New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Check the link again. DIAC has mentioned itself that they increase the FS quota from 4100 to 12500 in the financial year 2011-12. So don't see a reason why it can't happen this financial year as well. Im sure in approx 75,000 quota of GSM (SMP, Independendent and FS) DIAC can atleast fit in 15,000 applicants.

My estimate is atleast 70% onshore Group 5 should be allocated by end of this financial year. Very realistic its looking right now.

I understand your point, but note that 4100 to 12500 jump was possible only due to low volume of PG3 SS (176S/475/886) & PG 4 Indy (175/885) in 2011-12. Last year Planned places for PG3 & 4 were 24k+44k = 68k, but application received in those cat were lower. Hence the remaining were given to PG5.

What I was pointing is different, Year-on-year planned level of FS increased by 100 places only to 4200 places. Now your theory will work if PG3 & 4 again turn out to be low as last year. This year reserved places for PG3 & 4 is 70k

Planning level Link is here

Goodluck

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you dont have an issue with nomination (from1100), you might have CO by this time. DIAC mailed us on 15 June 12 which almost similiar as recent (4) mails.

You can check your staus by calling DIAC. You will get it even if you have an agent.

By they way, Which state sponsored you? SA i guess

Thank you Jackie1012 for the information. I am a 475 SS applicant (offshore/ Occupation Life Scientist) and my husband lived in the US for a long time so he needed to provide overseas police clearance from the FBI. My question is if I call DIAC will they be clear enough about the status of my application? Will they tell me if it has fallen again in the back of their priorities, even though all documents have been submitted to the CO, or do they tend to answer as all agents do "at this time we don't really know"

I understand your point, but note that 4100 to 12500 jump was possible only due to low volume of PG3 SS (176S/475/886) & PG 4 Indy (175/885) in 2011-12. Last year Planned places for PG3 & 4 were 24k+44k = 68k, but application received in those cat were lower. Hence the remaining were given to PG5.

What I was pointing is different, Year-on-year planned level of FS increased by 100 places only to 4200 places. Now your theory will work if PG3 & 4 again turn out to be low as last year. This year reserved places for PG3 & 4 is 70k

Planning level Link is here

Goodluck

Hmm I absolutely agree...I am just forming s theory here but I am very positive that this year as well PG3 & PG4 should have a low volume. Lets wait and watch.

Guest bindragagan
Also one more thing bindra...people who have issues with their form 1100 or state nomination issue DIAC has just kept them in the Group 5 pool but they don't come in the Family Sponsored category so don't worry at all about these ones.

Lets see what happens Ricky but it is a big joke the way they are treating 886 FS. This is just poor discrimination. The allocated number is a joke. Its like we were just sleeping overseas and our relatives sponsored us and we have no other merits. DIAC is failed to see the fact that all 886 FS applicants have met all the creteria what other applicants require. Study requirement, age, english and so on and it was from DIAC that your relative can sponsor you. I sat on IELTS in October 2007 while I was studying just for the sake of it and got 7 7 7 and 6.5 and never thought about sitting in IELTS again to get 7 band. I thought my family is here so why not apply through them. A question came into my mind Just now.

I am workign in welfare from last 3 years now. Am I able to change my category to 885 on experience basis? Just wondering. LOL.

Sorry guys for asking a question different to ur discussion I am P5 885 applied 15/7/09 occ community welfare now the confusing part is when I called DIAC they said I was allotted CO on 14/5/12 but he or she has not made any correspondance they are from team 33 ,my agent has also not received anything ,can the DIAC give me e mail of the officer ,one other confusing part is I got my meds done along with my wife and daughter on 19/6/12 now I didn't send anything to DIAC but on 20/6/12 only my daughter online status said meds received health requirements finalized not sure what to do if sum one has had the same experience.....or shud I ask for e mail

Lets see what happens Ricky but it is a big joke the way they are treating 886 FS. This is just poor discrimination. The allocated number is a joke. Its like we were just sleeping overseas and our relatives sponsored us and we have no other merits. DIAC is failed to see the fact that all 886 FS applicants have met all the creteria what other applicants require. Study requirement, age, english and so on and it was from DIAC that your relative can sponsor you. I sat on IELTS in October 2007 while I was studying just for the sake of it and got 7 7 7 and 6.5 and never thought about sitting in IELTS again to get 7 band. I thought my family is here so why not apply through them. A question came into my mind Just now.

I am workign in welfare from last 3 years now. Am I able to change my category to 885 on experience basis? Just wondering. LOL.

Hey Bindra..yes you can actually change from 886 to 885..this is exact what is written in those mass emails that you can change from 885-886 or vice versa. I would suggest you should try IELTS once more plus you have enough experience now to claim extra points. Call DIAC tomorrow to find abt this.

Most PR (175/176 or 885/886) applicants from HR countries (Pakistan, Afganistan, Iran, Bangladesh etc) face a long delay(6 -12M) after assigning CO for lengthy Security checks. Hope you are with goodluck.

Medical reports were sent by panel doctor to Global Health, not by applicants. Medical officer of GH processed Meds once they recieved it.

You may check your MED status at Health.Operation.Center@immi.gov.au

Sorry guys for asking a question different to ur discussion I am P5 885 applied 15/7/09 occ community welfare now the confusing part is when I called DIAC they said I was allotted CO on 14/5/12 but he or she has not made any correspondance they are from team 33 ,my agent has also not received anything ,can the DIAC give me e mail of the officer ,one other confusing part is I got my meds done along with my wife and daughter on 19/6/12 now I didn't send anything to DIAC but on 20/6/12 only my daughter online status said meds received health requirements finalized not sure what to do if sum one has had the same experience.....or shud I ask for e mail

Most PR (175/176 or 885/886) applicants from HR countries (Pakistan, Afganistan, Iran, Bangladesh etc) face a long delay(6 -12M) after assigning CO for lengthy Security checks. Hope you are with goodluck.

Medical reports were sent by panel doctor to Global Health, not by applicants. Medical officer of GH processed Meds once they recieved it.

You may check your MED status at Health.Operation.Center@immi.gov.au

but can i ask DIAC to give me e mail of CO ..!!!

You can ask DIAC but whom you ask to mail you? I am unsure!!!

I guess, with the reference of DIAC-operator you may email brisbane.gsm.team33@immi.gov.au to know your application status.

Hope it will help.

I was thinking to e mail CO because when i called DIAC they said u have a CO so i was thinking to call them tomorrow and see wether they can give me his or her e mail

Well, Get the team email address from DIAC. So far, no individual's email used.

Best of luck.

I was thinking to e mail CO because when i called DIAC they said u have a CO so i was thinking to call them tomorrow and see wether they can give me his or her e mail

Guest Lola82
If you dont have an issue with nomination (from1100), you might have CO by this time. DIAC mailed us on 15 June 12 which almost similiar as recent (4) mails.

You can check your staus by calling DIAC. You will get it even if you have an agent.

By they way, Which state sponsored you? SA i guess

Thanks Aituhin. Yes I have a SA SS but my occupation was not listed on their SMP. I had a CO assigned on May 19th 2012 but I could not submit all requested documents by June 16th deadline because of the overseas police clearence that took a month to be processed. My concern is that with the new rules effective on July 1st, my application is put on limbo eventhough all documents are listed in the system as "met" (last document was submitted on July 2nd and changed to met on July 3rd by the CO). The CO might be doing internal/external checks but I've seen that most applicants (from LRC) get the approval very soon after submission of all documents. Are you a state sponsored applicant as well? I did not receive any e-mail on June 15th and my agent did not mention anything about it. What was it about?

:skeptical:

From the update on DIAC's website regarding priority processing I could not find clear information regarding applications from SS group 5 cases which applications had not been finalized as of July 1st. Does anyone have any idea about this?

Guest sharonbe

Changes in the number of places allocated can occur from time to time. In 2011-12 for example, the initial planning level of 4,100 places was increased to 12,500. You can follow the progress of allocating GSM applications on the department’s website.

Don`t lose your hope :hug:

Changes in the number of places allocated can occur from time to time. In 2011-12 for example, the initial planning level of 4,100 places was increased to 12,500. You can follow the progress of allocating GSM applications on the department’s website.

Don`t lose your hope :hug:

That's sound promising.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk

Guest sharonbe

quick question:

Is the CSOL is the new SOL?

if my occupation is in the CSOL - is it change something?

thx

after 7+ pages since last friday (i only check this forum during office hours to avoid souring my weekend)

all i see is speculation here and there

for us FS 886 onshore / offshore, DIAC is becoming more like vodafone in australia

anytime they announced something in the guise of improving their networks, basically its a bad news

these past 3+ years, that what I've experienced, everytime DIAC announced something on their website, it's more badnews for me, except one time when they said cat 5 would start to get processed, but apparently it's a smoke screen to give me false hopes again and again

it's VERY hard to stay positive all these time, especially after my plans for marriage in the future is now down the drain, because me and my fiancee decided to call the marriage off since these shenanigans about PR

so please let me indulge myself in despair and depression that i viewed DIAC is in no hurry to process 886 FS onshore / offshore not in 2 more years

after 7+ pages since last friday (i only check this forum during office hours to avoid souring my weekend)

for us FS 886 onshore / offshore, DIAC is becoming more like vodafone in australia

anytime they announced something in the guise of improving their networks, basically its a bad news

these past 3+ years, that what I've experienced, everytime DIAC announced something on their website, it's more badnews for me, except one time when they said cat 5 would start to get processed, but apparently it's a smoke screen to give me false hopes again and again

it's VERY hard to stay positive all these time, especially after my plans for marriage in the future is now down the drain, because me and my fiancee decided to call the marriage off since these shenanigans about PR

so please let me indulge myself in despair and depression that i viewed DIAC is in no hurry to process 886 FS onshore / offshore not in 2 more years

Stay positive Jason. u will get there soon for sure..Wat subclass u applied for n wats ur date of lodgement ?

Stay positive Jason. u will get there soon for sure..Wat subclass u applied for n wats ur date of lodgement ?

i honestly couldn't even remembered anymore

all i could remembered i applied somewhere around july 2009 under skilled migration with a sponsorship from my brother

which i assume would fall under 886 onshore FS

Called DIAC today the operator said file in internal checks might take months ,CO will contact when he or she will require ,didnot give e mail as she said the CO reply would be the same as they have no power over the checks .......so its more wait and pain .:chatterbox:

Guest bipidy

I'm in exactly the same position as you, Jason D. It is very very hard. I miss my partner so much! But all we can do is stay positive. Maybe we can write to a newspaper or something to tell people our story. We're not any different to people applying as Independents, we deserve some recognition and respect too.

i honestly couldn't even remembered anymore

all i could remembered i applied somewhere around july 2009 under skilled migration with a sponsorship from my brother

which i assume would fall under 886 onshore FS

Guys please note that you can change your visa subclass from 886 to 885 by simply filling out the form 1022 form provided you had the 120 points as at day of your application lodgement to meet the 120 pass mark for independent GSM category.

I have just got off the phone with DIAC and confirmed this.

I know a few people who inspite of being able to achieve 120 marks on their own decided to go along the FS path. So now they can revert back to 885 and get quicker processing.

I'm in exactly the same position as you, Jason D. It is very very hard. I miss my partner so much! But all we can do is stay positive. Maybe we can write to a newspaper or something to tell people our story. We're not any different to people applying as Independents, we deserve some recognition and respect too.

Hi guys

I am in the same situation just difference is I am married.These DIAC and minister dont understand the pain we are going through.I always talk about this to all my neighbors and colleague regarding this problem. Atleast they know what this ***DIAC doing on the name of the fair go.Where is the fair go gone when people like us and many more without their partners and kids have to stay separated from their family just because of this lengthy and unrealistic priority processing.If they think we are burden on them they are absulately f********head.We are hear from more than five years.Paying tax already giving our contribution to economy.If they think giving us visa will lead the country to higher unemployment rate they must be dreaming.We are already employed.Even FS from off shore not going to be a problem as their family going to look after them as they have give assurance.And first two year centrelink not providing any assistant unless have a children.This kind of tendency reduce of application for PR and student visa.Anyway I am going to wait another 6 month and say good bye to Aus.

Archived