Irish People Perth Bound!!!!

Guest bcfrug

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends you can get houses from $420 up to $1000+ a week. Depends what you look for. If you don't mind living in the older side of Hillarys were Mawson Park, Mall, Coles and the school is then you can get a reasonable rental if you want a brand new down by the beach you will pay a bit more. You probably won't get a pool but eh the beach is 2 mins down the road.

hi sharon only here 2 weeks in simlar way we came 2gether me huddy dave and daughter 5 shes startin school next week lookin at houses at mo in rockkin

Hey there,

Any luck with house in rocky?Myself,val and Ronan(4 in aug)live in Medina near Rockingham.Not a bad area apart from what you hear from aussies but quiet socially!Derek.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Corkgal

WOO HOO. Finally got our visa's. Had to wait 7 weeks after our application was lodged. Perth bound mid Sept. Looking at rentals at the moment but still have no idea where we will end up. Have accomdation sorted for the first month but does anyone have any ideas about short term rentals if we dont find a place in the first month. Been looking into places like Shelley and Riverton nice but pricey as its only myself and O/H. Any tips??

Excited.com

WOO HOO. Finally got our visa's. Had to wait 7 weeks after our application was lodged. Perth bound mid Sept. Looking at rentals at the moment but still have no idea where we will end up. Have accomdation sorted for the first month but does anyone have any ideas about short term rentals if we dont find a place in the first month. Been looking into places like Shelley and Riverton nice but pricey as its only myself and O/H. Any tips??

Excited.com[/Q

Don't have any tips but congrats on your visa:biggrin:

Guest c to the g

Myself and my girlfriend got are 457 approved going to Perth in august

Visa only took 4 days!!!

caught us by surprise was expecting much longer:err:

Excited.com

Ask the company that is sponsoring you to contact the estate agent directly. They are likely to be more helpful.

Guest JonnyNI

There it is - the point of no return... Flights are booked for the 20th February and we are starting to get everything organised...

Going by this thread there is going to be a substantial Irish contingent out there - see you guys soon!!! :biggrin:

Jonny

Guest Galwaygal

Hi All, finally finished reading most of the previous posts so good to read that the move for those of you already gone over is working out and ur settling in.

We're a family of 3, little girl 14mths and ootw due in feb 13), .Hubby already gone and working in Newman..not a fifo position although he is looking real hard.

We desperate to move out so looking at short term rentals in perth at the moment and hoping to go in 6-8 weeks..not too fussed on area yet as we'll hav good look round when we get over. Just hava few questions if anyone can help.

1. Has any of you girls had a baby over in OZ? Was it expensive?

2. Can anyone who already used shortterm accomodation recommend a site or contact details ?

Theres so much info on ths thread but would appreciate any comments or info on the above

Thanks Emer

Hi All, finally finished reading most of the previous posts so good to read that the move for those of you already gone over is working out and ur settling in.

We're a family of 3, little girl 14mths and ootw due in feb 13), .Hubby already gone and working in Newman..not a fifo position although he is looking real hard.

We desperate to move out so looking at short term rentals in perth at the moment and hoping to go in 6-8 weeks..not too fussed on area yet as we'll hav good look round when we get over. Just hava few questions if anyone can help.

1. Has any of you girls had a baby over in OZ? Was it expensive?

2. Can anyone who already used shortterm accomodation recommend a site or contact details ?

Theres so much info on ths thread but would appreciate any comments or info on the above

Thanks Emer

Second hand info here, but I think you only need to pay for the scans, everything else comes under the reciprocal agreement. Check out the Medicare website.

hi guys.. we,re hoping to head to perth early jan/ feb 2013.. or sooner.. waiting for 176 to be granted and then the fun begins! good luck guys and would be great to met over there!! living in lisburn at mo. x

Hi

we have just been granted our 176 visa and now the hard works starts. SCARY STUFF but excited!!! we are hoping Apr/May 2013 to move. Would love to hear from anyone who has moved or moving around this time. There's me (34), DH (45), 2 kids 7 and 4. Not sure what area as have seen a few NOR but would like feedback if possible. these are: Stirling / Inaloo / Yokine / Duncraig / Joondalup.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Waiting on a 176 visa, medicals stuck in referred limbo for 2 weeks now.

Really intrested in hearing from Irish who have moved, or are about to move (shipping companies/airlines/job hunting etc)

Have found loads of good advice on site so far, thanks for that!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sineadb01

I'm new to this and it all seems very daunting :twitcy:

In application process so still quite some way to go, hoping to move to Perth next summer, (me 38, hubby 38 and twin boys 5) my niece and her fiance are moving also ( both fully qualified architects with masters - he is already there since June and she is following with their 3 yr old daughter in september) so atleast we will have some support when we get there.. Rob (my hubby) is building surveyor but does mostly litigations and project management, seems to be plenty of work out there for that line of things.. We have 5 year old twin boys so I'm going to start doing some research on schools and good areas to live etc..

Any advice greatly welcome..

Good luck to everyone :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Looking for advise on shipping companies and has anybody shipped their car? Looking to head over at end of year or early next year. My husband and one of my sons stayed in Perth when we validated our visas in July. So Im left with tying up all the loose ends here. Any advice is appreciated

Guest koalabear
Hi All,

Jus trying to establish are there many Irish people here heading for Perth.

Thought is would be a good idea to get a thread going for us all.

We are a family of 3 hoping to hit Perth late 2011 or Jan 2012. (Age 30/Age 29/Daughter Age 4)

Was wondering if there are many others from Ireland in the same boat and was wondering if there is enough of us to arrange a big group meet up somewhere over the next while.

Anyway include your details and chat soon.

Cheers:biggrin:

Hi, ya i am hoping to get to perth in the new year, my partner is there since july, he needs to get sponsored so that me and our daughter can follow over, so realistically im thinking it could be march/april before we get to go over. (age 27/age 26/ age 2) he has a job now and has been made permenent but now he needs to wait for his trade recognition course and for the sponsorship process which i have no idea how long it takes...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi we're here near a year.. Living sor and so far all going great. Able to save bought 2 nice ute,s... Settling into the lifestyle ie drinking lots of beer on the hot evenings... ( need to join gym ASAP)... Lol. Where are you guys who have made the jump here..

Hi All,

Jus trying to establish are there many Irish people here heading for Perth.

Thought is would be a good idea to get a thread going for us all.

We are a family of 3 hoping to hit Perth late 2011 or Jan 2012. (Age 30/Age 29/Daughter Age 4)

Was wondering if there are many others from Ireland in the same boat and was wondering if there is enough of us to arrange a big group meet up somewhere over the next while.

Anyway include your details and chat soon.

Cheers:biggrin:

Very many Irish where I live. Next door neighbours are from Donegal. Two houses behind me are Irish, a bloke house sitting the "other side"

next door is Irish.

I live in the Inner City and last year we had for the first time the Irish Festival for St Patricks Day, which consisted of a parade followed by a day of entertainment and sport at the local oval. Bob Goldorf gave a speech.I hear Irish accents all the time around here. There is an Irish pub down the road and another ten or so minutes walk away.

I can't speak for other areas by there are certainly a lot of Irish in this area.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, we are on the verge of taking the plunge and applying for our visa. My husband is a stone mason and we have two children 9 & 5, i am 37 he is 42 and was looking for some feedback from families who have moved. How are you finding it is the cost of living manageable. Would really appreciate some information on how you all settled in. We are looking a Perth but the Visa process is very expensive so I do have some fears... better the devil you know and all that... would love to hear from some of you...

Archived