457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jmahood

Hi Lexi

What job are you going to be doing? I've been waiting 3 weeks for my 457 and then on Monday I got a whole lot of other forms from the Immigration Agent to fill in. My understanding is that they always do a Police check but no necessarily a medical. Are you being sponsored by and employer? The waiting is torture. For me I hate living in limbo!

After months of reading the PIO forum for information regarding a 457 visa, we have eventually taken the plunge and joined the que to move to Melbourne.

My wife was offered a job in February and after much research she signed the contract in April and sent the paperwork electronically to her future employer. There was then a bit of a delay as we were on holiday, then Easter and then the HR Manager at the new company was on holiday! (QUOTE)

well I'm no expert but if you have a TRN number then (lucky you) your employer has lodged the sponsor and nomination electronically( always a good start!) so that allows you to go ahead and innate your e457 online, only thing you may need to know is exact period of yrs and months of employment your employer has put on their application, but it would seem u r free to proceed, u do not need to view the sponsor/nomination appllication I don't think. Although unfortunate our employer did application by paper and so in turn we did too.. Hope this helps a little......

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your reply.

As far as we are aware, the employer has lodged all our paperwork on our behalf on 17/05/11 as we already sent them our passports and lots of other requested paperwork.

What I was asking is how some people know that their nomination has been accepted and then they seem to get their visa shortly thereafter. Has my wife's employer submitted the nomination and our e457 application in the one process?

Guest Stella and Phil

Hi Scotty

We knew the nomination had been lodged because the company gave us the TRN number so we could lodge our e457, then they emailed to let us know it had been approved on Friday and our visas were approved this morning.

We've not had any requests for additional information, police checks (bit disappointing cos we've got them :biglaugh:) or medicals (weren't expecting meds because Phil's in the construction industry) we attached everything at the time we lodged our application and all our copies were certified.

Hope that helps...

Guest onceageek

Hi Scotty,

I guess the nomination has to filed first and then the e457. Coz, the e457 can be only filed with the nomination ID or the TRN. I went the paper route...but before that I tried filing my e457 with the business approval TRN and it didnt work. Hope it helps.

-A

Guest Let me in
After months of reading the PIO forum for information regarding a 457 visa, we have eventually taken the plunge and joined the que to move to Melbourne.

My wife was offered a job in February and after much research she signed the contract in April and sent the paperwork electronically to her future employer. There was then a bit of a delay as we were on holiday, then Easter and then the HR Manager at the new company was on holiday!

Anyway, we were advised last week that our application and fee have been received and that processing had commenced on 17/5/11.

I notice that some people know when their nomination was lodged and accepted, where do you find this? We have a TRN no. but this only allows us to view the "e457 visa application" section. Do we need access to the "sponsorship or nomination application" to find out more and if so how, do we access this section?

Thanks for any help you can give us as we are keen to guage how long it will take from here to get the visas.

Hi Scotty,

I'm in exactly the same position, my application and employer nomination were submitted together by an agent for my new employer on the 5th May. I received a scan showing the TRN and statint that the nomination and e457 received and the message stating "processing commenced".

I spoke with the agent he told me processing times were 4-6 weeks. So hopefully I'll get the approval within the next three weeks!!

Hang in there, let me know if you get any updates?

Paul

Thank you Paul and Stella for your information.

We have sent an email to my wife's employer tonight just to clarify the situation

so I will let you know the response and any updates.

Congrats Stella & Phil on getting your visa today - you must still be buzzing! Where are you off to and when do you leave?

Scotty

Guest onceageek
Thanks for your info too Onceageek, I was reading in reverse and didn't see your post!!! Too late at night to be concentrating. This visa carry on certainly turns us into more nocturnal creatures doesn't it!

Scotty

Very Nocturnal indeed - I am GMT +5! So its 4 AM now!! Just finished fingerprints to FBI - yaaay, fun! (Lived in US, hence getting the police clearance just in case)

If it helps to hear another timeline -

my OH's employer hired an agent for us, who got the lodged the nomination and submitted the 457 application about two days later - (14th April) We just recieved the visa yesterday 24 May.

RE: Neither Police checks nor medicals were needed for the 457.

BUT my OH's employer has instructed the agent to file for Permanent Residency as soon as we land in Aus - (the job falls under the 'highly skilled...etc.' clause.)

So we're now gettting together the documents for PR and for THAT application we do need police checks and medicals. So if you have police checks done they may come in handy in the future! Not sure if they expire tho...

Guest Let me in

Just found out that my 457 business nomination was approved on the 21/05/2011, just waiting on my 457 business long stay now!

Can't be long now??????

Guest Let me in
If it helps to hear another timeline -

my OH's employer hired an agent for us, who got the lodged the nomination and submitted the 457 application about two days later - (14th April) We just recieved the visa yesterday 24 May.

Congratulations!!!! Good luck with the move!

Guest Stella and Phil
RE: Neither Police checks nor medicals were needed for the 457.

BUT my OH's employer has instructed the agent to file for Permanent Residency as soon as we land in Aus - (the job falls under the 'highly skilled...etc.' clause.)

So we're now gettting together the documents for PR and for THAT application we do need police checks and medicals. So if you have police checks done they may come in handy in the future! Not sure if they expire tho...

Yeah we're doing the exact same thing, so they won't go to waste, was just a tongue in cheek comment :smile:

Just found out that my 457 business nomination was approved on the 21/05/2011, just waiting on my 457 business long stay now!

Can't be long now??????

Congrats letmein!! Can you give a timeline and were the submissions electronic? 

Guest journeydownunder

Got an email from my immi yesterday saying they are assessing my case and asking me to scan over just one further document, no further docs required?! First contact I've had, submitted paper application about the 5th May so there is hope for all us paper applicants yet!! Will let you know when I hear more!

Guest Let me in
Congrats letmein!! Can you give a timeline and were the submissions electronic? 

Thanks Karen,

Still waiting on the 457 approval though!!

05/05/2011 Nomination and e457 submitted electronically

21/05/2011 Nomination Approved

Guest Stella and Phil

Can't be long now??????

Excellent! Ours came through 5days after the nomination was approved so fingers crossed yours will be quick too!

Got an email from my immi yesterday saying they are assessing my case and asking me to scan over just one further document, no further docs required?! First contact I've had, submitted paper application about the 5th May so there is hope for all us paper applicants yet!! Will let you know when I hear more!

Journeydownunder that's made my day, there's hope as you state! Whoop. Our paper was posted Monday past the 23rd and although sponsor/nomination still in limbo am hoping whole lot could come through nearly together around next two to three weeks time. Rang migration last night trying to chase sponsors application bu they state three months processing time for first time sponsors, although that's not what I read from their site- so bit confused! Anyway praying next two weeks brings news on sponsors and ours! Well done pls keep me posted 

Guest MongooseB

Can anyone tell me what docs a company requires for 457 sponsorship? Just received job offer yesterday, company asked for all certificates this morning, want to get the ball rolling asap.

Hubby in trades, not sure if medicals and police checks required?

Company sponsoring are large international concern, but how do I find out more regarding their sponsorship status with visa offices?

Can anyone tell me what docs a company requires for 457 sponsorship? Just received job offer yesterday, company asked for all certificates this morning, want to get the ball rolling asap.

Hubby in trades, not sure if medicals and police checks required?

Company sponsoring are large international concern, but how do I find out more regarding their sponsorship status with visa offices?

documents that we had to send was marriage cert, birth cert (all family) passports (all family) including any pages that has australian stamp in, Hubby degree qualification certificate and job references and driving licenses (even though i dont think they needed this),

Hope this helps

There was also some form we needed to complete....

Guest MongooseB
documents that we had to send was marriage cert, birth cert (all family) passports (all family) including any pages that has australian stamp in, Hubby degree qualification certificate and job references and driving licenses (even though i dont think they needed this),

Hope this helps

There was also some form we needed to complete....

Thank you so much, this has put my mind at ease. Just one more question, did you have to have your marriage cert and birth certs certified?

Thank you so much, this has put my mind at ease. Just one more question, did you have to have your marriage cert and birth certs certified?

No we didnt have to get them cert, in fact they never asked....Now i'm worried....LOL

Hubbys Company has sorted everything and submitted all forms for us we only completed them and emailed to agent.....

Archived