New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

yeah...good news for the weekend at least for us....ahead of a lousy weather in sydney

Any one got the CO , its my friends class mate, Heard from him today

He applied in 28 Sept 2008

886 Skilled Sponsor , COOK, relative Sponsor.

He was sponsored by Relative Living in Australia.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Outa Heah

Reading these comments...I am almost certain ALL 2008 applicants will get their visas this year.

2009 folks like myself here better get ready for 2013 :arghh:...and beyond:SLEEP:

Guest indaussie
Reading these comments...I am almost certain ALL 2008 applicants will get their visas this year.

2009 folks like myself here better get ready for 2013 :arghh:...and beyond:SLEEP:

I would say all 2008 by July and 2009 by dec 12. Good luck

Fingers crossed and everything else too.. Now all we need is for Australian House prices to come back down to Normal and for the Exchange rate £ to Australian Dollar to swing back in the UK's favour. How many requests can one make?

I would say most of them are cook and probably after sept 2008 lots of hair dresser , pastry cooks, community welfare, graphic per press n others will come in . Most of them were cook , IT, accountant in major part of 2008 (With Accountants and IT are already processed !! And other thing is not many 885 in 2008 ,so that's y we are looking 886 applications . And soon When processing will go beyond oct 2008 , you will see lots of 886 + 487 !! Good luck all.

As we are already looking at Sept 2008 applications been allocated in Feb 2012, I would say they will start processing 2009 Files as early as April/May 2012.I think they might reach end of 2010 applications by jan 2013.

Guest guest38808

I would say most of them are cook and probably after sept 2008 lots of hair dresser , pastry cooks, community welfare, graphic per press n others will come in . Most of them were cook , IT, accountant in major part of 2008 (With Accountants and IT are already processed !! And other thing is not many 885 in 2008 ,so that's y we are looking 886 applications . And soon When processing will go beyond oct 2008 , you will see lots of 886 + 487 !! Good luck all. As we are already looking at Sept 2008 applications been allocated in Feb 2012, I would say they will start processing 2009 Files as early as April/ treat May 2012.I think they might reach end of 2010 applications by jan 2013.
How do u know that there is no more 885 ?ru working in diac or as a MRA.

Guest Guest64761
Are they prioritized onshore cook? Seems DIAC taking Cook quicker or all 2008 apps are cook only!

all 2008 apps are cook only!

maybe hairdresser too, but yeah i am pretty sure it's all cooks

does anyone have any idea of whats going wrong with our dear "diac"

there's nothing happening on category 4 forum, last week it was only 2 co's allocation for category 4n....... nothing on category 5....

all we can read is someone hear something elsewhere..... and published it on the forum......

any prediction from our whitch doctor? where is he gone!!!! :)

its quite boring here!!!!!!

does anyone have any idea of whats going wrong with our dear "diac"

there's nothing happening on category 4 forum, last week it was only 2 co's allocation for category 4n....... nothing on category 5....

all we can read is someone hear something elsewhere..... and published it on the forum......

any prediction from our whitch doctor? where is he gone!!!! :)

its quite boring here!!!!!!

well this forum unfortunately represents a small portion of people who apply for PR application

as long as the forthnightly update is keep progressing forward at the rate we've seen in these 2 months, i'm content enough to wait a bit more

All I can add is that who knows what will happen to the processing when SkillSelect comes in. Does an invite guarantee a positive outcome? Will they invite 1000 applicants a week considering 1000 cases are allocated per week to COs? Will priorities change in July? Will all current GSM applicants be put in one heap (current Cat 1s, 3-5) and SkillSelect the other giving SkillSelect the higher priority? Let's hope as many applicants are granted visas before July because who knows what's coming.

All I can add is that who knows what will happen to the processing when SkillSelect comes in. Does an invite guarantee a positive outcome? Will they invite 1000 applicants a week considering 1000 cases are allocated per week to COs? Will priorities change in July? Will all current GSM applicants be put in one heap (current Cat 1s, 3-5) and SkillSelect the other giving SkillSelect the higher priority? Let's hope as many applicants are granted visas before July because who knows what's coming.

If my agent is reliable in terms of information such as this, she mentioned that skillselect WONT affect us who submitted before 1 july 2012

but do expect a rush of application in the coming months, which i honestly say would effect us cat5s a little or none at all

Hi guys, I just got a CO today via email. I didn't expect to get this quick. I applied Aug 2008. 885 cook . Just want to cheer up you guys who are still waiting for a CO. please be patience. you guys will get one soon

Guest Outa Heah
Hi guys, I just got a CO today via email. I didn't expect to get this quick. I applied Aug 2008. 885 cook . Just want to cheer up you guys who are still waiting for a CO. please be patience. you guys will get one soon

Congrats, Iboon.

To the folks who got COs...(seemingly all cooks???) did you get that letter from DIAC a while back advising that "your application is now in Priority Group 5" ? (As in no longer Group 4). Just curious. I think someone asked this question here but I don't remember what the answer was. There was this group-letter going around town and some folks didn't get it...some did and we were all yada yada about why some didn't. Wanna know if the guys getting COs are the ones that got it.

Kindly advise.

Thanks guys

Hi iboon

Are u onshore or offshore

xenos1987 is correct I am onshore.

========================

I was the guy who came to this forum regularly and read every single post about our friends in Group5. Last year I almost decided to get a Employer sponsorship visa but after I heard immi will process group5 very soon. So I changed my mind to just sit and wait. Dont need to be hassle.

My timeline is not much at all.All of my documents were sent to immi on 18 Aug 2008 except Medical Report. and wait wait till 17 Feb 2012 I just got email from CO from GSM Brisbane.

I didn't use Agent or Lawyer. I applied by myself.

All group5 applications you guys will get one soon.

I just have a silly question to ask you guys. I still have the Medical Exam Report with me on 2008. I still didn't open it. Can do I still use that 2008 report or I need to do a new one?

Thanks

Iboon

Archived