Irish People Perth Bound!!!!

Guest bcfrug

Hey Kaz,

I'm so very sorry to hear about your mum, hope you're doing ok.

Can't offer you any advice re 457 and sponsors. Last time we chatted we were only begining whole process, we now have 176 visa lodged since 24/2 so please God we will receive good news soon. Anyway just wanted to reply when I saw your post. Big hugs to you and your family and hope things work out for ye.

Karen x[

QUOTE=kaz11;1367763]Hi, Haven't been on in a while - had to put all plans on hold as my mum was dying:cry:.

Have just started again putting plans in place - my husband is a coded welder and i'm almost trained up as a occupational first aid/manual handling instructor. We're hoping to go using the 457 path - can anyone advise on the best way to find a sponsor? Did everyone travel over to find sponsor? We are planning on leaving next January, looking at the Secret Harbour area but are open to anywhere really. O/H wouldn't mind a FIFO job. We've 3 children - 16, 8 & 6. Any help greatly appreciated.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi there,

It would be great to set up some form of support group. There is group called fifo families and they meet up once in a while.. We don t have our date as of yet.. Few more weeks only so getting nervous:)) keep in touch ...

Carol

Hi there,

We have our visa lodged and hope to be perth bound as soon as we get the "golden ticket"! My oh is planning on doing FIFO also so I would be very interested in a support group, if I can be of any help just holler!!!

Karen x

Guest PhilPom
Hey there have our visas but no job can anyone suggest where to apply what companies for carpenters or general handyman maintaince??

Kerrygirl, if you are looking for FIFO, maybe try Core Staff. They deal with a lot of different FIFO trades. Alternatively, try Skilled Personnel as they deal a lot with supplying trades people. As I am not a tradie myself, I can't be more helpful than that.

Guest Kerrymama

Hi karen,

Just been granted our 457 visa this morning !!!!! Still hasn t sunk in so exciting and spool scary at the same time. We ll def keep I'm touch and hopefully u guys will be here soon. Keep me posted on yer progress.

All the best.

Carol.

Hi Irishdancing,

just wondering did you make it to oz? my hubby is a carpenter too and we want to move to perth with our kids, but because he has been out of carpentry work for 2 years we have to find a sponsor which seems to be impossible. so if you did move are you glad you did and is there much work for carpneters?

Jo

Guest Corkgal

Congrats Carol!!!

We just got an email this morning from migration agent telling us we need to prove we are in a de facto relationship. Together 4 years engaged 1. No joint bank account yet!!! So we now have gather a load of info for them which will take time. So we may not see Perth as soon as we had thought. Any tips?

Hey there,

We were in the same situtation engaged 3 yrs,1 kid and together 7 years.We never bothered with joint account but i was named driver on her car and vice versa.So we sent copy of insurance and anything with both our names on it away.Tip is to get friends to send you wedding invites or any event invite with both your names on and youll be grand.Were here since jan and settling in nicely.[

Derek,val and ronan.QUOTE=Corkgal;1935763010]Congrats Carol!!!

We just got an email this morning from migration agent telling us we need to prove we are in a de facto relationship. Together 4 years engaged 1. No joint bank account yet!!! So we now have gather a load of info for them which will take time. So we may not see Perth as soon as we had thought. Any tips?

Hi, just wondering if there are any Irish living near Bribie Island in Queensland. We seem to be the only ones :(

Family of 3, my husband works long hours so I am on my own a lot with baby of 11 months. I have joined a few Mother and Baby groups but no Irish there. Friendly people there, some English and other nationalities but would love to know if any Irish nearby.

Hey there,

Did you send them on any documents before to prove ye are in a relationship? Our visa has been lodged since 24th feb and we have had no word yet, we are together 6 years and have a little boy who is almost 2. We have joint account so sent off documents regarding that and our mortgage together, we also sent off bills, phone , esb etc, both our names weren't on them bills but it showed us both with the same address. Hopefully it will be enough, I never thought to send off invites or cards so if you have them send them also. I'm just hoping we sent enough and don't experience any more delays! Anxious at this stage to get going!!

Karen

QUOTE=Corkgal;1935763010]Congrats Carol!!!

Hiya Mir,

Maybe set up your own thread asking this question as I really think only people in or heading to Perth are on this thread. Hopefully you'll have some luck finding friends, I'm sure when you're so far from home even to just hear another Irish accent is comforting. Good luck.

Karen

UOTE=Mir;1935763303]Hi, just wondering if there are any Irish living near Bribie Island in Queensland. We seem to be the only ones :(

Family of 3, my husband works long hours so I am on my own a lot with baby of 11 months. I have joined a few Mother and Baby groups but no Irish there. Friendly people there, some English and other nationalities but would love to know if any Irish nearby.

Hey Derek, Val and Ronan.......great to hear ye are settling in so well. Please God we will be headed your way soon!!!!

Karen, James and James!

Hey there,

We were in the same situtation engaged 3 yrs,1 kid and together 7 years.We never bothered with joint account but i was named driver on her car and vice versa.So we sent copy of insurance and anything with both our names on it away.Tip is to get friends to send you wedding invites or any event invite with both your names on and youll be grand.Were here since jan and settling in nicely.[

Guest Corkgal

Hey,

Thanks for the tips i never thought of the car insuance!! Hopefully we will have enough to get the visa!!

Hey there,

Guest PhilPom
Congrats Carol!!!

I would even throw in a few photos of the 2 of you at weddings, holidays etc which is the approach my partner took and seemed to work along with household bills. You'll get them all back if you want them otherwise the Embassy just destroys them.

Guest Corkgal

Hey thanks everyone for the addvice. Emailed off a whole load of stuff yesterdey. Bills in joint names, photos, seperate bank statements with same address to show we are living together. I even sent the receipt for my engagement ring which has my fiance's name on it. So fingers crossed folks!!!

Karen to answer your question we had already sent off a few documents but nowheere near enough!!

Hi Irishdancing,

just wondering did you make it to oz? my hubby is a carpenter too and we want to move to perth with our kids, but because he has been out of carpentry work for 2 years we have to find a sponsor which seems to be impossible. so if you did move are you glad you did and is there much work for carpneters?

Jo

Hi yes we sure did move to Perth only on 20th March so we are not here long....there seems to be loads of work but its knowing who to ring. my hubby has some work

starting monday 2nd april so we will see how it goes, but def is a brill place to be no regrets at all. will keep you updated on our adventure :)

Guest cazperth
Hi yes we sure did move to Perth only on 20th March so we are not here long....there seems to be loads of work but its knowing who to ring. my hubby has some work

starting monday 2nd april so we will see how it goes, but def is a brill place to be no regrets at all. will keep you updated on our adventure :)

Hello Irishdancing....

Where abouts are you in Perth.. Im in SOR! Its brillant isn't it, no regrets this end either and I so didnt want to come at all... But all going really good....

Hi Everyone,

I've just spent the past few days and god knows how many hours in total re-reading all 105 pages on this thread. Have gotten soooo many useful tips from doing this, would recommend it to everyone!

Hano - any news yet - i'm dying to know:wink:

We have come round to the fact that the 457 is our only route and have set a moving date of mid Feb 2013. That gives us plenty of time to save, find a sponsor, have one last christmas with friends and family, be here for mams first anniversary as I don't want to leave picking a headstone to my sisters and brother - the last they were talking it was to be in the shape of the man-utd crest!!! Seriously I am so happy now we have a definite goal in mind. My training finishes mid may and oh going to Kerry till Nov to do some extra training -everything to improve opportunities when we get there. Good luck to all on here starting out, enjoy the ride, this forum is full of great people with the same goal in mind and more than happy to help answer any questions. If I can be of help to anyone please do not hesitate to contact me.

Karen . xx

Can anyone over there say if they used ozhouserentals for their temporary accomadation, would appreciate any feedback.

karen

Has anyone any experience of getting a 457 while on holiday in perth - did it take long to get? Have seen great deal on flights and short-term let - if oh doens't get sponsor is it possible for us to go on holiday visa, find sponsor while there or is it better to organise from here? Anyone do this? We could have enough to support us on 'holiday' for about 3 months but would need to start working asap.

Guest alan healy

hey kaz11

i went out on a holiday visa last sept and went around the country looking for a sponcer, i got a guy in perth in the end , came home after that and have applied for our visas , paper work being lodged this week , delay was due to employer , have every think ready bar medicals , i going out on a 119 visas , must stay with employer for 2 year but will have PR once time is finished, thing it better than 457 ive being told

if you want to get out there and live you need to get out there and find a job , i was 1.5 years looking fron here and just had to go out in the end , it easier out there i think people think you have made a effort because you went out there ,

any other question just ask

Has anyone any experience of getting a 457 while on holiday in perth - did it take long to get? Have seen great deal on flights and short-term let - if oh doens't get sponsor is it possible for us to go on holiday visa, find sponsor while there or is it better to organise from here? Anyone do this? We could have enough to support us on 'holiday' for about 3 months but would need to start working asap.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for that - I've been so excited at the prospect of another way in!! Been on the government site checking it out. Is it very expensive to do it this way if you don't mind me asking, did you have to do trade assessment etc. We would go over for holiday to find a sponsor if it means we can go this way, has your agent told you roughly how long this visa takes to process?

Thanks again - Karen

I asked on another thread about transferring cash home, and got some good answers, but many of the suggestions are relevant to the UK stirling, not the euro. What do the rest of you do? I am making weekly transfers via the bank but its costing a bomb and exchange rate is crap. Any ideas?

I asked on another thread about transferring cash home, and got some good answers, but many of the suggestions are relevant to the UK stirling, not the euro. What do the rest of you do? I am making weekly transfers via the bank but its costing a bomb and exchange rate is crap. Any ideas?

Ya I would'nt mind knowing this myself as i'l be needing to do this myself. What is is costing you to send money back for example for every $1000 what do u end up with after fees and charges in ur Irish Euro acc?

Thanks Sinead

Guest alan healy

hey karen

ya it is another way in , bit expensive but u it will be worth ever penny i think ,

my 119 visa takes from 5 to 7 month once lodged but my employer is applying to get me over faster prob down to 2 month he must show more paper work to do this , didnt do a trade assessment just have to show i worked in my profession for the last 10 years or so. im a carpenter,

hope this helps

kc

Hi Alan,

Thanks for that - I've been so excited at the prospect of another way in!! Been on the government site checking it out. Is it very expensive to do it this way if you don't mind me asking, did you have to do trade assessment etc. We would go over for holiday to find a sponsor if it means we can go this way, has your agent told you roughly how long this visa takes to process?

Thanks again - Karen

Archived