New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Guest Chandigarh
I think you should wait for a month , You will definately get in next 15 days, The thing is that the files are being distributed to the CO and they are opening it as it comes, because my batch mate got a letter from CO that his application is being allocated to him(CO) and he will send him an email once he starts processing it.

He mentioned it in the email that he will start processing it in next 14 days , and he applied on 28 SEPT 2008.

So that means they have allocated files upto dec 2008 but some case officer might have other application to process before they open his/yours..

Example: Its like 25 files have been distributed to a single case officer for a month and he will open yours once he is finished with the previous one.. Thats why processing chart on DIAC website shows the difference between the files allocated to the news we get from some of our friends here in this blog.!!

Its shows 18 august but as we heard here that dec 2008 has also been allocated so it depends upon individual speed/ case load of that particular CO.

Cheers Dhawan!! As aituhin suggested, I will follow up on my case and send a PLE (lodged the case myself). Will keep all ya guys posted if I come across any info. :) Best Wishes to everyone.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever win the Leadership battle today within the Labor Party, hope they don't bring back Chris Evan as the Immigration Minister.

However, it is most certain that a new Immigration Misnister will be in place because Chris Bowen will be offered another portfolio.

OMG......!

Guest kandaan

Hi Guys,

I have been a silent observer for a very looooong time. I had sponsored my sister for a permanent visa and she has been granted a CO today.

Here are the details:

Subclass 886

Application date: 25 Sep 2008

Priority: 5

Case officer is from team 31 Brisbane.

Cheers!

Guest ChittyChargo
Hi Guys,

I have been a silent observer for a very looooong time. I had sponsored my sister for a permanent visa and she has been granted a CO today.

Here are the details:

Subclass 886

Cheers!

What is her occupation please

Whoever win the Leadership battle today within the Labor Party, hope they don't bring back Chris Evan as the Immigration Minister.

However, it is most certain that a new Immigration Misnister will be in place because Chris Bowen will be offered another portfolio.

OMG......!

Nothing will happn.. just wait n watch !!

Hi Guys,

Here are the details:

Subclass 886

Cheers!

and the same with me - I have watched and watched for 3 years and 4 months, and am now getting hopeful. 176 family sponsored Life Scientist October 30th 2008 app - well done you!

Guest ChittyChargo
Hi Chitty, One of my friend has got her CO last week, she applied 886 as a hairdresser in 26/10/2008. hope it helps :)

Thats good if its going like that my Wife is hairdresser lodged Jan 09 thanks

Hi Guys, quick question,

How long does it take for a visa to be granted(or not) once you have your C.O appointed.

Also, do you have to do the ielts test again ?(considering i applied 3 years ago)

cheers.

Hi Guys, quick question,

How long does it take for a visa to be granted(or not) once you have your C.O appointed.

Also, do you have to do the ielts test again ?(considering i applied 3 years ago)

cheers.

Hey Thiago, no nned for IELTS. Usually it will be only medicals and Australian Federal Police Clearance. Sometimes the Case officer will ask for your countrys police clearance, but its very rare.

I had my case officer allocated on the 25th of Jan. All documents were uploaded on by the 22nd of Feb. Still no News from the case officer.

So close yet no response. Has anyone who was allocated a case officer got the PR approval. Please let us know how long it takes so im not checking my emails every two mins!

Hi, can you let us know what visa eg 175 or 885? and your occupation and time line please. Good luck, hope you hear some good news soon.

885 onshore application Logded in May 2008.

3 years and 3 months and finally my agent calls me this morning to tell me I have a CO and need to resubmit meds & PC! I'm sure I'll wake up in a few minutes and find it was just a dream.

Only a couple of updates and Diac is already Up to December... That's nearly the whole of 2008 in about 3 to 4 months... That's impressive!

Guest Chandigarh

I lodged a PLE (Post Lodgement Enquiry) and was told that a case officer has been assigned some 2+ weeks ago.

But the CO has not yet contacted me. Anyone knows timeframe of a typical wait??

Lodged by self on 3rd Oct 2008.

I lodged a PLE (Post Lodgement Enquiry) and was told that a case officer has been assigned some 2+ weeks ago.

Congrats Chandi....

You can proceed to update PCC and Med .......I am sure you will hear from CO so soon.

3 years and 3 months and finally my agent calls me this morning to tell me I have a CO and need to resubmit meds & PC! I'm sure I'll wake up in a few minutes and find it was just a dream.

Wake up after couple of weeks, your dream will come true!

Great news, hope for everyone with a bit of luck

Guest pippa1

Woohoo !! I'm 15th Dec 2008 ....please no more changes , announcements, regulations, directions, policies or anything else now .....so near and yet........

I wondered where you'd gone jeffster, really pleased for you :)

Woohoo !! I'm 15th Dec 2008 ....please no more changes , announcements, regulations, directions, policies or anything else now .....so near and yet........

I wondered where you'd gone jeffster, really pleased for you :)

Just keep the momentum up for 3 more months at least please!!!

As I told u before , its been distributed among CO its just matter of time when he will open it !! wait n watch..!!

Archived