T MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT PAPER OR ON LINE. IN THE LAST UPDATE IT WAS 26 JUNE 09 AND TODAY AFTER FORTNIGHT IT IS 29 JUNE 09 ,WORKING HARD OR HARDLY WORKING.

886 P5 FS (i feel sad for them) THEY SAY 22 DEC 2008 WITH LOW ALLOCATIONS DUE TO LOW VISA SPACES,I THINK THIS IS FOR ONSHORE I AM NOT SURE WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO FS OFFSHORE.

hi xenos 1987, any idea about 175

Hi singhb,

I assume once all P4 cases are allocated and they are very close to getting rid of P3 and P4 forever, they will have to start processing P5. My opinion once again. If there are other options, it may be a good idea to have a few back up plans if Australia is the place you would like to spend your life in.

Cheers!

Hey Sam2009, I think you may be part of the lucky ones to be processed this financial year. I think the next update(s) will shed more light. Keep in mind it is end of financial year and tax time so people are incredibly busy with these things so may not be an efficient processing period. Couple these with introduction of SkillSelect, it is best to wait for the next couple of updates. :biggrin:

Thank you, I always admire your analysis..... but the fact is I m so tired, I m done......

Thank you, I always admire your analysis..... but the fact is I m so tired, I m done......

Thanks :biggrin: It has been a roller coaster ride for many. Just remember that if VB can get his grant, everyone else will. May take time but it will happen. If DIMIA had no intention of processing P5, they would have never touched it.

It's hard to remain patient but good things come to those that wait :wink:

Guest michelle2014
Hi singhb,

I assume once all P4 cases are allocated and they are very close to getting rid of P3 and P4 forever, they will have to start processing P5. My opinion once again. If there are other options, it may be a good idea to have a few back up plans if Australia is the place you would like to spend your life in.

Cheers!

Thank you for your analysis. But i have a question here. In this financial year, there may be a lot of EOI applications since the passmark for EOI has been lowered to 60. And the priority says, G5 could only be processed once all G1-G4 are processed. I am a 175 skill independent applicant applied in March 2008. Have waited for more than 4 years. Sigh~~

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks :biggrin: It has been a roller coaster ride for many. Just remember that if VB can get his grant, everyone else will. May take time but it will happen. If DIMIA had no intention of processing P5, they would have never touched it.

It's hard to remain patient but good things come to those that wait :wink:

you are right, but at this point in time, ie, July 2012, i really can't imagine myself still being in the same position on 1st July 2013, waiting for next year's FS quota to get me a place and reading the stupid line "Allocation not commenced*"!

Poor VB waited for 5 years, but (even though it is the probably the only thing one can do, maybe except filing an EOI and looking for a state sponcership which could be faster) putting life on hold for so long, putting off everyday small things like buying new things cos we may not use it for too long, is really hard. This is torture.........

Hi everyone,

Since SkillSelect is now up and running, the only visa available to new applicants to be sponsored by an Australian relative is Subclass 489 (it's a temporary visa too). Therefore I would suspect the 4200 places will mainly go to the remaining P4 886 (within 4 weeks of lodgement) /176 (up to 6/01/12) applicants and P5 applicants. Not everyone will be processed this year but a significant portion will. This is my opinion. Time will tell what will happen.

Cheers!

hi! there's still 886 FS P5 which is december 2008.....

Hi everyone,

Since SkillSelect is now up and running, the only visa available to new applicants to be sponsored by an Australian relative is Subclass 489 (it's a temporary visa too). Therefore I would suspect the 4200 places will mainly go to the remaining P4 886 (within 4 weeks of lodgement) /176 (up to 6/01/12) applicants and P5 applicants. Not everyone will be processed this year but a significant portion will. This is my opinion. Time will tell what will happen.

Cheers!

In the update 489 visa hasn't got a asterix next to it so I think any FS visas in 489 might be taken against RSMS quota otherwise FS priority should have affected 489 as well.

Are they even going to allocate offshore P5? what is to say DIAC wont wait until the end of 2012-13 year to see the figures and process P5 to fill the numbers?

Am I correct in thinking that 176 FS can change to 176 independent application, assuming they have the points to do so?

There wouldn't be any new applications till mid Aug atleast so DIAC can progress 6,000 applications till then. That should get rid of all the 885 & 886 (onshore/offshore both) applications. Onshore people can still apply for 885/886 till Dec 2012 but I doubt there would be many in Group 4 (thats what the last 1 year trend suggest).

DIAC really should finish all the onshore 885/886 Group 5 applications in this financial year.

Guest michelle2014

There is only P3-4 now. but from August, there will be G1-G4. and i guess EOI applicants will not be so few.

There is only P3-4 now. but from August, there will be G1-G4. and i guess EOI applicants will not be so few.

Even I have my concerns about this reduced 60 pass mark. This reduced pass mark is going to open the flood gates and G5 will keep on sitting at the bottom. But I doubt it would happen as DIAC has made it clear that they will keep on allocating G5 applications.

My agent told me before that dnt get the meds and clearances done until u get a CO as she was of the opinion that DIAC are just filling up numbers by processing P5 885 and will either slow down considerably or stop after 1 july,But i went and got them done ,now i am regretting it cause what waste of money cause i think the 885 would start be processesing again end of this year or early next year when they have to fill out numbers.As i said previously to KK as well the real people who got the profit was medibank and AFP ,this cycle will keep on repeating it self.What waste of time money and resources ,its better we shud not think about anything and just get along with our lives as we have been doing for the past 3 years .

My agent told me before that dnt get the meds and clearances done until u get a CO as she was of the opinion that DIAC are just filling up numbers by processing P5 885 and will either slow down considerably or stop after 1 july,But i went and got them done ,now i am regretting it cause what waste of money cause i think the 885 would start be processesing again end of this year or early next year when they have to fill out numbers.As i said previously to KK as well the real people who got the profit was medibank and AFP ,this cycle will keep on repeating it self.What waste of time money and resources ,its better we shud not think about anything and just get along with our lives as we have been doing for the past 3 years .

Hi lala82..whats ur subclass and date of lodgement ??

Guest sumanm

does anyone knows is it possible to get Tourist visa for russia when we r holding bridging visa? On indian Passport?
i think you are from melbourne and amritsar.am i right?

Archived