gr8leo87

Dear Dawood & Rezasol,

There is no way I am contradicting you from legal point of view. In fact, I am already worried about moving to Perth as when I applied, ICT BA was in demand there but now they removed it from their SOL and now it’s listed in VIC’s list. I don’t know anyone in WA either.

But you can see how djMalik’s link has fueled my concern. So I will try to land there do my best and will inform DIAC if God forbid it’s not working for me. After all we have more obligations towards our family as compared to state. Citizenship comes second.

ICT Business Analyst | Visa: 176 SS(WA) Applied MAY2012 | Form80 sent JUN2012 | Waiting..

Yup .. That's the right approach. As for djMalik's link, I think OP's friend didn't even seek formal consent from home State before moving out. If she had, her application would have been cleared.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REPORTING

Another 190 grant

Name: Reehan

NSW SS Applied: Oct 30, 2012

SS Received: Jan 21, 2013

Visa Applied: March 08, 2013

CO Assigned: April 05, 2013

Medicals/PCC Done: April 15, 2013

Medicals Uploaded: April 24, 2013 (Not sure if referred)

Visa Grant: June 10, 2013

Recently, I have started this feeling that I should call my CO and say Hi and app. status etc. It will be my first call. Just want to know how often do you call or how many calls have you made so far.

Is it wise and ok to call CO? What kind of response they give, I mean friendly or cold?

Recently, I have started this feeling that I should call my CO and say Hi and app. status etc. It will be my first call. Just want to know how often do you call or how many calls have you made so far.

Is it wise and ok to call CO? What kind of response they give, I mean friendly or cold?

Depends on they visa type. Genrally 17X applicants are just asked to be patient and wait for everything to be completed. Probably EOI applicants are treated better.

It would make no difference. I agree with the comment that 17x applicants just have to be patient. Have a look at my time lines. My advice would be to forget that you have applied for the visa and get on with daily routine. Easier said than done though. But seriously the other option of agonizing over the application, for what might well turn out to be another year, is just not worth it.

Alhamdolillah, I'm done with F/L my medicals today at IOM Karachi. The whole process took exactly 3.5 hours. According to doctors, all tests seems clear but final result will be processed in 24 hours.

The guy at the counter said the results will be uploaded in 8-10 days rather than 2 days because my TRN was not activated for eMedical. So they will send a request to DIAC and my results will be uploaded once my TRN is activated.

Alhamdolillah, I'm done with F/L my medicals today at IOM Karachi. The whole process took exactly 3.5 hours. According to doctors, all tests seems clear but final result will be processed in 24 hours.

The guy at the counter said the results will be uploaded in 8-10 days rather than 2 days because my TRN was not activated for eMedical. So they will send a request to DIAC and my results will be uploaded once my TRN is activated.

you did inform your CO that you intend to FL the meds right?

if you did, the link would've been activated..

anyway.. gluck!

Our TRN number didn`t show up when I called to make the appointment for medicals and we had to email our CO to request it ( he somehow activated it in 2 days and it went straight to the doctor`s office). At the time of the appointment we already had it, it`s online so as soon as doc is done with it, DIAC receives it. I would drop an email to CO just in case. Looks like you`re on the roll, I can see a grant coming :biggrin:

No, I didn't inform my CO. I never thought that TRN needs to get activated and IOM didn't told me as well at the time of the appointment.

I think informing my CO just now seems to be a good idea then I can call IOM and tell them that my TRN is now active. Might take less days than 8-10 as suggested by IOM.

No, I didn't inform my CO. I never thought that TRN needs to get activated and IOM didn't told me as well at the time of the appointment.

I think informing my CO just now seems to be a good idea then I can call IOM and tell them that my TRN is now active. Might take less days than 8-10 as suggested by IOM.

Hello

What does TRN activation here means ? I just asked CO that I intend to do my medicals and she gave me green signal to get it done. I would not like to ask her again and to bother her, probably being a 176 I have to keep a patient attitude and not bugging my CO again and again. So, hopefully it should be ok to get my medicals done, but as you said even if my trn will not be activated, there will be no issue and it would be matter of time before clinic asks DIAC to activate. So should be smooth sailing :)

Hi guys,

I am planning to land in Perth on 5th July. I bought the tickets, this is only the validation trip. Anyone knows how to approach the job search. Although I am staying for only one week. I had a discussion with some recruiters (Hays, Robert half etc) a couple of days back and they were very pesimistic about landing a job in such a short time. I understand that they are right, but can anyone advice me some one to one contacts for the job search. I can extend the trip by another one week or so if there are any chances..... Feedback requested :)

Hello

What does TRN activation here means ? I just asked CO that I intend to do my medicals and she gave me green signal to get it done. I would not like to ask her again and to bother her, probably being a 176 I have to keep a patient attitude and not bugging my CO again and again. So, hopefully it should be ok to get my medicals done, but as you said even if my trn will not be activated, there will be no issue and it would be matter of time before clinic asks DIAC to activate. So should be smooth sailing :)

Don't worry .. If she gave you green signal, then your TRN should already be active.

Hello

Good news imi, very good news indeed. Just get it done with.

Did she mention anything about when the checks are expected to complete?

Hi guys,

I am planning to land in Perth on 5th July. I bought the tickets, this is only the validation trip. Anyone knows how to approach the job search. Although I am staying for only one week. I had a discussion with some recruiters (Hays, Robert half etc) a couple of days back and they were very pesimistic about landing a job in such a short time. I understand that they are right, but can anyone advice me some one to one contacts for the job search. I can extend the trip by another one week or so if there are any chances..... Feedback requested :)

I would say just extend the validation trip to 2 weeks and enjoy it as a pure vacation, with nothing in the back of the mind. Even switch off your cell phone if you can.

You deserve to give yourself a treat after such a tiresome journey.

Hi,

Found below linked post on another forum regarding job scenario, may be of help to prospective immigrants.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/1044850-post4.html

Regards,

Hi guys,

Good news imi, very good news indeed. Just get it done with.

Did she mention anything about when the checks are expected to complete?

Yes, actually she could not confirm about its completion because this security thing is totally out of DIACs control. However seeing the 2102 applicants getting medical calls, I think it would be good to get it done. Even if it takes 1-3 months to finalize, it would be good to get it finalize before the security check actually completes. So lets hope for the best.

Well.. this is a news to me. My understanding is that anyone who has the "health link" available can F/L the meds. As per excel sheet, many Pakistani applicants have done that so I guess there should not be any problem. So I'll go as scheduled and will see what happens. I've got the printouts of Form 26EH and 160EH and will take them along with other requirements. Yes, I'm from Karachi and IOM didn't ask for the CO email or about frontloading. I just gave them the TRN number with other identification details and they booked the appointment.

@ 047 for Karachi ... call 03062922575 ... book a date ... tell them u r front loading ... they will tell u about the procedure, documents, photocopies etc required ... they only need TRN number ... they told me to bring the document below attached as image ... I forgot to do so ... at the counter I just wrote my TRN on a piece of paper ... I never knew or downloaded any forms ... The documents they asked were, 1. Fee: PKR 5600/- cash (now they are charging 5800/- I guess for adult and half of it for a child) 2. Photos x 02 3. Passport copy x 02 and original 4. Attached image below Hope this helps ...

MSVAYANAI and DAWOOD Thanks you for this really valuable information. One more thing, the following medicals forms are appearing in my online status page: Primary Applicant (Myself): Form 26EH and Form 160EH Secondary Applicant (Wife): Form 26EH and Form 160EH Secondary Applicant (Child 1): Form 26EH only -------------------(160EH N/A) Secondary Applicant (Child 2): No form under his name----------(26EH & 160EH both N/A) Will this be a problem (for F/L medicals) i.e some forms are N/A. Will the doctor/ concerned checks these forms. In your case Msvayani, did they check these forms ??

Well.. this is a news to me. My understanding is that anyone who has the "health link" available can F/L the meds. As per excel sheet, many Pakistani applicants have done that so I guess there should not be any problem. So I'll go as scheduled and will see what happens. I've got the printouts of Form 26EH and 160EH and will take them along with other requirements. Yes, I'm from Karachi and IOM didn't ask for the CO email or about frontloading. I just gave them the TRN number with other identification details and they booked the appointment.

@ 047 for Karachi ... call 03062922575 ... book a date ... tell them u r front loading ... they will tell u about the procedure, documents, photocopies etc required ... they only need TRN number ... they told me to bring the document below attached as image ... I forgot to do so ... at the counter I just wrote my TRN on a piece of paper ... I never knew or downloaded any forms ... The documents they asked were, 1. Fee: PKR 5600/- cash (now they are charging 5800/- I guess for adult and half of it for a child) 2. Photos x 02 3. Passport copy x 02 and original 4. Attached image below Hope this helps ...

MSVAYANAI and DAWOOD Thanks you for this really valuable information. One more thing, the following medicals forms are appearing in my online status page: Primary Applicant (Myself): Form 26EH and Form 160EH Secondary Applicant (Wife): Form 26EH and Form 160EH Secondary Applicant (Child 1): Form 26EH only -------------------(160EH N/A) Secondary Applicant (Child 2): No form under his name----------(26EH & 160EH both N/A) Will this be a problem (for F/L medicals) i.e some forms are N/A. Will the doctor/ concerned checks these forms. In your case Msvayani, did they check these forms ??

IMO, as long as you can print 26EH and 160EH from online visa application with your TRN, date of birth and named filled in for the entire family, you are good to go.

Because when you call clinic, they do say bring the medical forms with TRN printed on them.

Hi guys,

Hi IMAKHAN

Best of luck for your future. I think LinkedIn will be your biggest help as I found out on different forums.

Did you research that 1 week is enough for all the validation formalities? Please keep us updated about your plan.

Regards,

Any grant or call recently? NO?. My assumption is that the quota for this year for most of the occupations is already over so good news could be after 1st July. :eek:

no i dont think so quota is applicable on already in process applications.

IMO, as long as you can print 26EH and 160EH from online visa application with your TRN, date of birth and named filled in for the entire family, you are good to go. Because when you call clinic, they do say bring the medical forms with TRN printed on them.
Does it means I have to bring total 08 printed forms for F/L medicals (for 04 applicants, as in my case). I only got 05 in my online status. Can I F/L medical in these conditions ?

Does it means I have to bring total 08 printed forms for F/L medicals (for 04 applicants, as in my case). I only got 05 in my online status. Can I F/L medical in these conditions ?

Form26 and 160 are for adults and Form26 only for children. so assuming you have 4 applicants in your application then F26 and F160 for you and your wife and F26 for your 2 children.

So it would make total of 6 forms for you. Which one you have missing, F26 or F160 ?

So seems you have one form missing for your child that is F26.

Archived