457 processing times

Lexi

Guest dmitry86
.Often waking in the night to check diac website, does your status change or do you get an e-mail whenyou eventually get the visa

Hello, I have the same issue, I used to wake up at 6am daily to check status, and I've forgot when I slept the whole night long...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Visa granted today total time 5 weeks and 5 days.... Woo hoo:biggrin:

Congratulations Anything, you must be so happy and relieved now.

What happened on the online checking system, did it just go from 'Processing Commenced' to Visa Granted' with no change or correspondence in-between?

We are 5 days behind you but have still not heard anything yet. Hopefully we will hear next week, but if they start asking for medicals now it will take forever!

Regards,

Scotty

Congratulations Anything, you must be so happy and relieved now.

What happened on the online checking system, did it just go from 'Processing Commenced' to Visa Granted' with no change or correspondence in-between?

We are 5 days behind you but have still not heard anything yet. Hopefully we will hear next week, but if they start asking for medicals now it will take forever!

Regards,

Scotty

yer nothing in between big shocked this morning.. we didnt need meds so not sure how much longer it would take

Guest dmitry86

Regards,

Scotty

Dear Scotty, I fully share your situation, as we are waiting for sponsorship since 12 May, last week there had been processing commenced status with further info required so hope to get approval this week and apply for visa and relax for 1 month because my life seems to be frozen. Good luck with your application!

Guest bourbonjack

Hi all,

Thought I 'd share my journey, so far....

I have landed a job in WA, as a welder, with the employer paying for my visa... 457 visa lodged 2 weeks ago...now waiting for approval, just wondering how long this will now take????

Thanks

Steve..

Guest flossiebess

Hi All

I'm joining this thread too :) I've been offered a role in WA (Perth) and we lodged on Friday via our agent, how long is the typical wait?

thanks!

Our E457 took 6weeks from lodging, this was during the easter break and also a few days delay for further info (insurance). We fly to Sydney 12th July. Hope you are less stressed than we was waiting for the approval, that will arrive but the days just drag by.

Guest lmills

Hi sorry, been reading your threads, re time for visa's to be approved i think its different dependent on jobs your doing, ie if children and hospitals then meds needed,

We had our interviews 16/3 we had job offers on 14th April, visa application went in around 10th May, case worker assigned, no meds needed (only for job) insurance sent 3rd june for visa, 8th June txt Visa's approved!!! yeh!! flying 11th July, from visa app going in and being approved 1 month!!!!!!!!! quickest i have read on any thread,!!! so now the excitment begins!!:yes:

Hope this helps, cheers lisa

Guest LQswissy

Hi All,

I have been offered a role in Sydney - employer covering full cost of visa (Senior Recruitment Consultant) - I have just over 5 years experience in my field (no degree)

I have a couple of worries - firstly although I can provide references for the last 4 years (have worked for the same company since 07) my past direct managers have all moved on from my past companies - Will a written reference from them on their new company letterhead suffice (all have said their happy to provide letters) or will the last 4 years reference be enough?

I am single no dependants moving on my own - have worked in Sydney before (WHV) and my uncle (by birth) is an Aussie citizen - I wonder if any of these factors count in anyway

Basicaly I'm just looking for some reassuring words!! :) I am a bit of a worrier!!! - apologies if this is in the wrong area this is my first post on this wonderful forum!!

Cheers

Guest overrunbycats

Hey All

Well the long (hopefully not too long!) wait has started for us. Application lodged on Friday, my wife's meds arrived in Sydney today. Hoping it's closer to the 4 weeks I've been quoted than the 8 I've read on here as we are meant to fly to Melbourne 8 weeks today!

Hi,

Can you not get a reference from your past employer rather than your direct managers? I got mine from the HR department of my previous employer. I'm going to work as a Recruitment Consultant too, in Melbourne.

Paur

Hi All,

I have been offered a role in Sydney - employer covering full cost of visa (Senior Recruitment Consultant) - I have just over 5 years experience in my field (no degree)

I have a couple of worries - firstly although I can provide references for the last 4 years (have worked for the same company since 07) my past direct managers have all moved on from my past companies - Will a written reference from them on their new company letterhead suffice (all have said their happy to provide letters) or will the last 4 years reference be enough?

I am single no dependants moving on my own - have worked in Sydney before (WHV) and my uncle (by birth) is an Aussie citizen - I wonder if any of these factors count in anyway

Basicaly I'm just looking for some reassuring words!! :) I am a bit of a worrier!!! - apologies if this is in the wrong area this is my first post on this wonderful forum!!

Cheers

Guest judes

Hi All,

Am new to the forum..and would like to share my timelines...

15/04/2011 Application received - processing commenced

15/04/2011 Application fee received

04/05/2011 Application being processed further

30/05/2011 Further medical results received

31/05/2011 Health requirements finalised

.................and still waiting.....

Guest ellie2412
Hi,

These questions are purely because I am inpatient but can anyone tell me if it actually takes 8 weeks for a 457 visa to be processed or is that the maximum time it coudl take?

Also do you always need medicals with a 457? And police checks?

Its torture waiting to hear back about the visa application and everything else we have to do is all based on when and if the visa is granted. Someone put me out of my misery please!

Hi I am in the process of my application for the 457 visa, the case has informed me diac plan to have the decision made within 4-5 weeks of the case worker being allocated and she has informed me that the police checks we have had done are not required as we have not declared any activity on our application.

hope this is of some help

Guest MongooseB

Hi,

Pleased to advise that our 457 application was lodged on 20/06/11. Chest xrays and medicals required, booked for 27th. Visa agent says 3 weeks, so let's hope she's right!!

Wish us luck.

Guest dmitry86

Hello guys,

Here is my latest timeline updates

12/05/2011 Application received - processing commenced

12/05/2011 Application fee received

15/06/2011 Application being processed further

15/06/2011 Further Info required

22/06/2011 Information received

Still waiting and start to worry from now because this stage takes too long then I expected.

Guest TheGoodGuy

Hello Guys!

Just an update on our 457 visa processing timelines.

6th June: Sponsorship, Nomination & Visa Application lodged.

8th June: Further info required from employer and applicant.

20th June: Required documents sent.

23rd June: Visa granted.

Really really excited :jiggy:

Guest jmahood

It's been 7 weeks today since my 457 sponsorship forms were submitted by the migration lawyer. Feeling very frustrated as I have given up my job, so now no income as my new employer stipulated 5 weeks start from offer. 3 of us were offered jobs at the same time with the same company, the other two had their visa's exactly 3 weeks later, I don't really understand the hold up, but it is very annoying nonetheless. :mad:

Guest PeteC

Our Nomination/Visa application went in this morning. I already have a provisional leaving date from my job here of the 12th August. All the prep has been done by Fragomen so I expect they will have dotted i's and crossed t's before sending it in.

Guest dmitry86
It's been 7 weeks today since my 457 sponsorship forms were submitted by the migration lawyer. Feeling very frustrated as I have given up my job, so now no income as my new employer stipulated 5 weeks start from offer.

I am exactly in the same situation, waiting since April without any income declining another job offers.

Guest jmahood
I am exactly in the same situation, waiting since April without any income declining another job offers.

It's incredibly annoying isn't it! Let's see who gets their visa first :biglaugh:

Guest TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

You are very lucky, congrats!

U am still waiting for sponsorship approval as I've indicated above your post :(

Thanks !!

Yeah i know, i was surprised too, that all three applications Sponsorship, Nomination & VIsa Application took just 5 working days. Rest of the time was spent in waiting to provide further documentation to Immigration.

All I can say is hang in there, and i'm sure there will be some good news soon.

Guest dmitry86

TheGoodGuy Yes, hope so too, week has passed and still no progress. I have personal "hidden" deadline till July as I need to give a notice to current landlord about my plans or pay more for housing...So the process takes a toll :)

Archived