New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Dhawan u are man with a positive update...you always try to help others in the forum.....good on you mate!!!keep it going . Anyways when did you lodged your Permanent Visa

Thanks mate !! I applied May 2009, 885, Cook !!

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest indaussie
HI Dhawan , as i m sept 2009 applicant do you think we will be processed.the amount of visa that are been granted now days seem to overstrip the yearly program.....whats your opinion...:confused:

You will definately get ur PR cz DIAC has planned to grant around 10,000 cat 5 co's this programm year . As they start granting from jan 12 so its around 1700 cat 5 visa per month. Don't worry mate ur turn will come soon if not in this program year then in next program year( after July 12) . Fingers closedxxxxxxx :)

You will definately get ur PR cz DIAC has planned to grant around 10,000 cat 5 co's this programm year . As they start granting from jan 12 so its around 1700 cat 5 visa per month. Don't worry mate ur turn will come soon if not in this program year then in next program year( after July 12) . Fingers closedxxxxxxx :)

Curious to know about DIAC 10K cat 5 grants in this FY.

What worries me is are the 10,000 cat 5's only for on-shore??? When, oh when are they going to start with us off-shore cat 5?? Come on DIAC, let's have some good news for us off-shore bods.:ssign2:

When do you guys think a 9th of January 2009 applicant, onshore might get processed? In the next couple of weeks? Any guesses?

You are very near of CO's grip. Infact CO is runing so fast to catch you!

See the next update on 19th March. Best to procced for med and pcc.

I am 885 onshore application submitted 22 April 09, should I consider Victorian state sponsorship NOW? if I get this sponsorship (its website says up to 12 weeks wait), will I need to submit a whole new fresh 886 application, and NEW FEES ? Could you please advise?

Or I'd better wait for my 885 turns, which I believe is near.

Much thanks to all Cat 5ers.

i cant see any where written officialy tht only 10k priorty 5 visa will be granted . that was all expected figures . moreover if u believe this statement it says 10 k granted , it doesnt say 10 k allocated . allocations will be much more then 10 k.I personlly dont believe in this figure of 10 k , it ws projected at the time when they hvent processed the priority 5 processing. so what i believe is the will run through atleast june 2009 applications by the end of june 2012.. ANyone who has applied before july 2009 shoul be confident of getting CO in next 3.5 months. good luck .

When do you guys think a 9th of January 2009 applicant, onshore might get processed? In the next couple of weeks? Any guesses?

end of this month or early next month, go for police checks and medical for sure ..

can u also post what is going to happen with the existing applicant after 1 july 2012,:mad:

who applied before july 2012, wont have any effect on their application whatso ever. dotn even think about cap and cease either . that was just dream , this is for both onshon and offshore !!

HI Dhawan , as i m sept 2009 applicant do you think we will be processed.the amount of visa that are been granted now days seem to overstrip the yearly program.....whats your opinion...:confused:

you will be processed somewhere near sept/oct 2012. dnt wrry just wait fr ur turn .

offshore , srry to say but it seems u ll be processed aftr june 2012 . it mean next financial year !!

I would have said that too, but DIAC are making truly wonderful progress; and to be honest, unless they are planning mass redundancies there, CO would be left 'twiddeling their thumbs' so to speak. I know, come July they will have a fresh batch to process, but I really believe that the numbers will be considerably, and I mean considerably less. So, what to do? I think that they will commence processing Cat 5 off-shores round about April/May 2012. Oz still needs skilled people, and they are now crying out for cooks etc - as I have recently read on a news item. All our skills, are still very much in demand. It is not all about the mining industry! That in my opinion is somewhat of, dare I say it, 'fad'. There you have it. The Chinese Economy will slow and thus mining jobs will be less appealing. This whole 'fad' actually only serves Investors well. Countries will have to learn, that a Quick Buck, ie. large stock market influences, which by the way, change minute by minute, can have dire consequences. A country is built on tomorrows, not just tomorrow!

Guest handsomeanoop

Things are going to get slow down for 2009 applicant as there were considerably high no of application lodged in 2009 in my opinion, most of 2008 were already cleared, what we are seeing was leftover one who somehow got stuck with priority processing. Add me in Timeline :) Hope for good though, they might clear all 2009 application this year :)

Applied Cook 487 Regional NSW 15-07-2009 Onshore Paper Application:biggrin:

Guest neelvashi

Hey, I think you should give DIAC a call and ask them weather you have been allocated to the CO or not! you should have a CO by now! i am feb 2009 and gave DIAC a call tuesday and lady said they are moving fast and you should get you AFP and Medical done!

Guest elysium
Hey, I think you should give DIAC a call and ask them weather you have been allocated to the CO or not! you should have a CO by now! i am feb 2009 and gave DIAC a call tuesday and lady said they are moving fast and you should get you AFP and Medical done!

Great, how many days do you have to wait until your medical examination date upon booking an appointment?

Great, how many days do you have to wait until your medical examination date upon booking an appointment?

I called them on Monday (Sydney), had the medicals on Tuesday, visa granted on Friday. Had AFP check beforehand. Cheers

I called them on Monday (Sydney), had the medicals on Tuesday, visa granted on Friday. Had AFP check beforehand. Cheers

Hi, did you get everything done in the 1 place (x-rays etc), how long did it take and what was the cost - cheers

Guest handsomeanoop

Hey Sambo its $314 for medical inluding X-ray, but you have to do X-ray elsewhere sometime depends on medibank centre as in darwin you do it in hospital but medibank will provide you details..... Very easy and quick process, contact medibank

Hello there,

I was wondering if there is anybody in the same boat or whether any light can be shed on our situation.

My brother made a 175 visa application way back in May 2009. The occupation code used at time of application was 2231-79. We've had no news ever since.

The whole thing has been put on a back burner for a while but its always in the backs of all our minds just what their chances might be. We're really eager to find out if there is anyone out there in the same boat as us waiting to hear, or whether they've had any news already, whether negative or positive?

Its a bit depressing to have put so much effort into the process to find that they are no closer to a decision. Does anybody know of a way that we maybe able to get a little higher on the list? It seems as though we are lost in the system somewhere. :sad:

I would love any advice from anyone out there, it would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best

Guest iboon

hi there !!

Just come and update my status.

I finally got PR today (12/3/12). I got a CO on 17/2/12

send the form 80 and updated passport to CO on 6/3/12

did medical check on 1 /3/12

AFP check 29/2/12 got 9 /3/12

send AFP to CO on 12/3/12 visa granted in the same day.

my visa 885 Cook Applied 18 Sep 2008

All the people who are in Group 5 It will be you day very soon Good Luck

Archived