457 processing times

Lexi

My friend has applied ofr this visa and the money got took out his bank about a week ago. Do you think this means he will get it soon?

sorry dont know the answer, In our situation, the companies money was received same day apt was sent online... Ours just says progress commenced they were sent 17 days ago (just the final part all nominations have already be approved)... I have been told that its between 4-6 weeks.... Just a waiting game now.....

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where: Perth WA

Who: Me, Wife and 2 Kids

Type: Online Application

13/03/2011: Job Offer

22/03/2011: Employer application made

06/05/2011: Nomination Approved

16/05/2011: My e457 (1106) application made - processing commenced

Emailed them twice asking for estimated initial look at application and total processing times

Guest Let me in

Emailed them twice asking for estimated initial look at application and total processing times

Good luck Karl, let me know how you get on. ~

Paul

Guest Let me in
anyone know how long this stage takes in WA? we have been living with relatives for weeks as it 'wasnt going to be long' now considering renting a house again

It's a wait and see unfortunatley, there is not any specified timescale. Some people get there's within a couple of days of nomination approval, some it takes a few weeks.

The waiting is a pain, I'm due to start my job on Monday 6th in Perth. My nomination was approved on the 21st May, but my app still shows "processing commenced".

Hopefully will not be long!!!!

It's a wait and see unfortunatley, there is not any specified timescale. Some people get there's within a couple of days of nomination approval, some it takes a few weeks.

The waiting is a pain, I'm due to start my job on Monday 6th in Perth. My nomination was approved on the 21st May, but my app still shows "processing commenced".

Hopefully will not be long!!!!

Even if you had a rough idea, it wouldn't be as bad I think...

they maybe need some way of showing your position in the queue etc, how about a progress bar

i think by looking at all this threads thou, its prob average at this stage too take 4-6 weeks

Hi

Our time line so far.

20 May 2011 - Job Offer

30 May 2011 - Received Forms and was told once we have sent in all relevant doc's it would take 4 weeks.

We have to book medicals and get our own health insurance in WA. So I think we may have it all done in 4 weeks...

So the total time will be about 8 weeks.

Ours a little more complicated because we are originally from South Africa and therefore are considered to be in the high risk category for TB. If it weren't for medicals, no more than 5 weeks total!!

Not sure this helps... :)

Just to add - medicals booked, soonest we could get in 6 July...

VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!! Our timeline: Paul, Tracey, Elle, Carla & Lucy the dog

E457 Processing commenced April 21 (bad timing, Easter bank holidays from April 22 - 27)

Further information required May 21 (note this was a Saturday??)

Visa approved May 27

English but living and working in Qatar. Leave Qatar June 30 to UK for 10days and then fly to Sydney

Guest Let me in
VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!! Our timeline: Paul, Tracey, Elle, Carla & Lucy the dog

E457 Processing commenced April 21 (bad timing, Easter bank holidays from April 22 - 27)

Further information required May 21 (note this was a Saturday??)

Visa approved May 27

English but living and working in Qatar. Leave Qatar June 30 to UK for 10days and then fly to Sydney

Great News, Congratiulations. Good luck with the move!!

anyone know how long this stage takes in WA? we have been living with relatives for weeks as it 'wasnt going to be long' now considering renting a house again

Ours took just 48hrs (sorry, I don't mean to gloat).

I think it was so quick due to a number of critical factors;

1. The sponsoring org is a small business

2. The owner of said small business is on mat leave

3. My wife's position is fairly crucial in keeping the business going in the owner's absence

4. The owner had very good communication with us and her case worker

Of course this is speculation, we may have just been lucky.

Don't give up hope and good luck.

Guest onceageek

Got email from case officer for xray and health insurance proof. I hope I can get the e-health done even with my paper application! I heard e-health is faster and is done within a few minutes - Anyone has done paper 457 and got e-health done?

Guest onceageek

emailed the CO for the "Health Examination List". This letter will have an HAP ID which will allow for ehealth to de done. This is way quicker and cheaper than the paper one. Hope I get something online :D

Guest izzie

My partner just had his visa approved...the nomination, sponsorship and vis application were only submitted on Monday!! So his was also turned round within 48 hours...we work for a large organisation that has a relatoinship with the Government, mine only took 4 days and I guess thats why.

good luck to everyone else...I've been here for 2 months...and it's great!

x

I am truly hoping someone can help me. Our potential employer submitted his paper based sponsorship and nomination application on 23rd march. After waiting ten full weeks on a sponsor/nomination approval number to submit our e457, I gave up and last week submitted a paper based application. At Q40 it ask for either a nomination approval number or a nomination permission request identifier number. As the employer has Insisted for ten weeks he has heard nothing from DIAC Melbourne I left the box empty ad had neither number! We e mailed the Dept querying any progress and the reply states we should have eiher of those two numbers, and also that it is up to the sponsor to chase the application, he did ring in five weeks ago but was told by DIAc he should hear in a couple of days. This is an extract of the e mail I received from Melbourne;

Question 40 on paper form 1066 requires:

If the application for approval as a standard business sponsor and nomination application have been lodged or approved, please indicate the Nomination Permission Request Identifier or the nomination approval number ..

So my prob now is I am starting to worry could DIAC Melbourne never have recieved the sponsors application? Is it standard to received even a conformation letter to acknowledge receipt of any paper application? Any advice would be much appreciated as our sponsors application is now in 11 long weeks, and he claims not to have had any comms from DIAC!

Paper Sponsorship & Nomination submitted 23/03/11, STILL WAITING

Guest Let me in

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!

Logged on this morning after the disappointment of the system being down all day yesterday!!

There it was "Application Approved".

So, I start work in Cottesloe on the 20th!!!

Guest MongooseB
I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!

Logged on this morning after the disappointment of the system being down all day yesterday!!

Congratulations!!!!! Good luck to you, I hope Oz is everything you ever dreamed of!

Guest MongooseB

Hi to everyone who has applied for a 457 visa,

We have been told that the DIAC may require us to have proof of accommodation before approving a visa. Is this true? Can anyone please help me with a link that would give me what I need to know, in black and white?

Thanks!

Guest Let me in

Thanks for the congratulations Mongoose.

It's not a question DIAC asked, I wasn't asked for proof of residence.

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Paul, you must be delighted. Which office was that through?

I think you started on 5 May and your nomination was approved on the 21st and then finalised today, so that is just under a month for the whole process.

As you know, we were the same as you with our nomination and E457 being submitted together, however, we have still not even heard that our nomination has been agreed yet so I suppose we still have at least another 2 weeks of waiting!:arghh:

It is so annoying as my wife signed her contract on 21 April and then sent her documents but because of Easter and all the holidays it wasn't actually submitted until 17 May!:mad: We already feel as if we have been waiting more than 6 weeks, however, in reality it is just over two.

Good luck with the move Paul and keep us posted of how you get on.

Scotty

Guest Let me in
Congratulations Paul, you must be delighted. Which office was that through?

I think you started on 5 May and your nomination was approved on the 21st and then finalised today, so that is just under a month for the whole process.

As you know, we were the same as you with our nomination and E457 being submitted together, however, we have still not even heard that our nomination has been agreed yet so I suppose we still have at least another 2 weeks of waiting!:arghh:

It is so annoying as my wife signed her contract on 21 April and then sent her documents but because of Easter and all the holidays it wasn't actually submitted until 17 May!:mad: We already feel as if we have been waiting more than 6 weeks, however, in reality it is just over two.

Good luck with the move Paul and keep us posted of how you get on.

Scotty

Hi Scotty,

Thanks for the congratulations. I've just been looking at my contract which was signed on the 6th April. The checks that the migration agent were very extensive, coupled with the fact that I needed to go for an X-Ray meant that the 457 was not submitted to the Parametta office until the 5th May.

It is frustrating to see other people have their apps approved and you are just sitting in limbo.

Have you logged on to check the status of your nomination?

Well the hard work starts now, dogs to book into quarantine and the container to organise!!

Keep me updated with your progress.

Paul

Guest tandcmum

can i ask a couple of questions regarding the 457 process

At what point do they ask for medicals, I'm a nurse so i know I will need to have one, and kids are school age so presume they will need them too, and hubby just a chest x-ray?????

Will we need police checks? is there a specific form for these or if not how do you go about getting them done?

How long once your 457 is granted do you have to validate it?

Hi Paul,

We have checked our e457 status everyday and all it says is 'processing commenced'. We asked my wife's employer about the nomination and they just said everyting is going as planned and we should know in the next 4-6 weeks. That is the standard answer really. Can you check the nomination part yourself, if so how did you do it?

You are right about the limbo though - I never realised it would be this hard, but your whole life just seems to go on hold. Every day feels like a month and I can't really focus on anything other than waiting to find out about this damn visa!

Is it just you and the dogs or do you have family moving with you? If you do, then next 18 days will be absolutely manic!

I just looked on the map to see where Cottesloe is - lucky you, it looks fantastic. I was in Fremantle almost 20 years ago and fell in love with the place. That is when I decided that I wanted to move to Oz but it's been a long time coming! My wife's job offer is in Melbourne, but who knows, if we get PR I can see us heading west at some point in time.

I better let you get on as you will have plenty to do now! :-)

Regards,

Scotty

OMG! Justed approved today

02/06/2011: APPROVED!

Archived