457 processing times

Lexi

457 Visa granted today! Application was made on 28 April. Delighted!

Really? My application was made in March and I've still not been approved :cry: But apparently my "nomination" was approved last night. So I suppose it's some progress.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest onceageek

My saga continues! After a brief rejoice that my "application" was approved email from my employer - i started the online application with the TRN. Halfway through, felt the chill - it was the sponsor application and not the nomination! My employer called their 'contact' in the immigration office and was told the nomination might take 3-4 weeks! Hence, asked me to do the paper application! Its says on the immi website that online would be given priority!:no:

I will try to get the TRN request via the webpage and see what happens!!!

Guest sunilisa

I have seen a number of questions relating to medicals on a 457 visa so thought i would post our Experience. We have been granted our 457 Sponsored visa. My dh is a doctor and had to have a medical as working in hospital, however my self and the children did not have to have medicals. Hope this helps.

Sunilisa.x

Guest Let me in

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!:jiggy:

Guest vicstick
Thanks Vic! Did your employer apply for the nomination via paper as well? If so, how long did that take?

Thanks!

Hi,

yes I believe so although they did it in December last year and it took about 2 days!

V

Guest journeydownunder

Congrats! I can't work out why some take less than a month and some take over three! Our friends only took 8 days!

Guest finnoodles

...and FYI: Irish citizens don't need medical insurance and I was not asked for Police checks.

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Our visa's have been granted!!

It has taken 29 days from submitting the application to application granted.

Felt completely numb yesterday, now REALLY REALLY EXCITED!!!

We have the letting agent coming around to take pictures of the house next Tuesday, so a mad rush this weekend to make the house uncluttered.

Ebay and Gumtree will be our best friends over the next week as everything now has to be sold.

Can not wait to book the plane tickets, we hope to fly out around 20th June (just after our eldest daughters birthday).

Can not believe it is actually happening, we are actually moving to PERTH YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks everyone for all the info over the past few months, it really felt like were not alone and PIO really has kept me sane.

Colette x

Now

We have the letting agent coming around to take pictures of the house next Tuesday, so a mad rush this weekend to make the house uncluttered.

Ebay and Gumtree will be our best friends over the next week as everything now has to be sold.

Can not wait to book the plane tickets, we hope to fly out around 20th June (just after our eldest daughters birthday).

Can not believe it is actually happening, we are actually moving to PERTH YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks everyone for all the info over the past few months, it really felt like were not alone and PIO really has kept me sane.

Colette x

Now

Many congrates

Guest Let me in
yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Felt completely numb yesterday, now really really excited!!!

We have the letting agent coming around to take pictures of the house next tuesday, so a mad rush this weekend to make the house uncluttered.

Ebay and gumtree will be our best friends over the next week as everything now has to be sold.

Can not wait to book the plane tickets, we hope to fly out around 20th june (just after our eldest daughters birthday).

Can not believe it is actually happening, we are actually moving to perth yipeeeeeeeeeeeee

thanks everyone for all the info over the past few months, it really felt like were not alone and pio really has kept me sane.

Colette x

now

congratulations colette, great news!!! See you in wa!!

Guest onceageek

My employers found that the nomination will take 3-4weeks and they want me to file the 457 as paper! I guess I will go ahead and post knowing e457 will be given priority! Wish me luck friends!

Guest Let me in

Australian Government Announcement

The Australian Government has announced as part of the 2011-12 Budget that they will provide an additional $10 million of funding to the 457 visa program, in a bid to halve the average processing time for this visa class.

Recent data shows that currently, 457 visa applications take an average of 22 calendar days to process, but it is expected that with the extra funding this time will be cut to an average of 10 calendar days.

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) have stated that they will also establish a new processing centre in Brisbane, in an effort to further reduce processing times.

Guest journeydownunder
My employers found that the nomination will take 3-4weeks and they want me to file the 457 as paper! I guess I will go ahead and post knowing e457 will be given priority! Wish me luck friends!

I'm in the same boat. My employers submitted the nomination application via the paper route so I have had to submit mine by paper too. It was either that or wait for the nomination to be approved which they didn't want me to do. I put all the paper work together and sent it to my employers to forward on, which they did on the 6th May so it is just a case of waiting now. I haven't had my reference number or anything yet but apparently they have told my employer I will receive it in "the coming days!" Whatever that means.

Anyway, let me know how you progress. There aren't many other people who have done the paper application so its hard to benchmark the time that it takes for them to be processed. I'll let you know once I hear anything more.

Good Luck.

Emma

Guest journeydownunder

Just got a call from my migration agent that our state sponsorship for our permanent visa has been approved! At this rate, our 176 residency visa could be through before our 457 visa!!

Colette x

Now

congratulations.. great feeling init!.. now the panic starts!..we found finding a holiday let at a reasonable price the hardest part (oh, and the spanish customs being a pain with our car in our container!!!)

Australian Government Announcement

The Australian Government has announced as part of the 2011-12 Budget that they will provide an additional $10 million of funding to the 457 visa program, in a bid to halve the average processing time for this visa class.

Recent data shows that currently, 457 visa applications take an average of 22 calendar days to process, but it is expected that with the extra funding this time will be cut to an average of 10 calendar days.

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) have stated that they will also establish a new processing centre in Brisbane, in an effort to further reduce processing times.

excellent news

Guest tracy nasim

hello do you have to be sponcered by an employer in Australia before you can apply for the 457 visa? As you can tell i am confused where to start.

congratulations.. great feeling init!.. now the panic starts!..we found finding a holiday let at a reasonable price the hardest part (oh, and the spanish customs being a pain with our car in our container!!!)

Many Thanks I still can not believe it, we are going to OZ!!!!!!!

Now is the mad rush. We have the letting agent coming around on Tuesday next week to take pictures of the house and to put it on the market. So much to do!!!

Luckily my new job are going to arrange for a holiday let and car rental for our first week, so we can have a look for a long term let.

As soon as the house is rented we are going to buy our plane tickets and then a week later fly out (hope to be out by the last week of June).

Have you booked your flights yet?

hello do you have to be sponcered by an employer in Australia before you can apply for the 457 visa? As you can tell i am confused where to start.

Hi

Yes you need to have a sponsor before applying. I went through a Recruitment agency who arranged interviews for me.

What skills/job do you have? Let me know and I will give you a few contacts.

Regards

Colette

Many Thanks I still can not believe it, we are going to OZ!!!!!!!

Now is the mad rush. We have the letting agent coming around on Tuesday next week to take pictures of the house and to put it on the market. So much to do!!!

Luckily my new job are going to arrange for a holiday let and car rental for our first week, so we can have a look for a long term let.

As soon as the house is rented we are going to buy our plane tickets and then a week later fly out (hope to be out by the last week of June).

Have you booked your flights yet?

Hi Colette

we have booked our flights for wed 26th May.. which gave us 5 days to pack up and move out of Spain, then 12 days in UK to recharge!. we have booked holiday let for three weeks. Where abouts in Perth are you going?.(we are looking around scarborough)

from booking your flight to the date of travel seems to take forever (and that's only a short wait!).. just want to go now!

Guest tracy nasim

hello thank you for the message. I was told that i couldn't go through a recruitment agency. I work in the Nhs as a receptionist/Medical records officer. Also i'm a hairdresser.

Hi Colette

we have booked our flights for wed 26th May.. which gave us 5 days to pack up and move out of Spain, then 12 days in UK to recharge!. we have booked holiday let for three weeks. Where abouts in Perth are you going?.(we are looking around scarborough)

from booking your flight to the date of travel seems to take forever (and that's only a short wait!).. just want to go now!

You lucky thing. We are hoping to fly out around 20th June. We will be staying around central Perth for the first week and then will be looking around Currambine/Clarkson/Padbury for long term let.

Just can not wait to get our house rented out and then we can start moving.

We will have to try and meet up for a bottle of wine to celebrate when we eventually get there.

Guest Let me in
You lucky thing. We are hoping to fly out around 20th June. We will be staying around central Perth for the first week and then will be looking around Currambine/Clarkson/Padbury for long term let.

Just can not wait to get our house rented out and then we can start moving.

We will have to try and meet up for a bottle of wine to celebrate when we eventually get there.

How exciting!! Good luck!!

Hopefully we will be out there around that time? My apps been in two weeks now, the agent has told me to expect 4-6 weeks.

My sister-in-law is a letting agent in the northern suburbs, we'll be staying with them for a few weeks in Iluka. My job will be based in Cottesloe so we will need to be a little closer to the city.

That's great news. You're the first person I have heard of that did a paper application and what a quick turnaround. Gives me hope!! Mine was submitted a week ago about 2 weeks after my employer submitted their paper based nomination so nice to know there is a chance we could get it soon!

Keep me posted about your application, after much consideration and a full 9 WEEKS waiting on sponsorship and nomination approval we have decided to bin waiting on the ref number and just go on ahead submitt our application by paper... At least we will feel like we are actually doing something and have something submitted from our end. Now to just go organise paperwork, hope for it to be in by Sat morning with any luck. Tired waiting....:eek::confused:

Archived