Who: Me, Wife and 2 Kids

Type: Online Application

13/03/2011: Job Offer

22/03/2011: Employer application made

06/05/2011: Nomination Approved

16/05/2011: My e457 (1106) application made - processing commenced

02/06/2011: APPROVED!

:biggrin:

Anyone recommend who to travel with from UK?? Who does open ended tickets nowadays to Australia to comply with 457 visa requirements???

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG! Justed approved today

Where: Perth WA

Who: Me, Wife and 2 Kids

Type: Online Application

13/03/2011: Job Offer

22/03/2011: Employer application made

06/05/2011: Nomination Approved

16/05/2011: My e457 (1106) application made - processing commenced

02/06/2011: APPROVED!

Emailed them twice asking for estimated initial look at application and total processing times

:jiggy: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! its a great feeling and it looks like you found out early hours this morning did you wake the whole house up with the victory dance and song!!

Guest onceageek

My nomination is approved. Waiting for Medical and health insurance. Any suggestions for health insurance proof?

onceageek

We got our health insurance proof through HBA (part of BUPA) and they are pretty quick at sending out confirmation with a letter that is tailored to satisfy the 457 visa, we got 'Classic Visitors Cover' and it cost A$170 for a family of three for a month until we can sort Medicare.

Hope this is some help.

Fraser355

Guest Let me in
Anyone recommend who to travel with from UK?? Who does open ended tickets nowadays to Australia to comply with 457 visa requirements???

Congratulations! See you there I fly out 15th June!!!

Guest MongooseB

Ok, so the OH has received a job offer on the condition he completes a 3 month probation. The question is, what happens next? It seems the Ozzies keep their cards close to their chest!

Please could someone tell me what the process is? Does the company now have to nominate him? Do WE have to apply for the 457 visa? Any help would be great, thank you.

Hi,

Its probably on here somewhere but I cant seem to find it and need some advise.

We had our 457 approved in the 5th May, we have the paper visa. Does anyone recommend us sending off our passports to Australia house in London to have the visas put in or will the paper ones be ok. Sure I read on here a while ago someone had trouble opening a bank account with the paper visa.

Also are you allowed the double baggage allowance with Singapore airlines on a 457 as its not actually permanent?

Thanks Michelle

Hi Michelle

With regards to flying with Singapore they only allow the normal baggage (20kgs) allowance on a 457 visa, but we contacted and played a bit dumb saying we had been given mixed info with regards to allowance and we got an extra 5kgs each and I have seen some others on PIO get 10kgs each extra. Just contact them through website quoting your booking reference and fingers crossed.

Kind regards

Fraser

Guest MongooseB
Hi,

Its probably on here somewhere but I cant seem to find it and need some advise.

We had our 457 approved in the 5th May, we have the paper visa. Does anyone recommend us sending off our passports to Australia house in London to have the visas put in or will the paper ones be ok. Sure I read on here a while ago someone had trouble opening a bank account with the paper visa.

Also are you allowed the double baggage allowance with Singapore airlines on a 457 as its not actually permanent?

Thanks Michelle

Hi,

When you made you enquiries with Singapore, did you ask about their Migration flights? There are a cetain amount of seats on most airlines which are reserved for migrants and they offer the 40kgs in weight allowance. Quantas (for example) offer migrant tickets at £1024 (40kg) as against their regular tickets (20) kg which cost £1124!

Guest journeydownunder

WE GOT IT!!!!!

Exactly one month after lodging our PAPER 457 application, had email today saying visa has been granted!!! Woo hoo!!! So to those of you who have had to do a paper application fear not it might not be as long as we all thought!!! Must go, have 13 days til we fly!!!!

Good luck everyone xxxxx

Guest 6gweld

well done with the visa papper 457 lodgement didnt take long.. Got our online 457 saturday 2 wks roll on oz lol.....

Guest TheGoodGuy
WE GOT IT!!!!!

Exactly one month after lodging our PAPER 457 application, had email today saying visa has been granted!!! Woo hoo!!! So to those of you who have had to do a paper application fear not it might not be as long as we all thought!!! Must go, have 13 days til we fly!!!!

Good luck everyone xxxxx

Hi journeydownunder,

Congrats!!

Did it take you 1 month only for the visa application? Or was it for sponsorship, nomination & visa application? Which office was it lodged in?

Guest journeydownunder
Hi journeydownunder,

Congrats!!

Did it take you 1 month only for the visa application? Or was it for sponsorship, nomination & visa application? Which office was it lodged in?

I think the business was already approved as a sponsor. They submitted their nomination paper application around the 20th April I think and I lodged the 457 bit on the 6th May also paper. Lodged at the Sydney office.

I received first bit of correspondence from them on the 26th May asking for a particular document, which I sent back immediately. They confirmed receipt of this and said no further docs required from me but were waiting on some info from my employer which I think they got around the middle of last week. Got an e-mail on Friday from them saying they had everything they needed and would have more "news" for me Monday and ta daaaa!!! Monday comes and the e-mail confirmation approval arrives!

My case officer was very efficient, quick to respond to e-mails and kept me in the loop from first point of contact until approval.

Guest Let me in
WE GOT IT!!!!!

Good luck everyone xxxxx

Congratulations, good luck at the other side!!

Guest onceageek
WE GOT IT!!!!!

Good luck everyone xxxxx

BIG CONGRATS!!!!!:hug:

I have sent my medicals and insurance proof. Waiting to hear receipt.

Guest casey valentine

:laugh: Very Happy 457 visa granted! Only took 16 days!

Have sent passports for visa labeling in London! Now the hard work starts with the move!! :wideeyed:

Congrats to all who have recently got their 457

visas :hug:

Guest casey valentine
Our 457 was sent on Monday so a few weeks to wait yet. With regards to the Visa stamps how do you go about getting them, I thought you had to go to Austalia house in person ?

Once you have your 457 approved you can send your visa grant letter and all passports to australia house with an pre-paid SAE and a letter to state what you want them to do.

There is a few posts on this if you search the forum!

Guest southbound

Hey guys just thought I would post my current timeline.. Just playing the waiting game now.

April 27 - Job Offer

May 3 - Visa Docs sent to migration agent

May 17- Visa submitted to DIAC

May 29 - Health Insurance sent and received

June 12 - Still Waiting ...

Chatted to my migration agent before the weekend and he said any day now! Fingers crossed!

Guest Let me in
Once you have your 457 approved you can send your visa grant letter and all passports to australia house with an pre-paid SAE and a letter to state what you want them to do.

There is a few posts on this if you search the forum!

I'm just about to leave on Wednesday for Perth. My agent has told me as I'm arriving from the UK there is no need to have a stamp in my passport it is all displayed electronically on VEVO. Here's hoping for no issues!!

I'm just about to leave on Wednesday for Perth. My agent has told me as I'm arriving from the UK there is no need to have a stamp in my passport it is all displayed electronically on VEVO. Here's hoping for no issues!!

Hi Paul,

Can't believe that is you heading to Oz already, I hope you managed to get everything done in time! Please keep us all updated when you arrive as your information so far has been a great help to us.

We are still waiting for our 457, and as today is a holiday at our processing office in Oz, it is unlikely that we will hear anything before you go. That is now one month since our application was lodged and we still don't even know if the nomination has been approved! It has probably been the longest month of my life, this waiting is so frustrating!

Anyway, all the best for your new life in Perth, I really hope it works out for you both!

Regards,

Scotty

Guest onceageek
Agent sent my 457 app in on 28 April. HR called to let me know that further info was requested by DIAC and provided by my agent last week and they're still waiting to hear. I was supposed to start work on Monday but no joy, contract back to a week from Monday... the waiting game continues!

I was hoping to get some reply today and since I didn't, I wrote to my case officer this morning and got an out of office response. Then i checked and today happens to be a public holiday - Queen's Birthday.....I guess, Happy Birthday Lizzy :) and I wait and refresh my email tomorrow

Guest Let me in
Hi Paul,

Can't believe that is you heading to Oz already, I hope you managed to get everything done in time! Please keep us all updated when you arrive as your information so far has been a great help to us.

We are still waiting for our 457, and as today is a holiday at our processing office in Oz, it is unlikely that we will hear anything before you go. That is now one month since our application was lodged and we still don't even know if the nomination has been approved! It has probably been the longest month of my life, this waiting is so frustrating!

Anyway, all the best for your new life in Perth, I really hope it works out for you both!

Regards,

Scotty

Thanks Scotty,

The wait is a NIGHTMARE!!! but once it arrives the time flies by like you wouldn't believe. Just had the stress of saying bye to my mum, brothers and my 18 year old daughter at the weekend. Another irrational part to the process, your head tells you it should be a happy time, I'll only be a day away, but it was very emotional!

Just had confirmation on the dogs now too, they will arrive out to Perth on the 2nd August. My partner has decided she will stay here until the dogs come out, at least that makes for a peceful flight!! (only kiddidng). I start work on Monday so I'll have lots to learn!

I hope your visa comes soon, be prepared for the mayhem that follows!!!

Good luck, keep in touch.

Paul

Guest johnandmichelleg

hi

im new to this forum and looks like im not the only one frustrated!

i'm a GP and signed contract of employment on 14 feb, then the massive paperwork list started, finally got my fellowship of the royal college of GPs last week so i can now apply to APHRA.

my employer has now applied to be nominated/sponsored...

how long does this take for a 457 business to be nominated? and when can i apply for my e457? when can i get my medical done as i know i will need one. do i have to wait until prompted?

i want to book flights and sort removals out but cant i suppose til all visa sorted

any advice much appreciated!

Archived