gr8leo87

I sent my new passport details to CO ... and in reply she asked me some questions that most of the people are asked ...

I booked my medicals keeping in mind it's finalisation time immediately after those questions ...

Just curious- You FL you meds on 14/12/2012, so shouldnt initial entry date be 14/12/2013. When you uploaded your PCC?. Even if you uploaded your PCC in Feb2013, I think they would give initial entry date based on PCC or MED which ever is earlier and in this case it should be 14/12/2013.

Probably Iam missing something here :)

Ok , you uploaded your PCC on 8/2/2013, but usually dont they give initial date based on Med or PCC which ever is earlier

(or is it which ever is the later)

Confused now :daydreaming:

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just curious- You FL you meds on 14/12/2012, so shouldnt initial entry date be 14/12/2013. When you uploaded your PCC?. Even if you uploaded your PCC in Feb2013, I think they would give initial entry date based on PCC or MED which ever is earlier and in this case it should be 14/12/2013.

Ok , you uploaded your PCC on 8/2/2013, but usually dont they give initial date based on Med or PCC which ever is earlier

u r right about the dates and I also can't fathom it ...

but lets say .... in my incase I think its ''whichever CO wishes'' ... :)

also I don't know if its a standard thing ... below statement is there on the grant letter ...

First entry date

You must make your first entry to Australia before 08 February 2014. It is not possible to change this date.

Hi bro,

I guess tax is getting TXN number. correct? can you please share what is medi and claims?

Brother, in Australia its called TFN ( Tax file number).Procedure is very easy, you can do it online. Further, medi is medicare. You have to go the the centerlink office with your passports and child birth certificate and they will register you for medical. From then your medical is free ( at public hospitals) and medicines are concessional. You get your card in 2 weeks at your residential address.

As for claims...I had a child with me and I was looking for a job, so I was eligible for monthly payment of USD 600. You have to filed the claim with all your details on the "human services" website. Very good welfare support system.

Salam to all,

Thanks to Allah, I got my visa grant letter today. I checked my email after a very frustrating and long day at office and now I can't figure out what to write.

my timeline is as follows:

Visa lodged: 19-12-2011

CO Assigned: 10-01-2012

Med referred (Front Loaded): 14-12-2012

Med Finalised: 07-04-2013

Visa Granted: 06-06-2013

I wish a very good luck to all the guys waiting, especially to people from 2011. This long anticipation was very excruciating and I was almost on the edge of insanity. My sincere prayers are with those who are going through this period and once again wish them good luck.

Regards,

Dawood Khan

heartiest congrats.... wish you a happy life

Brother, in Australia its called TFN ( Tax file number).Procedure is very easy, you can do it online. Further, medi is medicare. You have to go the the centerlink office with your passports and child birth certificate and they will register you for medical. From then your medical is free ( at public hospitals) and medicines are concessional. You get your card in 2 weeks at your residential address. As for claims...I had a child with me and I was looking for a job, so I was eligible for monthly payment of USD 600. You have to filed the claim with all your details on the "human services" website. Very good welfare support system.
AOA Malikthanks for sharing this valuable info will all of us. I would be thankful if you could put some more light on monthly payment. e.g. like I have 4 daughters I will be eligible for 600 x 4 and procedure to apply.

AOA Malikthanks for sharing this valuable info will all of us. I would be thankful if you could put some more light on monthly payment. e.g. like I have 4 daughters I will be eligible for 600 x 4 and procedure to apply.

Every thing should be done in Centralink, Payments depend upon your earning. The more you earn the less would be the Family assistance.

Western Australia ...

adding to it, I initially applied for SA but was refused after 60 days, due to my own mistake in filling the online form ...

I applied for it again but another 60 days wait was just not acceptable .... so I applied for WA SS and got it in 14 hours ...

later SA also accepted my SS application and they even extended its deadline of 30 days to 6 months but by then I already had applied under WA SS ...

true story ... :)

Dear Dawood,

Such things happen for purpose and inshaAllah you’ll find it in ur favor. I am sponsored by WA as well so will look forward to your success. Im sure your new challenge will be to gather info about when to land, where to stay etc.

If you find time please keep us updated.

Regards,

ICT Business Analyst | Online 176 Applied MAY2012 (Perth, WA) | Form80 sent June2012 | Waiting..

Brother, in Australia its called TFN ( Tax file number).Procedure is very easy, you can do it online. Further, medi is medicare. You have to go the the centerlink office with your passports and child birth certificate and they will register you for medical. From then your medical is free ( at public hospitals) and medicines are concessional. You get your card in 2 weeks at your residential address.

As for claims...I had a child with me and I was looking for a job, so I was eligible for monthly payment of USD 600. You have to filed the claim with all your details on the "human services" website. Very good welfare support system.

As far I have read GSM get no support for first two years. What type of claim is it, child care or can you please give us exact name of category you applied for.

As far I have read GSM get no support for first two years. What type of claim is it, child care or can you please give us exact name of category you applied for.

Not entitled for UNEMPLOYMENT ALLOWANCE, Family assistance and Child support can be claimed from v first day

When my meds got finalized and Med docs were still required in document list, I sent an email to CO asking if we are good medically and no problem bla bla. Another member of the team replied instead of my CO confirming that meds are OK and valid till May-14. Which means meds are valid 1 year from finalized date not the date of submission or referred which was Jan-13.

I wasn't sure about the validity, but now I think she was right and validity is 1 year from finalization date.

When my meds got finalized and Med docs were still required in document list, I sent an email to CO asking if we are good medically and no problem bla bla. Another member of the team replied instead of my CO confirming that meds are OK and valid till May-14. Which means meds are valid 1 year from finalized date not the date of submission or referred which was Jan-13.

I wasn't sure about the validity, but now I think she was right and validity is 1 year from finalization date.

But it seems that after looking at bro Dawood case that CO can grant entry date either on MED or PCC date, initially I thought and also other members got initial entry date based on which ever was earlier. So it seems its completely on CO discrertion.

2012 Applicants. Gear up... grants / calls are just around the corner for all of us . InshAllah.

:ssign12:

Visa applied: 176 SS (no dependents)

Visa application date: 12th June 2012

CO assigned: 9th July 2012

Medical and PCC call: 17th May 2013

Visa Granted: 7th June 2013

176 applicant CO assigned Jul2012 got visa today . Applicant name : Sulemain Mehfooz

This applicant was born and brought up in Dubai and had small duration visits to Pakistan

Dear Dawood,

Such things happen for purpose and inshaAllah you’ll find it in ur favor. I am sponsored by WA as well so will look forward to your success. Im sure your new challenge will be to gather info about when to land, where to stay etc.

If you find time please keep us updated.

Regards,

ICT Business Analyst | Online 176 Applied MAY2012 (Perth, WA) | Form80 sent June2012 | Waiting..

Thank you for your kind and sincere words ...

I will be going to Sydney for a few months ... get back and complete my final MBA semester here at KU ... next year I will move permanently to Perth inshaAllah ...

will help whatever that is in my capacity ... I have seen some very tough time in my life but this waiting period inflicted the worst and long prevailing mental torture ... and I pray that all the guys waiting for their SC to finish, get their grants soon ...

Stay safe ...

Today marks 1st anniversary since I lodged my 176 application on June 8, 2012 and I hope it is the last one as well.

I am going to F/L my Meds next week Inshallah. Got the appointment and looking forward to it.

Fingers crossed x

I will be going to Sydney for a few months ...

All the best for your future endeavours. Just wondering; isn't it necessary for 176 guys to visit the sponsorship state for visa validation? Can we just land in any state for validation, and return without visiting the state which has provided sponsorship (like WA in your case)?

Tauseef Sahib be happy... with four daughters you will get someting like $2000 thats is enough for you to sit home and enjoy... :biggrin:

All the best for your future endeavours. Just wondering; isn't it necessary for 176 guys to visit the sponsorship state for visa validation? Can we just land in any state for validation, and return without visiting the state which has provided sponsorship (like WA in your case)?

Thank you ...

yes ... you can land anywhere in Australia for validation of your 176 visa ... and return ...

Today marks 1st anniversary since I lodged my 176 application on June 8, 2012 and I hope it is the last one as well.

I am going to F/L my Meds next week Inshallah. Got the appointment and looking forward to it.

Fingers crossed x

Bro Msvayani, are you from Karachi ? Someone on this forum wrote that that IOM is not allowing applicants to F/L medicals ? They need a copy of medical email request ? If it is true, how did you manage to get the appointment ? Did you tell IOM that you want to 'FRONT LOAD' medicals ? Reply please...

For me, it has been 25 months after visa application (having 18 months after CO allocation). I am now seriously thinking to F/L medicals.:skeptical:

Fingers crossed x

I also conpleted one year today and pray that we all get visas this year itself.

Bro Msvayani, are you from Karachi ? Someone on this forum wrote that that IOM is not allowing applicants to F/L medicals ? They need a copy of medical email request ? If it is true, how did you manage to get the appointment ? Did you tell IOM that you want to 'FRONT LOAD' medicals ? Reply please...

For me, it has been 25 months after visa application (having 18 months after CO allocation). I am now seriously thinking to F/L medicals.:skeptical:

Well.. this is a news to me. My understanding is that anyone who has the "health link" available can F/L the meds. As per excel sheet, many Pakistani applicants have done that so I guess there should not be any problem. So I'll go as scheduled and will see what happens. I've got the printouts of Form 26EH and 160EH and will take them along with other requirements.

Yes, I'm from Karachi and IOM didn't ask for the CO email or about frontloading. I just gave them the TRN number with other identification details and they booked the appointment.

Could you please share the post link that you are talking about? That will be great.

@ 047

for Karachi ... call 03062922575 ... book a date ... tell them u r front loading ... they will tell u about the procedure, documents, photocopies etc required ...

they only need TRN number ...

they told me to bring the document below attached as image ... I forgot to do so ... at the counter I just wrote my TRN on a piece of paper ... I never knew or downloaded any forms ...

The documents they asked were,

1. Fee: PKR 5600/- cash (now they are charging 5800/- I guess for adult and half of it for a child)

2. Photos x 02

3. Passport copy x 02 and original

4. Attached image below

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Hope this helps ...

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Archived