Is there any irish thread???

Guest sinead

Guest sinead
Sinead, what part of the Birggan are you in again?

up in Bremore, you?

Hi Erynn,

Please forgive me if im being silly... is that for me?? whats it in regards to?? is she a migration agent??

Hi Sinead sorry it was, but realised after I posted that I was reading ur 1st thread on here back last year :laugh: see now that u have had ur visa granted!! Congratulations :wink: but to answer ur question, yes they are a migration agent.

Goodluck

Erynn

ah i see!! was trying to look back to see if id asked a question!! LOL!! no worries!!

Thanks for that Sinead. Think I will have to give the house a lick of paint before I invite the council out to it. I don't want it in exactly the state it is in now with my children's wall art on it :biggrin:

It definitely sounds like the option with the least amount of hassle. Hopefully they'll want the house

I invited them around, the whole back garden was dug up as hubby was re-seeding it due to drainage and it being a swamp!! LOL!! there was drawings all over the walls from my 2 and 5yr olds!! LOL!! i just said to your man, i wanted to make sure use didnt mind what colour i painted it and that!! LOL!!

It was my only option in the end... That or just walk away from it.. didnt wanna spend me new life looking over me shoulder!! LOL!!

Just get in contact with them.. where abouts are you yourself?

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sinead
I am in Moylaragh. That would be a great solution for us but I don't know if Fingal CC are interested.

Just ring them up.. thats what i did.. i got loads of "no's" but i kept ringing every week and pestering them till they came out and seen the place and they loved it.. its a small house (especially with the 4 of us in it) but its a lovley 2 bed... be perfect for a couple or a lone parent.. nice big garden..... Dont give up!! im fingal to!!

Your obviously goin brisbane?? you ozzie or the Mrs? Where do you stand with your visa? got it yet? when you going?

Just ring them up.. thats what i did.. i got loads of "no's" but i kept ringing every week and pestering them till they came out and seen the place and they loved it.. its a small house (especially with the 4 of us in it) but its a lovley 2 bed... be perfect for a couple or a lone parent.. nice big garden..... Dont give up!! im fingal to!!

Your obviously goin brisbane?? you ozzie or the Mrs? Where do you stand with your visa? got it yet? when you going?

Yeah, I will keep trying them. I am from Brisbane originally & the Mrs is Irish but a dual citizen so we are very lucky with no visa needed. It is just the house that is the big issue.

Where are you off to?

Edit, sorry Sydney. Just noticed :)

Guest sinead
Yeah, I will keep trying them. I am from Brisbane originally & the Mrs is Irish but a dual citizen so we are very lucky with no visa needed. It is just the house that is the big issue.

Where are you off to?

Edit, sorry Sydney. Just noticed :)

Thats perfect!! so lucky!!! and yeah!! headinghome to sydney.. cant wait now.. have tickets booked and all!! :biggrin: going septemeber

Sorry for the thread hijack, this is for the COYNE FAMILY,/anyone selling their car, ref selling the car, we have just changed our new car for an older model to start getting things rolling, if I was you I would put the car on Gumtree or the like and advertise it in the north,you will probably sell it a lot easier for better money as I know from experience this week it is hard to get a decent 2nd hand car up hear at the minute! I would have went to Dublin no problem to get a car as its only an hour and a half from Belfast now with the new motorway or 5o min from Newry or the like, there is no import duty to bring a car north and it just needs new plates (free/25 pounds) when taxed in the North, I'm sure u would get a better price up here at the minute as there's high demand for Decent 2nd hand cars. Gerard.

Well its all packed and on its way, what a relief, we went with Careline in the end, have to say they were great.

We did have the house sorted but we were having trouble with our future tenants so decided not to take them as if we were having trouble before they even moved in, forget about it.

So had an estate agent in today about letting the house, its going on the net tomorrow so fingers crossed she can get it let ASAP.

Car sold!! ended up dropping the price but it was worth it just to get it sold.

25 days and counting....getting the jitters, but I suppose thats only to be expected.

Just want to be there now I'm not looking forward to the flight we're flying with Qantas via London and Hong Kong we got a great price on the tickets so spent a little extra and booked the leg room.

Maria.x

Guest SusieOR

Can anyone tell me how long they are taking to come back from the Garda??? I am just trying to get my timings right... :biggrin:

Cheers Guys...

Susie

Guest Sue1203
Well its all packed and on its way, what a relief, we went with Careline in the end, have to say they were great.

We did have the house sorted but we were having trouble with our future tenants so decided not to take them as if we were having trouble before they even moved in, forget about it.

So had an estate agent in today about letting the house, its going on the net tomorrow so fingers crossed she can get it let ASAP.

25 days and counting....getting the jitters, but I suppose thats only to be expected.

Just want to be there now I'm not looking forward to the flight we're flying with Qantas via London and Hong Kong we got a great price on the tickets so spent a little extra and booked the leg room.

Maria.x

Hi Maria

Great to see you got your visa also...we got ours on 5 May so all go at the moment...we too are also probably going with Careline as they came in the cheapest...we are shipping our jeep and car over also and they are going to send them ahead of household stuff etc so when we arrive, they will arrive a day or 2 after us so we won't have to hire a car!!!!! We sent off for our permits a couple of weeks ago and I think we got them as the money has come out of the bank so I think thats a good sign!!! :)

So if anyone needs any advice, lets know.

At the moment we are going through getting my oh ARTC (he is an electrician) as we want to get that before we go over or even if again we get it just after we arrive at least then he can book in on the course for his electricians license!!!! We went through a crowd in Cork for this so again if anyone needs any info on this, lets know as we have been onto Energy Safety in Perth and now know the drill!!!! :)

How r u keeping, what date are you flying??? We went with Singapore Airlines in the end, we got them for the 4 of us, 2600euro which I didn't think was too bad???? We are flying out on 28 July...so our cars and that are getting picked up in 3 or 4 weeks!!! aaaaggghhhhhh

Sue

xx

Can anyone tell me how long they are taking to come back from the Garda??? I am just trying to get my timings right... :biggrin:

Cheers Guys...

Susie

We got ours back in 2 weeks- small rural station- it may take longer from one of the larger stations.

Just bear in mind that if you get visa you have to validate visa within 1 year from date of police certs ( it can be extended by an additional 3 months)

all the best

Guest SusieOR
We got ours back in 2 weeks- small rural station- it may take longer from one of the larger stations.

Just bear in mind that if you get visa you have to validate visa within 1 year from date of police certs ( it can be extended by an additional 3 months)

all the best

Hey paddygunner... ours is a small rural station too so hopefully that will be the same for us!!!

We are hoping to be gone by the end of this year at the latest so these dates should be ok...

Thanks v much for the info... Sx

Guest carrick2

hi all..............just spent the last couple o days readin thru this thread,didnt kno it was here,someone on cat2 thread told me about it,its nice t see how other people are handlin this mayhem.....we've our flights for perth booked for 18th jan 2012, and we started to get prices from movers, pickfords & crown relocations last week,pss next week......then with readin this thread got a few other names off you guys, i'll have to look into em, cheers folks................house up for sale, not even a sniff, so like the majority o yas we'll end up rentin......

Guest sinead

Maria.x

Hi Maria,

Sooooo excited for you!! got all excited reading all that meself!!!:wink: We fly out the 24th September!!! Im still bargaining with Careline and Aachener!! they are kind of on par with prices at the moment!!! did you bring everything?? How much was it in the end (if ya dont mind me asking) Cant wait till its just days for us!!!!! hope the rest of the lead up runs smoothly and you get new tennants!!!

Guest SusieOR

We got our case officer today...

OMG, I cant beleive we are finally getting somewhere, we are over the moon!!!

We are still waiting for 2 passports to come back for our 2 daughters... come on passport office, we need them asap!

Medicals booked for 13th June.

We need to get police certs for Ireland, UK & Australia!!!

I can bearly type...

Susie

Guest sinead

Morning all!!!

Just want to ask a few questions!!. We are flying out 24th September... Moving out of our house though at the end of June so we can move into me mams:mad: LOL!! so we can save!! We were going to ship our stuff arounf the 1st Septemeber. So we need to store our stuff for July and August!! Now ive spoken to Careline, and they said they would store our stuff untill we ship for €32 a week.. BUUUUTTTTT im worried of stuff getting ruined or damp?? itll be about 5 months all together that our stuff will be in storage and on the sea, LOL!! what are chances of stuff getting mouldy or damp?? not just while its getting shipped but while its getting stored aswell?

would appreciate any advice or tips!! thanks!!

Guest sinead

We are still waiting for 2 passports to come back for our 2 daughters... come on passport office, we need them asap!

I can bearly type...

Susie

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! delighted for you Susie!!!

Congrats!!!! you've enough to keep you busy now!!!

Guest loudu

I can bearly type...

Susie

Thats great news that your getting somewhere, fingers crossed its not too much longer :smile:

well maybe we will be on the same flight lol we r looking to go inJan too. and have just reduced the house price by £10k to see if it shifts, then if not its going down the rental market.. i cant rem if you were on our thread for a belfast meet but was looking into maybe 2nd or 9th of july if ppl can make it, i will keep u informed.

chris

hi all..............just spent the last couple o days readin thru this thread,didnt kno it was here,someone on cat2 thread told me about it,its nice t see how other people are handlin this mayhem.....we've our flights for perth booked for 18th jan 2012, and we started to get prices from movers, pickfords & crown relocations last week,pss next week......then with readin this thread got a few other names off you guys, i'll have to look into em, cheers folks................house up for sale, not even a sniff, so like the majority o yas we'll end up rentin......

Guest boots

I can bearly type...

Susie

Absolutely thrilled for you Susie!!! we are on the Irish forum also and have seen you have been waiting for quite some time.....Many, many conrats:yes:

Becks

Guest SusieOR
Absolutely thrilled for you Susie!!! we are on the Irish forum also and have seen you have been waiting for quite some time.....Many, many conrats:yes:

Becks

just a few years Becks!!! LOL...

Thanks all for the support :biggrin:

Guest carrick2

hi chris....no,we've never heard o a belfast meet,as it could b quite interestin..........we couldnt make the 9th july,we go to benidorm for a fortnight on the 7th july, could've done without it an done with the cash instead, ya see we thought it was gonna take a year or so to get the visa so we booked the holiday,the next week we got co then it just snowballed from there.....sods law an all that.............but after hols we're also lookin at droppin the house a bit.hate to but needs must..... certainly keep us updated on "meet" plans.................robin

I can bearly type...

Susie

Hi Susie,

We lodged our visa after a long wait from the SS, im a bit shocked by how quickly people are getting their visas granted, most are within 4-6 weeks, our agent said between 9-12 months, im a litle panicked now...Im new to this forum but starting to love it, so much questions answered here..I have a couple of questions for you, where did you get your medicals done and how long do the police checks take? we are in dublin, we asked our agent and they said not to worry about it yet as the medicals are only valid for 12 months and if we are left waiting on visa we will have to get them done again.

I was waiting 2 weeks for my daughters and my own passport. We got them last week, I ended up ringing them they said the passport express is now taking 15-18 working days..I hope you will get them soon,

best of luck,

Hi Susie,

We lodged our visa after a long wait from the SS, im a bit shocked by how quickly people are getting their visas granted, most are within 4-6 weeks, our agent said between 9-12 months, im a litle panicked now...Im new to this forum but starting to love it, so much questions answered here..I have a couple of questions for you, where did you get your medicals done and how long do the police checks take? we are in dublin, we asked our agent and they said not to worry about it yet as the medicals are only valid for 12 months and if we are left waiting on visa we will have to get them done again.

I was waiting 2 weeks for my daughters and my own passport. We got them last week, I ended up ringing them they said the passport express is now taking 15-18 working days..I hope you will get them soon,

best of luck,

Cork

Medical Clinic

Belvedere Surgery

Ardfallen Mall

Douglas Road, Cork

Telephone: +353 21 4294 777

Doctor(s):

Dr D O'Connell

Dr Margaret Ryan

Radiology Clinic

Euromedic Cork

Eglinton Street, Cork

Telephone: +353 21 431 9995

Dublin

Medical and Radiology Clinic

Health Check

Level 5, Mater Private Hospital

Eccles Street

Dublin 7

Telephone: +353 1 8858 850 (for appointments)

Email: australianvisas@materprivate.ie (for medical appointments)

Doctor(s):

Dr Patrick Kelly

Dr Martin Maguire

Dr Colette Nolan

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/i/republic-of-ireland/panel-doctors.htm

Guest SusieOR
Hi Susie,

best of luck,

Hiya, yeah they are going through so quick at the mo!!!

We are booked in on the 13th June to get our medicals done at the Mater... you only have 2 options in ROI... the Mater or Cork!!!

& the police certs take about 2-3 weeks so not long for them to come back...

& I really dont think you will be waiting 9 -12 months!!! but then you never know... What date did you lodge your visa application? & where are you heading to?

I'm kinda addicted to PIO... its great for the info!!!

Good Luck to you too... Sx

Archived