Is there any irish thread???

Guest sinead

AMC and Pickfords are cheapest for us, best quote so far was €4980 (AMC) and they came down by €345 or €650 if I unpack and get rid of all the packaging myself, the most expensive was €5875 ouch!

I'm waiting on 1 more to get back to me.

Sorry I should have said thats shipping to Brisbane with a 400 km drive after that. Thats why our prices are so high its the road haulage in oz thats bumping it up.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're in Clarehall its the same here, god I never thought they would have to many houses, just goes to show you the state the country is in, we should thank our lucky stars we are all getting the hell out of it.

My flights are booked for the 12th of June I cant wait.

Were heading 7th June to Melbourne.

Book flights through Singapore with a 24 hour stopover. Trying to book the transit hotel for a period and then we will probably take in the cinema to pass some time.

We have had best quote for 20ft container from aachner at €4750 approx .

All the best with the move.

yea I found Careline the Cheapest so far.. Who'd you find the cheapest?? the prices range from €2200 to €4600!! ridiculous!!!

Hi sinead just looking at quotes as well who did you get at €2200? looks like a great quote!:twitcy:

Guest murph33

We got a quote for 100 cubic feet for €740 not bringing any furniture as we are renting out the house, so mainly just boxes of clothes, toys, TV and kids bikes.

All documents are with the agent now so hopefully will have out visa by the end of April. Planning on being in Melbourn by end of June.

Guest sinead
yea I found Careline the Cheapest so far.. Who'd you find the cheapest?? the prices range from €2200 to €4600!! ridiculous!!!

Hi sinead just looking at quotes as well who did you get at €2200? looks like a great quote!:twitcy:

Hi sparkylm.. that quote is with Careline!!! there the cheapest by miles!!!!

Guest loudu
Were heading 7th June to Melbourne.

Book flights through Singapore with a 24 hour stopover. Trying to book the transit hotel for a period and then we will probably take in the cinema to pass some time.

We have had best quote for 20ft container from aachner at €4750 approx .

All the best with the move.

wow paddy - not too long left till the big move.:smile:

thats great. are you getting all set for it?

Louise

wow paddy - not too long left till the big move.:smile:

thats great. are you getting all set for it?

Louise

Ya I know it is going to be a crazy couple of months.

How have you settled into Melbourne life, I forget which part you were hoping to live in.

Well we are just about to organise shipping household goods, trying to get timing right.

have short term rental until 10th July which gives us 4 weeks to get a long term rent. Looking to get removal company to collect belongings around mid May which hopefully will arrrive mid july, fingers crossed!!!!!!!!

Can't wait till we get there- thats when fun starts trying to find suitable suburb for us and schools for 2 boys and kindie for little girl!

Why didn't we do this in our 20's, it would have been so much easier!

How have you settled into Melbourne life, I forget which part you were hoping to live in.

Well we are just about to organise shipping household goods, trying to get timing right.

have short term rental until 10th July which gives us 4 weeks to get a long term rent. Looking to get removal company to collect belongings around mid May which hopefully will arrrive mid july, fingers crossed!!!!!!!!

Can't wait till we get there- thats when fun starts trying to find suitable suburb for us and schools for 2 boys and kindie for little girl!

Hi Paddygunner,

Have you decided an a removal company yet? if so which one did you go for?

Fair play to you ,your so organised I haven't sorted a place to stay yet i'm still trying to decide who to use to move our stuff :arghh:.

Guest loudu

Hey,

we moved to the south east suburbs to a place called sandringham.

we have setteled in great - making new friends and social life has been great too - lots of sports and outdoor activities. Grand prix this weekend.....yippeee:smile:

yeah, trying to time the shipping can be a pain alright. we sent our a month before we left ireland and got it about 6weeks after we got here. (think it was about 10weeks for us but that was over the xmas period too- when everything shuts down).

I agree, it probably might have been easier but then again- you get to meet people through the kids and school etc- so that helps with trying to settle in.

Do you know what area you want to move too?

Louise.

Guest Off to the Sun
That website looks very interesting. Could take a lot of the hassle out of renting it out from abroad. I'd love to hear how you get on. It looks like there are a lot of us in the same boat trying to rent out our houses on this thread

Kali, I just got an email back from Kilkenny Co.Co yesterday saying they are looking for my type of property and they want to send an engineer out for a technical assessment. We are off to Brisbane on our validation/reccie in two weeks time so I'm hoping they can come before that. I will keep you all posted on what they are looking for.

Hey have any Brisbane people any advice on where to bring two very energetic little boys, we are going to do the Koala sanctuary but after that I'm a bit stumped, that Our Brisbane website is an assault on the eyes!! We have 4 days there so any and every suggestion would be appreciated. :notworthy:

I'm going mad we'll miss a meet up, I've been reading about them for years, maybe we'll make the next one.

Congrats sparklylm on the visa!

Bel

Kali, I just got an email back from Kilkenny Co.Co yesterday saying they are looking for my type of property and they want to send an engineer out for a technical assessment. We are off to Brisbane on our validation/reccie in two weeks time so I'm hoping they can come before that. I will keep you all posted on what they are looking for.

Hey have any Brisbane people any advice on where to bring two very energetic little boys, we are going to do the Koala sanctuary but after that I'm a bit stumped, that Our Brisbane website is an assault on the eyes!! We have 4 days there so any and every suggestion would be appreciated. :notworthy:

I'm going mad we'll miss a meet up, I've been reading about them for years, maybe we'll make the next one.

Bel

How about Dreamworld or Movie World or Australia Zoo? There is a museum in Brisbane as well.

Hey,

we moved to the south east suburbs to a place called sandringham.

we have setteled in great - making new friends and social life has been great too - lots of sports and outdoor activities. Grand prix this weekend.....yippeee:smile:

yeah, trying to time the shipping can be a pain alright. we sent our a month before we left ireland and got it about 6weeks after we got here. (think it was about 10weeks for us but that was over the xmas period too- when everything shuts down).

I agree, it probably might have been easier but then again- you get to meet people through the kids and school etc- so that helps with trying to settle in.

Do you know what area you want to move too?

Louise.

We have been looking at suburbs all the way down to frankston and inland as far as berwick.

i think we just have to wait until we get there.

We are staying in a short term rental for a month in Seaford so I would imagine we will start looking in the suburbs nearby initially.

We have no jobs yet so that could play a part aswell as quality of schools.

We might meet up when we arrive to get the lowdown on Sandringham.

pg

Hi Paddygunner,

Have you decided an a removal company yet? if so which one did you go for?

Fair play to you ,your so organised I haven't sorted a place to stay yet i'm still trying to decide who to use to move our stuff :arghh:.

Going with Careline.

Were €150 dearer than Aachener but just felt they are a more recognised company.

€4600 for a 20ft container that I reckon will be full to the rooftop.

Mayo to Melbourne

Just an aside, it was the 4th visit to my area in a week for the Careline surveyor. Sign of the times!

We will fill you in on our experience.

We are plannig to move and what area?

Just thought I'd fill ye in on our wonderful news, but as always there's a catch. Our agent never informed DIAC that we were having a baby ( which we did tell him to do ) and as a result we went straight to visa grant!! So now we have to bring our baby as a tourist. As if that was'nt enough we have exactly eight weeks to get into oz, in the middle have our baby and somehow get everything organised for the five of us to ship out. We don't know how we're going to squeez it all in, I supose it does give some meaning to the phrase bring it on. Any way we will try to keep updated on how we get on

Good luck Paddy with the move.

Guest jemmajol

update:

YAY !!!!!!!!We have our visa granted- Were off down under!!!!!

long and stressful process but booked our flights today !! movers coming 11th April fly out 17th :-D

CONGRATS to Paddygunner- seems your looking in the areas we are , but same as you we wont really know till we get there. Will be staying with my sister in Camberwell til house contents arrive- already watching stuff on ebay.au- to tide us over:biggrin:

update:

long and stressful process but booked our flights today !! movers coming 11th April fly out 17th :-D

CONGRATS to Paddygunner- seems your looking in the areas we are , but same as you we wont really know till we get there. Will be staying with my sister in Camberwell til house contents arrive- already watching stuff on ebay.au- to tide us over:biggrin:

Well done on visa.

It's great you have family to go to.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Bel

That would be great! I think my area would be in demand as well. I'd really appreciate hearing how you get on with your technical assessment! Have a great time on your trip. We went to Perth earlier in the year and I found I felt so much more relaxed about the whole process when I got back. Have a ball

On another note. Congrats to all the recent new Visa holders!!! :wink:

Guest loudu

Hey Paddy,

I dont know seaford at all really, ive only passed through a few times when we were down around the penninsula. I love the beach down by mentone and mordialloc- there is a path all along the beach so its great for going for a walk.

definitely keep in touch and if you have any questions, just ask and hopefully we can try help.

Louise&joe

We have been looking at suburbs all the way down to frankston and inland as far as berwick.

i think we just have to wait until we get there.

We are staying in a short term rental for a month in Seaford so I would imagine we will start looking in the suburbs nearby initially.

We have no jobs yet so that could play a part aswell as quality of schools.

We might meet up when we arrive to get the lowdown on Sandringham.

pg

Guest loudu

Congratulations. wow - less than a month to go!!!!

as busy as you'll be with packing etc - just try enjoy the time too - it goes so fast.

update:

Guest murph33

Hi, am just wondering are Irish Citizens required to get health insurance on a 457 visa or are we covered under the reciprocal health care, cant quite figure it out.

Archived