457 processing times

Lexi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, applied for the 457 on 24th April.

Its coming up for two weeks now, and not heard anything.

looking at all the posts, and the spreadsheet that was kindly created, i reckon the average is about 30 days, so i'm just about at the halfway mark.

I'm holding off telling anyone at work until i have the visa, thats the hardest bit.

Having to bite my tongue when i hear them planning for august, i just wanna tell them but i can't!

This waiting is so stressfull! every morning i'm checking to see if the status has changed, and every morning it stays the same.

I have been tempted to use the contact option to ask if theres been any progress, but i've been told that if they pull your file out, it goes to the bottom of the queue, is that true? Don't want to risk any further delays, wish they'd just get it over with.....

Anyways, Congratulations again to everyone who's just recieved their visa's.

Guest Let me in

My 457 was submitted electronically by an agent yesterday!

Now the real limbo begins!!!

05/05/2011 Application received - processing commenced

"Application receieved - Processing commenced"...

These four words have been etched into the back of my eyeballs...

every morning i check hoping they'll be changed, but nope. Still the same...

;(

On a plus side, got an email from my soon-to-be employers, they've checked up with immigration on there ened for other people who are due to start, and also mentioned my application. Immigration had no updates regarding my application, therefore going on the assumption that no news is good news... Hopefully shouldn't be long now. Can't wait to get there....

Guest JennyHanson

my 457 was submitted electronically on 16th march and got approved 27th april...

MY FIRST POST ON SITE AFTER READING THROUGH IT ON MANY TIMES!! Our employer lodged paper 457 application 6 weeks ago on 23rd March to MELBOURNE office, and we are still awaiting a nomination or TRN number, so we can commence things from our end!!! Is there really such a backlog?? Driving me mad, feels like we are never getting away since we cant even get conformation that the business sponsor has been approved/or nomination.... In saying that I am avidly reading this lengthy thread and know we are not alone... Employer rang yesterday and DIAC told him her should hear by MONDAY!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :arghh::arghh:

Guest CESCAK
Congrats to all the visa approvals recently!!!

We finally got a reply from our CO telling us she will be processing our application further early next week and hopes to finalise it then!!!

Holding breath from here on out!!!!! :eek:

Wow! That's brilliant, soon your long waiting will be over. Good luck!

Hi Karen,

Not sure about the melbourne office, as we're going to perth.

Our employer posted got approval from immigration to sponser international workers on 4th April, got a equest for more information on the 6th April, and we got our TRN's to start our application on the 7th April. This was all done online though, not paper based.

The fact that yours is taking so long is a worry. I'm sure someone who's been through the process will be in touch soon with an update.

H.

we too got worried that it would never come.. waited 52 days (above the average).. and it's easy to say be patient (when the rest of your life depends on it).. but try and make the most of the time now till your visa arrives. Ours only came on Thursday, and already the running round and lack of sleep is amazing (the adrenalin is running out)... It will come..

good luck.

Guest cazbob
CRACK OPEN THAT BOTTLE!!!! WE GOT IT!!

We phoned our case officer and he was laughing.. he found it amazing that we spoke to him as he stamped our approval!!!!! He said it should have been done last week and doesn't know why it wasn't.. but hey.. 52 days waiting and it's here!

we have a 17 year old coming with us, and we don't know anyone there, but I recon that's fine, cos we didn't know anyone when we moved to Spain 4 years ago.. and now have double wammy of goodbyes (Spain friends and UK)...

Feels unreal now!!!! OMG!!!(just want to wake everyone up, but it's 4.30am here/3.30 in UK, so better wait a few more hours!)

HOLD ON IN THERE EVERYONE.. IT'S COMING !!!! (anything worth having is worth waiting for!):wink:

dont know how we would have survived without PIO !!!!

LEGEND!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

feels amazing doesn't it? and 52 days?? crikey! giving me a run for my money on waiting interminably!! :P

Enjoy it mate, you deserve it! :D

:hug:

Caz

Guest can36
Thanks everyone, it seems that it doesnt take 8 weeks and I think our application is pretty straight forward.

Joanne - I am not going to be working, its my Husband who is being sponsored and he is a Civil Engineer so probably wont need a police check.

Thanks again everyone, I will continue to stalk the immi.gov website until they grant our visa ha ha.

Hi Lexi - who is your hubbie going to work for if you don't mind me asking? My partner is also a Civil Engineer being taken over to QLD on a 457

Guest ozzietobe

Finally VISA APPROVED!!!!! :biggrin::jiggy:

Whoooooo hoooooooo, cant believe its finally happened!!!!!! WOW!!!!!

Guest cazbob

Congratulations Ozzietobe!! :D

Guest Let me in

Excellent News! Good luck!

Guest ozzietobe

Ours was a loooooooooooooooooooong wait, application went in 20 January and was approved today!!!

Guest journeydownunder
Ours was a loooooooooooooooooooong wait, application went in 20 January and was approved today!!!

Congrats ozzietobe! I have to say some of these long timescales are making me nervous. Is there any particular reason that yours took so long? Really hoping ours doesn't take that long or else we're in trouble!

have a quick question, and its somewhat related to this thyread.

Does anyone know, or has heard of, anyonme being REFUSED a 457 visa?

I only ask as everyone is waiting, and the timescales seem to apply that they're doing soem sort of checks etc. Just wondering if these are actually useful checks if no-one ever gets refused....

(i'm hoping i've not jinxed myself by posting this!)

Guest ozzietobe

Who knows why ours took so long!!

Sorry cant help you there!

Either a not so efficient case officer, or a veeeeeeeeery long queue!!!! :rolleyes:

Guest ozzietobe

I only ask as everyone is waiting, and the timescales seem to apply that they're doing soem sort of checks etc. Just wondering if these are actually useful checks if no-one ever gets refused....

I was told perhaps they did checks on us (apparantly they do, do random full checks) and thats why ours took so long, cant be 100% sure though!

Dont know if anyone has been refused a 457 visa, sorry!

I submitted my application on 20th feb and still waiting I heard they are giving priority to those applications who are related to building industry due to floods so this maybe the reason for delay as I am not in trade.

Guest CESCAK

Congratulations!!!! Soooo happy for you! :hug:

Thanks so much CESCAK :biggrin:

Hi can you tell me when ur status changed to "application being processed further" ? I am still waiting for my visa n status changed on 29april so wondering how much more time it will take thanks

Archived