Is there any irish thread???

Guest sinead

Guest sinead

Morning all, still waiting to hear if they got my app i sent last week!! money still not taken.. YET!! LOL!!

I have however started getting quotes from all differnt shipping companies yesterday!!! they differ somewhat ALOT!!! one was €4115 and the other was €2400 and i just had another guy leave my house there and i should hear from in 24hrs. I feel i dont have an awful lot to bring, its only a 2 bed house!!1 what prices have you all gotten??

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,do you know how many cubic feet you have I had gotten prices for the whole house 1250 CF, and they were coming in at the €6000 mark, now because we are renting out our house we are bringing allot less I would say half of what we were bringing.

I called the two company's I had gotten quotes from careline and crown and had new quotes over the phone I was amazed they only came down by €500 :swoon: maybe I should get them out to the house again.

It seems a bit steep.

I have pick fords coming tomorrow so we will see.

Can anyone recommend anyone else.

Maria.x

Guest sinead

i got quote from Careline and ARC. Careline was 2k and ARC was over 4K. Ill give a summary of what im bringing

2 seater, 3 seater, king bed, single bed, cot, 2 lockers, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, toaster kettle etc. pots, pans, cuttlery, plates, bowls, MILLIONS of kids TOYS, trampoline, 2 bikes, a corner unit, 2 tv's, a computer, and then theres bed linen, towels, CLOTHES... thats really it then... pretty much everything and a few things from the attic like xmas tree and decorations!!

I had AMC out today and they were lovley, so waiting to hear from them.. all quotes included packing and customs clearance everything really, no hidden extras!!!

i got quote from Careline and ARC. Careline was 2k and ARC was over 4K. Ill give a summary of what im bringing

2 seater, 3 seater, king bed, single bed, cot, 2 lockers, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, toaster kettle etc. pots, pans, cuttlery, plates, bowls, MILLIONS of kids TOYS, trampoline, 2 bikes, a corner unit, 2 tv's, a computer, and then theres bed linen, towels, CLOTHES... thats really it then... pretty much everything and a few things from the attic like xmas tree and decorations!!

I had AMC out today and they were lovley, so waiting to hear from them.. all quotes included packing and customs clearance everything really, no hidden extras!!!

Do you think it is worth bringing your TV? I brought one over to Ireland & had to take it in to get some sound sensor or something changed so the sound worked.

It is the same for TV's going to Aus I think.

Guest sinead
Do you think it is worth bringing your TV? I brought one over to Ireland & had to take it in to get some sound sensor or something changed so the sound worked.

It is the same for TV's going to Aus I think.

My dads an electrician, he said it was easily changed so here's hoping!! i hear TV's are pretty expensive out there anywyas???

MY MONEY WAS JUST TAKEN OUT!!!! ITS MOVING ALONG!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not Just Ned - A True History Of The Irish In Australia

The exhibition will be held at the National Museum of Australia in Canberra.

It's an eight hour drive or about one hours flying time from where I live -- I reckon it would be worth a visit.

National Museum of Australia - Not Just Ned

IrishDigger

Australia

I heard about this, my aunt is going with some friends. I'd say it would be very interesting. I told her that hopefully someday I will end up in such an exhibit :laugh:

Guest bren11
Hi Folks,

Are visa has just been approved! Cant believe it, very excited!!!!

Congrats RGallagher....how long were you waiting for your visa to be approved?

Guest sara40

Hello folks

Just wondering is anybody going to working aboard exp in Belfast on friday / or have they been to one before?

Is it worth paying the money to go do you get any more info or possibly a job out of it.

If any body can help

Many thanks

:daydreaming:

Hi Sara just my opinion but unless you have a degree in your chosen field and experience to go with it they are not worth money. I have been to a couple and all they seem to want is the ( cream of the crop ) and anyone else just gets put on a mailing list or directed towords the how to get a visa section. Having said that you will probably will get some info if your just looking into things for the first time and dont forget to bring cv and other documents along Good luck!!

Guest kerrygirl

Went to Dublin expo and for information its great, we have our visas, just signed up with a few agencies for work, dont know what will come of that!!!!

Guest sinead

Hi Everyone.. Just checking how everyones going?? This thread has gone pretty Quiet!!! Was just wondering what you are all doing with your house when you go?house just AINT gonna sell at this stage :arghh:! and renting it wont fully cover mortgage repayments coz ill lose me mortgage relief:sad:... Be good to hear what others are doing....

Hi Everyone.. Just checking how everyones going?? This thread has gone pretty Quiet!!! Was just wondering what you are all doing with your house when you go?house just AINT gonna sell at this stage :arghh:! and renting it wont fully cover mortgage repayments coz ill lose me mortgage relief:sad:... Be good to hear what others are doing....

We have no idea what to do. Probably going to rent it out for a year since we have a small bit of negative equity on it now.

Why o why didn't we sell when we could have made 100k on it :sad:

Guest sinead
We have no idea what to do. Probably going to rent it out for a year since we have a small bit of negative equity on it now.

Why o why didn't we sell when we could have made 100k on it :sad:

Bloody nightmare isnt it.. stupid god forsaken country!!!!:biglaugh:

Wish we lived in America where you could just post your keys back to the bank and say. thanks but no thanks!!!! Problem solved!!!:biggrin:

Bloody nightmare isnt it.. stupid god forsaken country!!!!:biglaugh:

Wish we lived in America where you could just post your keys back to the bank and say. thanks but no thanks!!!! Problem solved!!!:biggrin:

Yeah, you would be hunted till the day you die if you tried that here :biggrin:

I really don't want to rent it but who knows what property prices will be like in a year. No one seems to have ANY idea what will happen.

Guest sinead
Yeah, you would be hunted till the day you die if you tried that here :biggrin:

I really don't want to rent it but who knows what property prices will be like in a year. No one seems to have ANY idea what will happen.

Ive been looking into that RAS scheme.. its 5yrs guaranteed rental accomadation with long term social housing.... I aint never coming back here so dont care who's in it.... Just wanna buy some time so i can sell it!!!

Ive been looking into that RAS scheme.. its 5yrs guaranteed rental accomadation with long term social housing.... I aint never coming back here so dont care who's in it.... Just wanna buy some time so i can sell it!!!

We looked at that as well but I think they only pay you 80% of normal market rent value for the 5 year deal. Is that correct?

They have a 20 year deal for 90% I think. I also think they are not liable for damage. Is that correct?

We looked into this as well we had them out and the house was approved its €950 per month MAX we were told 4 years. Once you sign up they guaranteed you that amount every month.

They told me the max amount went down in the budge think it was €1100 per month, as far as i can remember he said even if the rates go back up you only get what you signed for. We're still thinking about it.

We looked into this as well we had them out and the house was approved its €950 per month MAX we were told 4 years. Once you sign up they guaranteed you that amount every month.

They told me the max amount went down in the budge think it was €1100 per month, as far as i can remember he said even if the rates go back up you only get what you signed for. We're still thinking about it.

Thanks, did they mention anything about damage & who is responsible? That is my main concern.

Archived