Irish People Perth Bound!!!!

Guest bcfrug

Guest Kerrymama

Hey guys,

So we arrived in Perth in the early hrs of 10th April. We are finally over the jetlag and the emotional few days that followed.. We will be moving into our house in our house in edgewater next Sat so looking forward to finally having a base. My daughter will be starting school in ocean reef next week so fingers crossed she will like it. I would really like to meet up with some other Irish families and children around the same age as my daughter(10) in the area..

Carol.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PhilPom
Hey guys,

So we arrived in Perth in the early hrs of 10th April. We are finally over the jetlag and the emotional few days that followed.. We will be moving into our house in our house in edgewater next Sat so looking forward to finally having a base. My daughter will be starting school in ocean reef next week so fingers crossed she will like it. I would really like to meet up with some other Irish families and children around the same age as my daughter(10) in the area..

Carol.

Carol have a look at Facebook for Irish Families in Perth and join. They are always organising get togethers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Hasn't been much activity on here for a while - so just thought i'd post that we received an email this morning from migration agent saying our visa has been approved!!!!

OMG dont know what to think ....delighted but terrified. Heads all over the place didnt expect it so soon ....better celebrate tonight before all the stress kicks in.

Hi all

Hasn't been much activity on here for a while - so just thought i'd post that we received an email this morning from migration agent saying our visa has been approved!!!!

OMG dont know what to think ....delighted but terrified. Heads all over the place didnt expect it so soon ....better celebrate tonight before all the stress kicks in.

Congrats

Hey guys,

Carol.

Hi Carol. We are in Merriwa 20 mins away from you not sure if thats to far for you but would love to meet up also have daughter/s at 10,13 and 19

Stephanie

Guest koalabear

Hi guys,

Im from cork, in the process of trying to move to Perth, me (26) himself (27) and our daughter (21months) the thing is my boyfriend's visa has been approved- he applied for working hol visa and he's gonna go over and try get sponsered and once he's sponsered me and our daughter will follow over... im not lookin forward to us being separated for so long... we were advised this was the quickest way for us to get over so that's why we did it this way... i just hope he gets sponsered asap so we can follow him over asap. He's an electrician and im a Montessori teacher. would love to hear from anyone in a similar situation. :animal-bear::animal-bear::animal-bear::animal-bear:

Guest alan healy

Hey Koala bear

We are in the same situation , i 32, wife 31 and daughter 14 months , i decided i need to go out and get work out there, i went out in sept 11 for 5 week on a hol visa and secured a sponser in perth , last friday my nomanation to be sponcered came true and will be sending in a doc and paper next week we hope , we have applied on a 119 visa cause perth is reganional area we get pr after 2 years , any question come back to me...

Hi guys,

Im from cork, in the process of trying to move to Perth, me (26) himself (27) and our daughter (21months) the thing is my boyfriend's visa has been approved- he applied for working hol visa and he's gonna go over and try get sponsered and once he's sponsered me and our daughter will follow over... im not lookin forward to us being separated for so long... we were advised this was the quickest way for us to get over so that's why we did it this way... i just hope he gets sponsered asap so we can follow him over asap. He's an electrician and im a Montessori teacher. would love to hear from anyone in a similar situation. :animal-bear::animal-bear::animal-bear::animal-bear:

Guest koalabear

Hi Alan, thanks for the reply, so u went over on your own first for 5 weeks? how come it took so long for sponsership to come through? is that the normal waiting time or is it different for everyone? my boyfriend is an electricain and he has to do a trade recognition course for 12 weeks over there b4 he can even start applying for sponsership, so i know he'll be der for a minimum of 12 weeks without us and then he's gonna stay over there to try get sponsered and find a house to rent b4 we get there, but i was hoping he myt get sponsered very soon after he's finished the 12 week trade recognition course- do u know if thats possible?

Guest Craig Forsythe

Hi folks,

23 year old guy from Belfast here, moving to southern Perth on June 6th. Already have my grandparents and 2 uncles living there, but would be cool to get friendly with some familiar accents, it's a long way from home!

Hi folks,

23 year old guy from Belfast here, moving to southern Perth on June 6th. Already have my grandparents and 2 uncles living there, but would be cool to get friendly with some familiar accents, it's a long way from home!

You won't have any problems with famililar accents, it might be a case of spot the Aussie accent.

hey guys, yahoo hubbys visa was granted, tickets booked heading to perth in june 19th.. just woundering wat da schools are lik in the bibra lake, whats that area lik? any tips would be gratdfully apprecated.. I have a 5 year old daughter, hubby 27 and me 25.. also what is the ladies gaelic footie like?

Hi am just wondering how long it takes to have visa granted once all papaerwork completed, had medicals finalised on 27th April but haven't heard anything since then, documentation on the department of immigration website states that they haven't been met yet, everything else has been met, would appreciate any feedback, Thanks

Guest sharon265

Hi all im arrived in perth 5 weeks ago hubby has been here 8 months got things set up for us. just wondering if there is any irish on this living around settlers baldivis or rockingham that would like to meet up. we have a 2 1/2 yr old girl and a boy whos 4. please contact me if anyone is interested in meeting up

Shar

Hi All

Just a few weeks left until the big move, just wondering if anyone could advise me on Shipping Companies, I have had quotes from Crown & Careline, any recommendations & experience from you would be great. We are also considering storage and Careline are offering us good rates.

Thanks in advance.

Guest PhilPom
Hi all im arrived in perth 5 weeks ago hubby has been here 8 months got things set up for us. just wondering if there is any irish on this living around settlers baldivis or rockingham that would like to meet up. we have a 2 1/2 yr old girl and a boy whos 4. please contact me if anyone is interested in meeting up

Shar

Sharon you should have a look at the sister site to this one http://www.perthpoms.com and you will find other Irish on there trying to meet up.

Guest PhilPom
Hi All

Just a few weeks left until the big move, just wondering if anyone could advise me on Shipping Companies, I have had quotes from Crown & Careline, any recommendations & experience from you would be great. We are also considering storage and Careline are offering us good rates.

Thanks in advance.

We used Careline to ship from Dublin and found them very professional and the cheapest (4 years ago). The only issues we had was that they ripped one leg off our dining table without telling us and a couple of glasses got broken. Someone else on PerthPoms.com used them as well just recently and found they stuffed up the paperwork so there was a delay in getting their furniture sent over. I seem to remember Crown being one of the others we got quotes from but they were more expensive.

Have you looked at getting a quote from NatRoss? Some on Perthpoms have said their quotes were the cheapest although they weren't when we moved.

Guest PhilPom

Shar

Alternatively Sharon, in addition to my previous post, have a look at Facebook for "Irish Families In Perth" and join. A majority seem to live in the northern suburbs but you're sure to find some living down your way.

Guest Rocketship

Hi guys

We are hoping to move to Perth in September. For those if you that are already out there can you advise? I'm a little nervous about all the bad press Irish are getting in Perth. People have told me that if you are irish letting agents don't want to deal with you... Please say this is not true... Appreciate your feedback.

Guest PhilPom
Hi guys

We are hoping to move to Perth in September. For those if you that are already out there can you advise? I'm a little nervous about all the bad press Irish are getting in Perth. People have told me that if you are irish letting agents don't want to deal with you... Please say this is not true... Appreciate your feedback.

It's only certain agents refusing to let to Irish and it tends to be groups of young single irish people.

It's only certain agents refusing to let to Irish and it tends to be groups of young single irish people.

Just got confirmation by email this morning, long term rental sorted before I go (Company helped with viewings etc). So, single guys is the issue with agents.

BTW, the visa process requires less documentation then getting a rental. Be prepared!

Hi All we finally got our 176 visa granted, over all the process was managable but the waiting was torture, deciding now when and if to travel as perth is sounding more expensive by the day, would love to hear feedback from people who have made the move in terms of cosat of living i hope to work as a nurse and my husband is a carpenter, does anybody know what the work situation for these are ,Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All - we have finally decided on a date - late feb 13 and have provisionally booked a rental, picked flights etc. Anyone else heading around this time next year?

Archived