457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dmitry86

Hello guys,

I am new here,

So, I suppose some of you are in the same boat as I am!

So, my current timeline:

April 30: Job Offer/Signed

May 12: Sponsorship/Nomination(?) logged.

June 13: Still waiting....

Still unable to calculate approximate time for employer's part as it depends and may take up to 2-3 months...

Guest kennmikp
Hello guys,

I am new here,

So, my current timeline:

Still unable to calculate approximate time for employer's part as it depends and may take up to 2-3 months...

Whos your sponsor and where you looking to move too????

Guest dmitry86
Whos your sponsor and where you looking to move too????

Hello,

My sponsor is solid IT company from Sydney.

Hello guys,

I am new here,

So, my current timeline:

I have followed this thread from the beginning just waiting to join in.

I am one day behind you, my employer lodged his sponsorship on 13th May and today my agent advised me it has not even been looked at yet.

Oh the joy!

Guest dmitry86

I am one day behind you, my employer lodged his sponsorship on 13th May and today my agent advised me it has not even been looked at yet.

Oh the joy!

Hi, I left you a PM, so let's keep in touch!

Guest Yolandandrew
Hello guys,

I am new here,

So, my current timeline:

We are in the same boat. Our Sponsorship/Nomination went in on 13th May and still waiting. We were hoping to fly end of July to Melbourne. Hope it can still happen.

Guest dmitry86
We are in the same boat. Our Sponsorship/Nomination went in on 13th May and still waiting. We were hoping to fly end of July to Melbourne. Hope it can still happen.

Hello, that's great, here are three of us. Do you have access (TRN and ABN) to online case query?

Guest Yolandandrew
Hello, that's great, here are three of us. Do you have access (TRN and ABN) to online case query?

Dear dmitry86,

I am sorry but I do not know what you are talking about. My husband's new employer did the nomination/sponsorship and the lady keeps on saying she will let us know as soon as there is any news. We still need to do the E-visa as well. We've got all the paperwork ready to upload.

Guest dmitry86

No problem, if your case if processed by an agent, it's their duty. If you know TRN of application you can track it by your self as well.

a Travel Insurance query.

I need to provide proof of travel insurance, and I'm struggling a bit, currently my travel insurance is provided as one of the benefits of an RBS royalties account. However they have told me that they only cover holidays, and not going out there long term. So even if I only wanted cover for the initial month out there, and enough to satisfy visa requirements, RBS won't do that for me. So does anyone have recommendations for companies will provide travel insurance for a family heading to Oz on a 457?

Guest Let me in

I need to provide proof of travel insurance, and I'm struggling a bit, currently my travel insurance is provided as one of the benefits of an RBS royalties account. However they have told me that they only cover holidays, and not going out there long term. So even if I only wanted cover for the initial month out there, and enough to satisfy visa requirements, RBS won't do that for me. So does anyone have recommendations for companies will provide travel insurance for a family heading to Oz on a 457?

Go onto monerysupermarket.com you should be able to get a comprehensive annual insurance for about £50, you'll get the policy sent through straight away by email.

Hi all, just wanted to say hello.

I have just formally accepted a job offer in Adelaide, so am hoping to be able to join your timeline thread properly in the next couple of weeks. Just waiting for employer to get into gear with the visa process :-)

Good luck to all that are waiting.

Beck

Have a look on GO WALKABOUT travel ins they do a policy for one way travel especially for migrant,it also covers you for 21 days after you arrive, you can get a quote online they quoted us about £90 for 2 of us ,hope this helps

Jim

Go onto monerysupermarket.com you should be able to get a comprehensive annual insurance for about £50, you'll get the policy sent through straight away by email.

Have a look on GO WALKABOUT travel ins they do a policy for one way travel especially for migrant,it also covers you for 21 days after you arrive, you can get a quote online they quoted us about £90 for 2 of us ,hope this helps

Jim

thanks guys, got cover with DownUnder Insurance, 2 months cover for a family of 4 for £92, not too bad, now to phone RBS and ditch their Royalties gold account :biggrin:

Guest Yolandandrew

We've just had an email and our Sponsorship has been approved, now it is applying for our E-visa. Took 5 weeks to the day! Step closer to living down under!

Guest dmitry86
We've just had an email and our Sponsorship has been approved

Hello, that's great news!

We've got an information that our case has been processed and further information required. Hope my employer will manage it shortly. Good luck for your visa app.

After realising that the sponsorship actually did not get lodged until 20th May and being told by my agent that processing was taking 6 - 8 weeks I was fairly gutted yesterday.

Today I got the call that the company has been APPROVED as a sponsor!!!

4 weeks exactly, now for the nomination and 457. Let the waiting begin again.

After realising that the sponsorship actually did not get lodged until 20th May and being told by my agent that processing was taking 6 - 8 weeks I was fairly gutted yesterday.

Today I got the call that the company has been APPROVED as a sponsor!!!

4 weeks exactly, now for the nomination and 457. Let the waiting begin again.

Nice to see that there has been some movement for Websie, Dmitry and Yolandandrew as it has been very quiet on that front of late. Congratulations also to Onceageek on getting his visa but I think he has been the only one in the last week. As long as you see something happening it gives you hope!!!

For us, another long weekend of waiting again! The sponsorship part was already done as my wife's company have sponsored many 457's before. It will be 5 weeks on Tuesday and we have not heard a single thing yet. Everytime my wife calls her company we get the same response, "we will let you know as soon as we hear anything". :arghh: It feels longer though as we made up our mind and sent paperwork off before the Easter holidays on the 23 April.

It is so frustrating, I don't think they appreciate how much your life goes on hold during this process. We just feel like Zombies in 'Day Of The Dead' walking about waiting for something to happen! I don't know how the people applying for PR cope, still waiting after 6 months. I think that would make me mad :wacko:.

Roll on Monday and we can start checking the DIAC website again!

Scotty

Guest Yolandandrew
Nice to see that there has been some movement for Websie, Dmitry and Yolandandrew as it has been very quiet on that front of late. Congratulations also to Onceageek on getting his visa but I think he has been the only one in the last week. As long as you see something happening it gives you hope!!!

For us, another long weekend of waiting again! The sponsorship part was already done as my wife's company have sponsored many 457's before. It will be 5 weeks on Tuesday and we have not heard a single thing yet. Everytime my wife calls her company we get the same response, "we will let you know as soon as we hear anything". :arghh: It feels longer though as we made up our mind and sent paperwork off before the Easter holidays on the 23 April.

It is so frustrating, I don't think they appreciate how much your life goes on hold during this process. We just feel like Zombies in 'Day Of The Dead' walking about waiting for something to happen! I don't know how the people applying for PR cope, still waiting after 6 months. I think that would make me mad :wacko:.

Roll on Monday and we can start checking the DIAC website again!

Scotty

Scotty Down Under,

My husband's company also sponsored people before, and we waited excactly 5 weeks before we had email this morning. We checked emails every morning as part of our getting ready for work. I know how you must feel. We take phones to bed, just in case we get phone call in the middle of the night.

I suppose now we will check online every morning to see if there is any progress about visa. It does feel like you are constantly waiting. Good luck with your application.

Yolandandrew

We are also waiting, e457 30/5 medicals 31/5, 9/6 medical referred, 16/06 medicals finalised. waiting now for some further news, our house in uk completes on the 4/7/11 then we will have to go to a hotel and wait.Praying we hear something soon, as we need to let the removals know by 27th for ordering a container. So many unknowns, our 457 went to sydney parramatta, the migration agent said 4-6weeks wait, hope it will be 4 not 6.Often waking in the night to check diac website, does your status change or do you get an e-mail whenyou eventually get the visa

Archived