457 processing times

Lexi

Hey there! It didn't long for my 457 to come through at all. I think it really depends on how organised you and yours sponsor are to begin with. The business sponsor has to get all their paperwork in first, and then you send your lot in, so if your sponsor aren't on the ball it can take longer then necessary. And again, if your immigration officer has to keep coming back to you to ask for more evidence then it adds to the time. However, if you go by the checklist, and get everything in - (i needed medicals and police check as i'm a nurse) - then it should be pretty quick - depending on your luck!! Mine was about 2 weeks to come through. Hope this helps! :-).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah i too was pretty chilled over the weekend, now back to stress and checking, checking, checking!!! :(

Hey Ozzie I'm fairly certain they had an extra bank holiday for Anzac Day so not back at work til tomoro. Could have saved yourself one less day of stress honey :wink:

Yeah i too was pretty chilled over the weekend, now back to stress and checking, checking, checking!!! :(

same here.. back to broken nights sleeping to check!!!!(and i dont actually know why I'm checking thro the night, as there's nothing I can do till the morning if it does come )??

Guest ozzietobe
same here.. back to broken nights sleeping to check!!!!(and i dont actually know why I'm checking thro the night, as there's nothing I can do till the morning if it does come )??

OH, didnt know about that one!! :wink:

Guest JennyHanson

Woke up this morning to applicants approved!!!! Now have two and a half weeks to get everything sorted!!!!!

Guest Jason1967

Hello.

I am new to the forum, but I am waiting for my 457 visa to come through as well.

My sponsor (Government Agency based in Melbourne) called the Immigration Department (not sure where) today (Wednesday) and were told that there is a back log of applications at the moment. I had an xray of the 15/4 - but we have been told that it will take approx. 4 weeks from this for my visa to be completed - if there are no more information requirements.

Our application was submitted online after my sponsor had got all their necessary approvals on the 05/04 - Medial Information provided and acknowledged on 15/04. No further updates since then.

16 days and not a sausage yet... I'm also applying to move to Melbourne and i'm going through an agency. they submitted on my behalf and i've not heard anything since. E-mailed yesterday to get an update as to whether or not we have a CO yet... frustrating times really but my agent said it can take anywhere from 1 - 3 months (i think she just didn't want to commit to anything and get my hopes up!!) and thats even with me not requiring a medical!!

Grrrr

Guest Jason1967
16 days and not a sausage yet... I'm also applying to move to Melbourne and i'm going through an agency. they submitted on my behalf and i've not heard anything since. E-mailed yesterday to get an update as to whether or not we have a CO yet... frustrating times really but my agent said it can take anywhere from 1 - 3 months (i think she just didn't want to commit to anything and get my hopes up!!) and thats even with me not requiring a medical!!

Grrrr

I guess that we might have the same issue. My employer did not mention anything about using an agent to apply for my visa, so I did it on my own online. That said, surprisingly for a Government agency my employer is very proactive and they do seem to follow up with the Immigration department on a weekly basis.

:unsure:

I guess that we might have the same issue. My employer did not mention anything about using an agent to apply for my visa, so I did it on my own online. That said, surprisingly for a Government agency my employer is very proactive and they do seem to follow up with the Immigration department on a weekly basis.

:unsure:

Weirdly enough i have received an e-mail from my agent in the last hour saying that the immigration office have 'requested fruther information' ....

....after asking in advance about insurance it turns out i need a Medicare certificate so i have to contact them with a copy of my passport to get one....

...Does this mean i am a step closer?? does this mean i have a CO... its all being dealt with by my agent so i'm not sure where i am at in the process really?

Guest Jason1967
Weirdly enough i have received an e-mail from my agent in the last hour saying that the immigration office have 'requested fruther information' ....

....after asking in advance about insurance it turns out i need a Medicare certificate so i have to contact them with a copy of my passport to get one....

...Does this mean i am a step closer?? does this mean i have a CO... its all being dealt with by my agent so i'm not sure where i am at in the process really?

I guess you must be a step closer since they are asking questions.

Did you also take out private medical insurance as well?

I guess you must be a step closer since they are asking questions.

Did you also take out private medical insurance as well?

I haven't taken out any further insurance at the moment as i'm going to wait and see what's what when i am out there.... I will be getting some comprehensive travel insurance (which i think you can get to cover you for a few weeks when you land in Aus) before i fly....

..fingers crossed I am a step closer although that said i have had to just amend a date on my application as i found out i was provided with the wrong information... Not sure how that works as its only a date which needs amending - hope it doesn't put me back to the bottom of the pile again!! :no:

Guest Jason1967
I haven't taken out any further insurance at the moment as i'm going to wait and see what's what when i am out there.... I will be getting some comprehensive travel insurance (which i think you can get to cover you for a few weeks when you land in Aus) before i fly....

..fingers crossed I am a step closer although that said i have had to just amend a date on my application as i found out i was provided with the wrong information... Not sure how that works as its only a date which needs amending - hope it doesn't put me back to the bottom of the pile again!! :no:

It seems only a minor amendment to your application, I would have thought that this would not be a problem / big issue.

The reason what I asked about private medical insurance was that I was told when I was in Australia that this would be needed. When I returned back to the UK and took out insurance with an Aussie company, I had to wait about a week to get a confirmation letter from the insurance company to show that my family and I were covered. I took out the very basic insurance just for visa purposes - and like yourself I was going to review my cover when I landed.

It seems only a minor amendment to your application, I would have thought that this would not be a problem / big issue.

The reason what I asked about private medical insurance was that I was told when I was in Australia that this would be needed. When I returned back to the UK and took out insurance with an Aussie company, I had to wait about a week to get a confirmation letter from the insurance company to show that my family and I were covered. I took out the very basic insurance just for visa purposes - and like yourself I was going to review my cover when I landed.

fingers crossed it doesn't delay me by any time as it is just a small amendment... I ahve informed the agent dealing with my application and hopefully she will get back to me with some reassurances....

.... On the insurance front... rather frustratingly after reading loads about it on PIO i asked my agent weeks ago about how i should sort out insurance.... she advised me that i would be covered by Medicare when i landed in Aus and i didn't need to do anything further.... Now 4 weeks down the line i have to start chasing insurance around.... Contacted Medicare and their auto-reply e-mail states up to 10 days before they may reply Grrrrr :shocked::eek:

Guest Jason1967
fingers crossed it doesn't delay me by any time as it is just a small amendment... I ahve informed the agent dealing with my application and hopefully she will get back to me with some reassurances....

.... On the insurance front... rather frustratingly after reading loads about it on PIO i asked my agent weeks ago about how i should sort out insurance.... she advised me that i would be covered by Medicare when i landed in Aus and i didn't need to do anything further.... Now 4 weeks down the line i have to start chasing insurance around.... Contacted Medicare and their auto-reply e-mail states up to 10 days before they may reply Grrrrr :shocked::eek:

That ain't good.

HBA (part of BUPA) turned round my medical certificate for my family and I in 5 days - this was then emailed direct to the Immigration Dept. I took the basic package insurance for a family of 4, to commence when I leave the UK - and it costs £100 a month. I will then look to upgrade this when I land.

That ain't good.

HBA (part of BUPA) turned round my medical certificate for my family and I in 5 days - this was then emailed direct to the Immigration Dept. I took the basic package insurance for a family of 4, to commence when I leave the UK - and it costs £100 a month. I will then look to upgrade this when I land.

I've been looking at that tonight as i recalled somebody else saying they had went through BUPA.

Did you have to specify a date for when you left or just inform them once you had booked your flights. I'm not going to sign up for anything yet until i have spoken to the agent tomorrow and see what she says but it looks like atleast a further week of delay which could have been avoided...!!

Guest Jason1967

I had to specify a date on my application when I 'planned' to land. This can be changed closer to the date. Good luck with your agent tomorrow.

our timeline is... application received 14th march, processing further 7th April...further info required (and supplied) 8th April.... status changed to info received on 20th April...then nothing....

today I have sent email to case officer asking for anticipated timescale... everything crossed now!

I had to specify a date on my application when I 'planned' to land. This can be changed closer to the date. Good luck with your agent tomorrow.

So frustrating :arghh:

After quizzing hte agent dealing with my application for weeks befor ei submitted my visa regarding insurance/Medicare it now turns out i need some travel insurance to cover me for when i initially arrive in Oz and can enroll in Medicare....

Very frustrating... anybody else had to submit travel insurance in a similar way? Not sure on what level of cover i need etc?

So frustrating :arghh:

After quizzing hte agent dealing with my application for weeks befor ei submitted my visa regarding insurance/Medicare it now turns out i need some travel insurance to cover me for when i initially arrive in Oz and can enroll in Medicare....

Very frustrating... anybody else had to submit travel insurance in a similar way? Not sure on what level of cover i need etc?

our agent has sorted medibank for us.. we don't pay anything till the day we arrive in Oz,(open policy with no dates provided yet) and have got cover for only one month as we can then have medicare...

Your the second one after Har00n to mention medibank.... i'm contemplating just getting a months cover with them to speed things along as i've not heard many people getting travel insurance passed by DIAC to cover them until they get Medicare....

..Do you know how much it costs for the months cover.... Its very frustrating having mentioned this to my agent before I applied....

Archived