Is there any irish thread???

Guest sinead

Hi the Hulls family,

I noticed from you last thread you email liz the agent - we have email her also - but haven't heard anything from her, i was just wondering have you. did you email through the web site? i have also rang the company but no answer!!

We are also at the 1st stage trying to work out which is the best visa for us,

Best wishes for your move

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Sara40, yes we emailed her through her web site and got a reply within a few days,make sure your email went OK, I think they are busy with the amount of people tryin to get out off Ireland at the min lol!

They have responded again very quickly

And asked to send a Cv to see which visa the best option. G.

Hi just wondering if you have thought about doing your application yourself. We did ours and so far have had no major issues its not difficult once you read all the information.

Its just a thought I know everyones circumstances are different but if your case is straight forward with no major issues, say health issues or non migration depends etc etc... you could save yourself a fortune.

I got lots of help posting questions on here. Something to think about.

Best of luck, I'm no expert but if I can help in any way don't hesitate to ask.

Maria.x

Hi, just wondering something... I have just gotten off the phont to the high commission in London to ask a few questions, re the up to date price and that and i happened to mention certified copies i had at the Garda Station and the girl on the phone informed me that they dont accept the Garda certified copies?? it has to be a Solicitor or Justice of peace?? is this correct???

Thanks the Hull family - i have forward another email off to Liz, so hopefully she get this one. I think everybody is fed up with this snow & ice we are getting now every year lol

Marie - I would rather do the forms myself, but it's knowing what one to go for, that why we thought that an agency would be better. we have look at the visa sites, getting more confussed

Thank you for your offer of help

Guest SusieOR
Hi, just wondering something... I have just gotten off the phont to the high commission in London to ask a few questions, re the up to date price and that and i happened to mention certified copies i had at the Garda Station and the girl on the phone informed me that they dont accept the Garda certified copies?? it has to be a Solicitor or Justice of peace?? is this correct???

??? very odd... ours were garda certified with no problems???

Thanks, i just went to the local Peace Comissioner today and he done the lot for me which was grand... I thought it was weird that she said not a gard but how or never!! By scanning, does that mean you are submitting your whole apllication online?? can you do that?? Jazus if id have none that!!! its gonna cost me a fortune to send this application over with photos and docs and all!! LOL!!

Ah well... Just another question for you all... MY husband doesnt have th VISA numbers from the times we were in OZ before.. Just the dates.. The VISA's were electronic.. But it asks for the VISA numbers on the form, anyone know how i could get them?? oh and do you need exact dates of all holidays in the last 10 years?? i only know months, will that do?? thanks..

Sinead

Thanks the Hull family - i have forward another email off to Liz, so hopefully she get this one. I think everybody is fed up with this snow & ice we are getting now every year lol

Marie - I would rather do the forms myself, but it's knowing what one to go for, that why we thought that an agency would be better. we have look at the visa sites, getting more confussed

Thank you for your offer of help

Hi

We went through the same agency but only to get skills assessed. Once that was done it was easy enough to find out what visa I could apply for. filling out the forms is OK if you read all the info. Even if you go through an agency you still have to do a lot of work yourself getting all the forms sorted etc.

Thanks, i just went to the local Peace Comissioner today and he done the lot for me which was grand... I thought it was weird that she said not a gard but how or never!! By scanning, does that mean you are submitting your whole apllication online?? can you do that?? Jazus if id have none that!!! its gonna cost me a fortune to send this application over with photos and docs and all!! LOL!!

Ah well... Just another question for you all... MY husband doesnt have th VISA numbers from the times we were in OZ before.. Just the dates.. The VISA's were electronic.. But it asks for the VISA numbers on the form, anyone know how i could get them?? oh and do you need exact dates of all holidays in the last 10 years?? i only know months, will that do?? thanks..

Sinead

hi Sinead,

we just put down roughly when the holidays were over the last 10 years, some we had dates as there were stamps in our passports but for the rest we mostly just had the month that we travelled. we looked at old photos- some that had date stamped on the printed photo and digital photos have date in the file ( that is if your camera date is set up correct- ours wasnt always!)

louise.

Good morning folks

Just a quick question do you have to take IELTS test, we are filling in the forms for State Sponsorship South Australia.

If so would is it just my husband - who occupation is on the demand list or would myself and two daughters have to take as well.

Registration / licencing requirements for accountant - does this have to be done for applying or can this be done once you get to OZ.

If any body could help with these questions, many thanks

:arghh:

Hi the Hulls Family

Liz email me last night, so going to set up a phone call with her to discuss - what next?

Thank you help, hows things going with youselves ?

Hi Sara ,

If your oh occupation is a 7 point or higher he will have to sit the test you and the kids dont have to.

Is he an accountant ? if he is he will have to do the test.

This is from the SA web site.

If you hold a valid passport from, and are a citizen of, the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America, or the Republic of Ireland, you must provide an IELTS test result if the requirement is 7.0 or higher. Where the requirement is less than 7.0 no IELTS test result is required.

Maria.x

Sorry me again with some more questions

We have applied for S.A. state sponsorship - online

I have tried to find out where do i get

1) Positive Skills Assessments from the relevant Assessing Auhtority

2) Licensing or Registration requirments

Husband job is Accountant (CIMA)

Many thanks for all your help:wub:

Folks,

Been debating the move for months at this stage - in Dublin and considering Perth. If I only had a crystal ball.

Is there anyone else at the same stage as us?

I am looking at doing the application myself. Not sure it is wise, but a lot cheaper.

When looking to be "accepted" by the ACS, do I just need to do the PASA. Am I on the right track here?

Are we sure that colour scanning documents do not need to be certified. Confuese me. How does a scan prove authtenticity?

Then I presume it is state sponsorship - if I need it.

Then the VISA application.

Does anyone know if I am certified by the ACS and the SOL changes and removes my occupation before I submit my VISA application - will this impact on my VISA application.

Cheers,

Clive

Thank you Marie for your help - i have been going round in circles this morning:wacko:

I have drop off some emails to companies

What about your own time line any closer to OZ

Once again thank you so much

Folks,

Been debating the move for months at this stage - in Dublin and considering Perth. If I only had a crystal ball.

Is there anyone else at the same stage as us?

I am looking at doing the application myself. Not sure it is wise, but a lot cheaper.

When looking to be "accepted" by the ACS, do I just need to do the PASA. Am I on the right track here?

Are we sure that colour scanning documents do not need to be certified. Confuese me. How does a scan prove authtenticity?

Then I presume it is state sponsorship - if I need it.

Then the VISA application.

Does anyone know if I am certified by the ACS and the SOL changes and removes my occupation before I submit my VISA application - will this impact on my VISA application.

Cheers,

Clive

Hi Clive,

I did all our application's myself trade recognition, state sponsorship and visa.

I did have a few glitches along the way but nothing major. Sorry I cant offer advice on your skill's assessment as my OH is an Electrician maybe do a search or start a new thread theres always someone here willing to help.

Your right original documents scanned in color don't need to be certified.

I sent all mine that way apart from trade assessment and state sponsorship as you have to send hard copies of originals, they have to be certified my local GP and Garda did mine and they were fine.

I would definitely give the application a go as I said its easy enough just make sure you read all the information you can. There's no time like the present, things are changing in July so if your even half serious about moving definitely do your skills assessment as it takes time.

Best of luck,

Maria.x

Marie I have just check - yes we are still on the list :notworthy: let's hope it stay that way !!!

Ah that's good Sara, yea there was 3 types I just went for general glad I was wrong.

We are at the CO stage just waiting to hear something, we applied to TRA in Jan 2010, State Sponsorship in April 2010, Family sponsored 176 in may 2010 then changed to state sponsored in June when that came through. so over a year in total but visa 10 months its a long process but on a positive note things are moving much quicker since the SMP lists have come out, some people are getting their visa's in less than 3 months so you never know.

Maria.x

Sinead

Hi Sinead! Welcome back - hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year. Did you get through without any burst pipes?

When you said about the Gardai not being allowed to sign stuff I have to say that did ring a bell with me from somewhere else... I don't remember where though. But it sounds like you are sorted now.

Spouse Visa applications can not be submitted online. They have to be by post. So there is nothing you could have done to save time! Unfortunately because we can't submit online neither can we check progress online as some other Visa types can.

As another poster - can't remember who that was, sorry! - said, just give them rough dates of travel where you don't have the Visa stamps. Other people seem to have gotten away with that no problem.

You also mentioned you are wondering how to prove you can support your spouse - just be honest! If you can prove your job prospects are good - for either or both of you - and have a letter from your sister saying she is happy to have you live with her that is all you need. They seem to be quite lenient with that question from what others have said.

Guest RGallagher

Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if anybody can help me. We have to get medical insurance for our first 8 weeks in Australia. I have looked on-line and I am completely lost! Does anybody no were to get this from and how much it costs?

Thanks

:unsure:

Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if anybody can help me. We have to get medical insurance for our first 8 weeks in Australia. I have looked on-line and I am completely lost! Does anybody no were to get this from and how much it costs?

Thanks

:unsure:

Hi Rgallagher, I'm going to oz with my OH, she's going on a 457 too, what she did is get cover off an insurance company in oz i think...I don't know the full story..probably says something about my attention span but no mater, she's on this site, her name is cazbob, i'll pass on your dilema and get her to pass on any info she has which i'm sure will help!!

Archived