New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Guest indaussie

Hi everyone, I have a Good news to share with you. One of my friend who is in cat 5 has assigned a co on 27 jan. He lodged his 886 (COOK)relative sponser on 28/08/08. Co asked for proof of 900 hrs unpaid work experiece and how he supported himself during that period, but no medical or Pcc or form 80 asked.

May be co want to check his work experience first to make sure it's not fake(bogus).

Anyways it's good news for cat 5 that they r processing cat5 very fast.

and co is from team 31.

good luck

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest38808
Hi everyone, I have a Good news to share with you. One of my friend who is in cat 5 has assigned a co on 27 jan. He lodged his 886 (COOK)relative sponser on 28/08/08. Co asked for proof of 900 hrs unpaid work experiece and how he supported himself during that period, but no medical or Pcc or form 80 asked.

May be co want to check his work experience first to make sure it's not fake(bogus).

Anyways it's good news for cat 5 that they r processing cat5 very fast.

and co is from team 31.

good luck

hi indaussie,can you please ask ur friend ;how he is going to prove unpaid work experience.

As i am also in same boat.

thankyou very much.

Guest indaussie
hi indaussie,can you please ask ur friend ;how he is going to prove unpaid work experience.

As i am also in same boat.

thankyou very much.

Hi motika, if your work experience is unpaid , you can prove it by submitting following documents --

.1. Detailed work references showing duties and duration of employment, to be signed by yourmanager;

2. Time sheets or logbook entries .

Co also asked asked him to show, how he supported himself during that period ? To prove this he can get a declaration (letter) from his sponser ( his uncle), thT he supported him financial.

Hope this help. If you need any further info, just ask. Good luck!

Hi sammann, she applied on 2-nov-2008, got a direct grant today from team 31, meds and feds up to date this month as we saw DIAC was moving fast with Cat 5. Hope u will get urs soon. Cheers

Guest Costa13

Hi,

would like to add my details to the spreadsheet, not quite sure how to do that though:

date of visa application: 04/05/2010

Visa subclass: 475( south australia sponsored but not on SOL)

Category : 5 (Offshore)

If there is somebody adding details in the spreadsheet, please add mine :unsure:

Guest hope 886
My wife just got her PR today. She applied back in Nov 2008, Cat 5 Hotel manager.

Congrats dtrang, Many thanks for sharing your case.

Guest indaussie
Hi sammann, she applied on 2-nov-2008, got a direct grant today from team 31, meds and feds up to date this month as we saw DIAC was moving fast with Cat 5. Hope u will get urs soon. Cheers

So DIAC reached up to nov 2008 so next update would be November or dec2008. Good luck all cat 5

So DIAC reached up to nov 2008 so next update would be November or dec2008. Good luck all cat 5

I would say next update will be around mid sept rather than nov/oct-2008, coz now the number of applications lodged will be much more than before !!

I would say next update will be around mid sept rather than nov/oct-2008, coz now the number of applications lodged will be much more than before !!

kinda of agree with this one

usually the "rush" happened before july introduction of new regulations

so i'm not suprised if things would came to a crawl again for the next couple of updates

looking at my screenshots again

cat4 progression during juneis bloody slow only moved 7 days for 3 updates

so not suprised if that happened again

Guest indaussie

Have a look it's from Carl Conrad

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 1, align: center][TABLE=width: 600]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #133463, colspan: 1][TABLE=width: 600]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 1][TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=width: 100%, colspan: 1][TABLE=class: BlockMargin, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 1, align: left]Current Processing for PG5

blue_cogs.jpg

We mentioned in our previous newsletter (Vol. 207) that DIAC has begun processing applications on Priority Group 5 (PG5). Currently they are processing PG5 online applications lodged up to 1 August 2008. Although the DIAC website shows they are processing August ones, our office has received request e-mails from case officer for applications lodged in December 2008, so those who lodge application around this time may want to start preparing further documents to submit.

Even though you may think you have provided all the required documents, case officer may still ask for additional documents. For most of the applications, since it must have been more than 1 year since the application was lodged, case officer will request new police checks (from AFP and overseas) and medical check as they are valid only for 1 year.

You can always wait until your case officer requests you in writing but you can also start preparing these documents (only if they are expired), so that the processing goes smoothly after a case officer is allocated and starts checking all your documents.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Have a look it's from Carl Conrad

[TR]

[TD=align: center][TABLE=width: 600]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #133463][TABLE=width: 600]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #FFFFFF][TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=width: 100%][TABLE=class: BlockMargin, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Current Processing for PG5

blue_cogs.jpg

We mentioned in our previous newsletter (Vol. 207) that DIAC has begun processing applications on Priority Group 5 (PG5). Currently they are processing PG5 online applications lodged up to 1 August 2008. Although the DIAC website shows they are processing August ones, our office has received request e-mails from case officer for applications lodged in December 2008, so those who lodge application around this time may want to start preparing further documents to submit.

Even though you may think you have provided all the required documents, case officer may still ask for additional documents. For most of the applications, since it must have been more than 1 year since the application was lodged, case officer will request new police checks (from AFP and overseas) and medical check as they are valid only for 1 year.

You can always wait until your case officer requests you in writing but you can also start preparing these documents (only if they are expired), so that the processing goes smoothly after a case officer is allocated and starts checking all your documents.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Where is this link from ? can u post the link please !!

Guest indaussie
to indaussie: how am I going to to the medical ? do they diac specify a clinic to do it or just any? thanks

If you are onshore applicant then contact the Medibank private. They are authorized to do medicals for immigration purpose. Check DIAC website for further info. Or check the following link if you are in australia,..

http://www.medibankhealth.com.au/government_content.asp?t=Visa+Medicals&cid=35

Guest indaussie
Where is this link from ? can u post the link please !!

Actually I don't have the link. It's From Karl Conrad newsletter which they send me by mail so if you want to have alook then pm me ur email ID. I will forward that mail to you. And you can subscribe to his future newsletter at the following link.

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 1, align: center][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/email.jsp?m=1106091886176

hope this helps.

Guys Is it still possible that you get a Case Officer allocated while you are overseas. I am a feb 2009 onshore applicant and going overseas next month. Judging the processing speed of DIAC , I think they will reach feb in about March en & I won't be back in Australia until May end.Any suggestions are welcome!

Guys Is it still possible that you get a Case Officer allocated while you are overseas. I am a feb 2009 onshore applicant and going overseas next month. Judging the processing speed of DIAC , I think they will reach feb in about March en & I won't be back in Australia until May end.Any suggestions are welcome!

I believe, it will not affect getting CO if you were on tour at abroad....

See the next update on 5th March and decide for upfornt med+pcc..

Guest Chandigarh

I applied as a Cook on 3rd Oct 2008..... Still waiting for a CO to be allocated :( ...Have heard CO's being allocated to applicants who lodged in Dec 2008 !!

Anyone knows when will early Oct'08 applicants be contacted?

Thanks.

I applied as a Cook on 3rd Oct 2008..... Still waiting for a CO to be allocated :( ...Have heard CO's being allocated to applicants who lodged in Dec 2008 !!

Thanks.

Send a PLE to know about your application. If you applied through agent, ask them to do the same.

Please keep us updated the outcome.

Thanks.

I think you should wait for a month , You will definately get in next 15 days, The thing is that the files are being distributed to the CO and they are opening it as it comes, because my batch mate got a letter from CO that his application is being allocated to him(CO) and he will send him an email once he starts processing it.

He mentioned it in the email that he will start processing it in next 14 days , and he applied on 28 SEPT 2008.

So that means they have allocated files upto dec 2008 but some case officer might have other application to process before they open his/yours..

Example: Its like 25 files have been distributed to a single case officer for a month and he will open yours once he is finished with the previous one.. Thats why processing chart on DIAC website shows the difference between the files allocated to the news we get from some of our friends here in this blog.!!

Its shows 18 august but as we heard here that dec 2008 has also been allocated so it depends upon individual speed/ case load of that particular CO.

Yes it is 100% possible that your application been allocated to CO even if you are in overseas. He can open it and ask for further documents that needs to be submitted within 28 days.

I would recommend to you .

1. If you have an Migration agent, You should tel him that you are going overseas tell him the dates.

2. Give him your contact number: couple of numbers from your good friends who are in Australia.

3. Give him you Overseas Number atleast 2.

4. Update him your email address.

5. Take agents 2/3 Numbers with you and contact him Once a week.

5. Get your TRN number if its lodged online, Check on IMMIGRATION site regularly, "when it says email sent to you" that means you/your agent has been contacted with CO. ( Sometimes its good not to believe on agents too)

If you don't have agent,

Check your emails daily while you are overseas.

Inbox and Junk/spam too.

Rest Enjoy our holidays !

Guest Chandigarh
Send a PLE to know about your application. If you applied through agent, ask them to do the same.

Please keep us updated the outcome.

Thanks for the reply !! I will surely keep all of you updated :)

Archived