Is there any irish thread???

Guest sinead

Guest sinead
We looked at that as well but I think they only pay you 80% of normal market rent value for the 5 year deal. Is that correct?

They have a 20 year deal for 90% I think. I also think they are not liable for damage. Is that correct?

What they were offering me was the exact same as what the local estate agent said id get, so i dunno bout the 20% less thing and i dont know bout the 20yr 90% thing either!! Sorry!

I do however know tthat People going into them are people that have been housed for a minumim 3 years with no problems and are looking for more of a long term place.. and they are all supposed to vetted aswell... I know it might be a little less than what you'd get privately but its guaranteed and thts something id need.. I keep thinking if things go arseway even more than the rental will go down but i know where i stand!!

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We looked into this as well we had them out and the house was approved its €950 per month MAX we were told 4 years. Once you sign up they guaranteed you that amount every month.

They told me the max amount went down in the budge think it was €1100 per month, as far as i can remember he said even if the rates go back up you only get what you signed for. We're still thinking about it.

Thanks, who did you speak to about it? I would be very interested. I think my wife called Fingal CC in the past about it.

Guest sinead
Oh, ok. I guess that is to be expected. We would need someone to keep an eye.

I went into this with them and they said, they would be good tennants.. Like i said in a few posts up.. They are long term people they know and have good reference and are vetted....

Just wanted to say hi to all the Irish peeps on here... we are in the process of our visa now and I am due baby no 3 in June... am hoping things move along quick. We are moving over to my brother that is in North Brisbane. Cant wait. Thank God we arent in negitive equity as we bought our hours in 2002 and got a great price... we should get about 50k more than we paid back then... which is still hard as we put alot of money in to it. I just hope when the time comes we can actually sell it :-( Anyway great to read posts from Ireland, its more relevant to me as in shipping costs... etc etc etc.

Guest sinead
Just wanted to say hi to all the Irish peeps on here... we are in the process of our visa now and I am due baby no 3 in June... am hoping things move along quick. We are moving over to my brother that is in North Brisbane. Cant wait. Thank God we arent in negitive equity as we bought our hours in 2002 and got a great price... we should get about 50k more than we paid back then... which is still hard as we put alot of money in to it. I just hope when the time comes we can actually sell it :-( Anyway great to read posts from Ireland, its more relevant to me as in shipping costs... etc etc etc.

WELCOME!!!!!:biggrin: Its pretty good trying to figure out stuff in euros and irish companies.. although the whole site is great!!!! Lucky you with no negtive equity!! ive bucket loads!!!:biglaugh:

Lucky is right... reckon if we had of waited one year more to buy our first house we would be crying into our tea right now. Its awful the situation some people are in.... really and truly is... Ive friends in the exact same boat so I do sympathise. Im trying to work out how much we will need from shipping stuff over to arriving there for rent etc for a couple of months. Its hard tho.

Guest Off to the Sun

Hi guys, there is a website Do you have a property to let? there are factsheets on it with details the scheme. If you rent it for 5 years you are like a normal landlord (i.e. responsible for all maintanence) but if you do it over a longer period like 10 - 20 yrs you are only responsible for structural maintance, you only get 80% of the market value though.

I'm ringing Kilkenny Council this week, I'll let ye know how I got on.

Bel

I spoke to Alan on 2225353, your house has to be compliant with housing standards and you have to be able to obtain a tax clearance cert every year, you also need a BER Cert. Its more complicated when your an absentee landlord they can take 27% tax at source but their is ways around it just not too sure about how yet.

Hi, dunno if you saw the other thread but there is a meet up for Irish people moving to Brisbane arranged for Saturday the 2nd of April. It is on at 4 pm at the city west hotel. If you are interested it would be great to meet you. There are a few couples & kids going along. we are due for number 2 in July.

Hi guys, there is a website Do you have a property to let? there are factsheets on it with details the scheme. If you rent it for 5 years you are like a normal landlord (i.e. responsible for all maintanence) but if you do it over a longer period like 10 - 20 yrs you are only responsible for structural maintance, you only get 80% of the market value though.

I'm ringing Kilkenny Council this week, I'll let ye know how I got on.

Bel

That website looks very interesting. Could take a lot of the hassle out of renting it out from abroad. I'd love to hear how you get on. It looks like there are a lot of us in the same boat trying to rent out our houses on this thread

Guest sinead
I just rang Fingal CC & they said they don't need any more in my area. I will have to try them again closer to the time or try to think of something else.

Anyone looking to buy a house? :biggrin:

Ya dont happen to be in Balbriggan do ya?? coz thats where i am and i rang them again today and got the same answer!!!:mad:

Guest sinead

Well you've more luck than us!! We have a 2 Bed-Semi!!!!!:mad: I thought they just said no to me coz ive a 2 bed but id say this place is inundated with houses!! i mean just look around us!!!!

12 th June! You won't see that coming. I was driving up from the west at the weekend and the amount of for sale signs in some brand new housing estates was unreal. Such a shame

I know I haven't even had time to take it in, I've so busy packing and arranging things. I suppose it will hit me in the airport. Yea a real shame every second person I talk to is emigrating its very sad. Not to mention all those poor people in negative equity it makes my blood boil, thank god we bought our house in 1996 so we're OK.

Guest sinead
We're in Clarehall its the same here, god I never thought they would have to many houses, just goes to show you the state the country is in, we should thank our lucky stars we are all getting the hell out of it.

My flights are booked for the 12th of June I cant wait.

Thats grand that your in Clarehall, at least thats still a good area.. Balbriggan on the other hand!!!:biglaugh:

Its mad that we are all so close!! you never think it when your on the computer!! LOL!!

So jealous you've your tickets booked and all!! must be so exciting now!!! ill have to rack your brains over which shipping company you used and what your bringing!!!

Well you've more luck than us!! We have a 2 Bed-Semi!!!!!:mad: I thought they just said no to me coz ive a 2 bed but id say this place is inundated with houses!! i mean just look around us!!!!

The way the lady said it makes me think they are way over subscribed for houses. People in the Briggan seem to have stopped even trying to sell. There are a couple of for sale signs but not many.

Still, there are people worse off than us. Some are way way in negative equity with no hope of getting square any time soon.

Estate agents have been quite rude & dismissive as well. The shoe is on the other foot now. Sellers are a dime a dozen & they don't have to bother making much effort.

Thats grand that your in Clarehall, at least thats still a good area.. Balbriggan on the other hand!!!:biglaugh:

Its mad that we are all so close!! you never think it when your on the computer!! LOL!!

So jealous you've your tickets booked and all!! must be so exciting now!!! ill have to rack your brains over which shipping company you used and what your bringing!!!

No problem Sinead rack away. Maybe as we're all so close, we should get together some day and swoop ideas.

I'm just working through the spipping companies at the moment :SLEEP: got 4 quotes so far, its amazing how much you can save playing one off the other.

Guest sinead
The way the lady said it makes me think they are way over subscribed for houses. People in the Briggan seem to have stopped even trying to sell. There are a couple of for sale signs but not many.

Still, there are people worse off than us. Some are way way in negative equity with no hope of getting square any time soon.

Estate agents have been quite rude & dismissive as well. The shoe is on the other foot now. Sellers are a dime a dozen & they don't have to bother making much effort.

I know, its horrible... Ah sure we'll get there... Where theres a will, theres a way!!!! If i have to sell me soul to the devil himself, i will!!!:biglaugh:

No problem Sinead rack away. Maybe as we're all so close, we should get together some day and swoop ideas.

I'm just working through the spipping companies at the moment :SLEEP: got 4 quotes so far, its amazing how much you can save playing one off the other.

Yeah i found Careline the Cheapest so far.. Who'd you find the cheapest?? the prices range from €2200 to €4600!! ridiculous!!!

Archived