457 processing times

Lexi

Guest journeydownunder
I have been following this thread for a couple of months now.

We applied for a 457 on 07/03/11 and had them (wife, myself, 2 kids) on 20/03/11.

VERY quick approval.

I do believe (personal opinion and I may be totally wrong) that it depends on who your sponsor is.

Our sponsor is the DHS in Melbourne so with it being like Local Authority here in the UK I think it was turned around quick.

Wow that is quick - great news for you - congrats!!

Did you submit online or paper version?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Revs30
Wow that is quick - great news for you - congrats!!

Did you submit online or paper version?

We submitted online (e457). Very easy, very little cost, no agent involved. Just submitted, attached wife's qualifications, travel insurance (no need to get private health insurance, just travel insurance is ok for a 457), etc and all was approved within 3 weeks.

Guest Jason1967

457 Visa now arrived. Approx. 1 month from completing the application on line, and 2 weeks from my chest xray!!!

Guest Revs30
457 Visa now arrived. Approx. 1 month from completing the application on line, and 2 weeks from my chest xray!!!

Superb!!! Nice one Jason!

Hi All,

Partial saving grace is that I already have a valid WHV which I applied for as a "just in case" a week before my 31st birthday in December, BUT the OH is too old for a WHV so he is going to have to go out on a tourist visa if the 457 isn't approved in time! But then he might need to leave the country to get his 457 validated! So bloomin' complicated!!

Hmmm you might want to read this http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/pdf/subclass-457-visitors.pdf as I had planned to do the same thing.

Guest journeydownunder
Hmmm you might want to read this http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/pdf/subclass-457-visitors.pdf as I had planned to do the same thing.

Oh bugger!!! Funny this is the first time I've seen this and I've asked this question to a number of people!! Well we'll just have to hope the visa is granted by the 28th June then!! 7.5 weeks so fingers crossed! Failing that I'll have to leave the OH in Thailand whilst I start work!! I'm sure he'll be gutted with that?!!!

Hi

I have e-mailed immigration again today and the company who are sponsoring me phoned immigration last week. They just said our application is in the final stages of checking, but could not say when it would be finalised, just was told 'it depends on the work load'.

Up until now our Case worker in immigration has been really helpful until now. We were hoping to be flying out 1st week of June. We do not want to put our house up for rent until our visa's have been approved, and don't want to leave until we know our house has been rented out.

So annoying, as really in limbo. Have so much to do, but do not to jinx anything. I feel exactly the same, I get so excited when I hear someone has had their visa approved on here. Thought it was going to be really straight forward.

Which part of Perth are you thinking of moving to?

Colette

OH has job in Osborne Park, so looking around that area.. or rather now not looking as I've seen some lovely places, but know we can do nothing till visa arrives.. and who knows when that will be?????(day 51 today !) soooo annoying not being able to book anything, and knowing when they say yes.. it's gonna be a mad rush. He's gonna stay up tonight and ring immi. Our sponsor is getting fed up of waiting too.. he's emailed saying 'you'll be getting off the plane in overalls at this rate as plenty of work building up! It's just so stressful thinking all we now need is someone to stamp it and change our lives!

where in Perth are you off to... Have you got short term accomodation to start with? (thats proving to be harder to find)

OH has job in Osborne Park, so looking around that area.. or rather now not looking as I've seen some lovely places, but know we can do nothing till visa arrives.. and who knows when that will be?????(day 51 today !) soooo annoying not being able to book anything, and knowing when they say yes.. it's gonna be a mad rush. He's gonna stay up tonight and ring immi. Our sponsor is getting fed up of waiting too.. he's emailed saying 'you'll be getting off the plane in overalls at this rate as plenty of work building up! It's just so stressful thinking all we now need is someone to stamp it and change our lives!

where in Perth are you off to... Have you got short term accomodation to start with? (thats proving to be harder to find)

Hi

My sponsor received an e-mail from our case officer this morning to say 'This case has been referred for verification. The service standard for this is 28 days of which another 10 still remain. No decision will be made before an outcome is reached regarding the requested checking procedure.'

So it look's like we will not have a final decision until at least 14th May. If your OH does phone tonight get him to quote the Service Standard rule of 28 days (as stated above0 as you guys have been waiting way longer than this.

We are quite lucky as my sponsoring company have agreed to pay for 1 weeks accommodation and car hire (3 bed apartment not far from Perth CBD). We have decided to look for accommodation in the Northern Suburbs, Clarkson/Joondalup as I will be working in Perth CBD. We have started to look, but everything is either available now or mid May, so like you can not get excited yet.

We are in exactly the same position, we can not do anything until visa's are granted. We have started to pack and sort out items to sell, store or take. We have decided not to ship furniture over as it costs more than what a lot of it is worth. We have found a good site called 'Vootz' who send boxes over the same weight and size as a 30kilo suitcase. This is what we are going to use to send over the kids toys and my favourite pans etc

It is difficult as our kids keep asking 'when are we going?'. I am starting to get stressed as I know there will be so so much to do once the visa's are granted (sell car, book tickets, get the house rented out).

I promise , once your visa's are granted I will open a bottle of wine and have a glass in your honour!!

Do you have any children? Do you know anyone in Perth?

Hi guys

I would like to know what is meant by application being processed further I got this status on 29 april. I submitted my application e457 on 20th feb done my X-rays on 14 th march nomination was approved on 11 march how long I will have to wait more? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

I promise , once your visa's are granted I will open a bottle of wine and have a glass in your honour!!

Do you have any children? Do you know anyone in Perth?

CRACK OPEN THAT BOTTLE!!!! WE GOT IT!!

We phoned our case officer and he was laughing.. he found it amazing that we spoke to him as he stamped our approval!!!!! He said it should have been done last week and doesn't know why it wasn't.. but hey.. 52 days waiting and it's here!

we have a 17 year old coming with us, and we don't know anyone there, but I recon that's fine, cos we didn't know anyone when we moved to Spain 4 years ago.. and now have double wammy of goodbyes (Spain friends and UK)...

Feels unreal now!!!! OMG!!!(just want to wake everyone up, but it's 4.30am here/3.30 in UK, so better wait a few more hours!)

HOLD ON IN THERE EVERYONE.. IT'S COMING !!!! (anything worth having is worth waiting for!):wink:

dont know how we would have survived without PIO !!!!

We phoned our case officer and he was laughing.. he found it amazing that we spoke to him as he stamped our approval!!!!! He said it should have been done last week and doesn't know why it wasn't.. but hey.. 52 days waiting and it's here!

we have a 17 year old coming with us, and we don't know anyone there, but I recon that's fine, cos we didn't know anyone when we moved to Spain 4 years ago.. and now have double wammy of goodbyes (Spain friends and UK)...

Feels unreal now!!!! OMG!!!(just want to wake everyone up, but it's 4.30am here/3.30 in UK, so better wait a few more hours!)

HOLD ON IN THERE EVERYONE.. IT'S COMING !!!! (anything worth having is worth waiting for!):wink:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://1.2.3.9/bmi/www.pomsinoz.com/forum/images/smilies/notworthy.gif

I am so happy for you

It is going to be fantastic, now the chaos begins, but is so so brilliant.

http://1.2.3.13/bmi/www.pomsinoz.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Will have a bottle of wine in your honour tonight

Visa granted - WoooooP WooooP !!!!!!!!!!!!

In total it took 24 days.... That was including having to provide further information on travel insurance and a slight amendment to a date on my original applcaition....

11th April: Agent submitted e457 (no medicals needed)

27th April: CO and 'Processing further request for further information'

28th April: form 1023 submitted amending date on one line of the visa application

3rd May: Travel insurance and medicare letter (stating i will sign up) submitted to DIAC

4th May: Visa Approved :biggrin::jiggy::yellow_guy_smiling_

amazed it only took a day for them to process the additional information....Happy days and thanks to everyone on here for helping when i had a few queries, I appreciate it!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting - especially those going through the Melbourne office as i was... they seem to have their skates on at the moment!!

Guest ozzietobe

Congrats to all the visa approvals recently!!!

We finally got a reply from our CO telling us she will be processing our application further early next week and hopes to finalise it then!!!

Holding breath from here on out!!!!! :eek:

Guest JennyHanson

good to see more approvals - melbourne seem pretty on it with their cases - i submitted my further info via email last tuesday and it was approved on the weds of last week! tickets book and we leave on monday 16th!

roflie - where you heading?

ozzietobe - not long now :)))

x

good to see more approvals - melbourne seem pretty on it with their cases - i submitted my further info via email last tuesday and it was approved on the weds of last week! tickets book and we leave on monday 16th!

roflie - where you heading?

ozzietobe - not long now :)))

x

working betwen the city (east Melbourne) and Moorabbin (south east of the city) - Can't wait to get out there!! very excited and just a massive weight off my shoulders getting that visa!:biggrin:

Guest JennyHanson

i know what you mean - i didn't know whether to laugh or cry when we got ours. we fly into melbourne may 21st and start my job 23rd in cbd - just got to work out where we want to live now!

Guest ozzietobe
where you off too then? (when it comes through)

We're off to NSW up near Byrons Bay!

Guest journeydownunder

Did anybody do the paper based application? I had to as my employer submitted theirs on paper so unless I wanted to wait until their bit was approved it was my only option.

Hey!!!!

Just replied to your Pm and now seen this lol

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

When are you off? maybe see you at the airport lol

Guest Stella and Phil

Hi all,

Firstly, congratulations on all the recent approvals!! :notworthy:

OK, so I've literally just in the last hour or so applied for our visas!!!!!!!!!

We got back on 19th March from a recce/job hunting trip - where Phil received 3 job offers, he accepted an offer on March 23rd, the company already sponsor employees on 457 visas so luckily that's in place, they submitted a nomination application yesterday 4th May and we have now submitted our application this evening. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO exciting/a tad daunting!!

Best of luck to all those still waiting!

Stella :biggrin:

Guest finnoodles

I am applying through the in-house migration agent at the large firm I received a job offer from:

457 visa

I am an irish qualified Solicitor and Registered Tax Consultant

The job is in tax here in Sydney

My fiance is on my application as De Facto Dependent

Electronic application made by agent on Thursday 28 April

Now the waiting.....

Archived