Is there any irish thread???

Guest sinead

I think that was was Allied Pickfords - it was over the phone, and not yet confirmed.

Its a real juggling game, because if I can sell the car for decent money here, then I don't think its worth the hassle of exporting it. And I can't sell it too soon, cause I need a car. If I sell it too soon, then I need to buy a banger, or hire a car, and then I am losing money on the deal, effectively cheapening the selling price of the car, and perhaps making it more attractive to export it. Its wreckin my head....

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RGallagher
Hi Raymond, just to let you know that you only have to get x-rays done for a 457 visa if your asked to do so just letting you know in case it saves you a few quid as we just got our 457 visa and didn't have to do any medicals whatsoever.

Noel.

Hi Noel,

Thanks very much for that, I'll just wait and see if they ask for x-rays. When are you planning on leaving for Melbourne? I'm going to Brisbane.

Thanks

Guest RGallagher
Welcome to PIO Raymond!

I hope things move swiftly for you and yours, i've been in the process of this nearly a year now and the waiting has been horrible, i can't even imagine it being 3 years! fingers crossed the DIAC pull the finger out and you'll be winging your way over in no time!

where are u planning on heading?

Caz

Hi Caz,

Yeah 3 years later and £4000 lighter in the pocket and nothing will happen with that visa now until 2012. Only for our friend asking her boss about sponsorship we would still be waiting, just wanna get out of here now!

We are going to Brisbane, arent the floods really bad! very sad. :sad:

Judging by this site the 457 seems to get approved really quickly! At long last as the other visa we have applied for & the waiting time is a joke!

What stage are you at?

Cheers

Guest RGallagher
Hi Raymond, I was going to say as the prendergast family you dont need X-Rays or medicals for a 457 (hairdresser) as far as i know its only if you will be working with children or in the medicial proffession or come from some high risk country's.

Best of luck with the visa, what state are you heading to.

Maria.

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the message. I'm gonna wait and see if they ask for chest xrays, that will save me £300 and getting a train from Belfast to Dublin which isn't cheap either!

What stage are you at yourself? We are going to Brisbane, we spent a year in Sydney 2003/2004 but it's too expensive now!

What part are you going to?

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the message. I'm gonna wait and see if they ask for chest xrays, that will save me £300 and getting a train from Belfast to Dublin which isn't cheap either!

What stage are you at yourself? We are going to Brisbane, we spent a year in Sydney 2003/2004 but it's too expensive now!

What part are you going to?

Hiya,

We're heading to Coffs Harbour its in NSW 6 hrs north of Sydney or 4 hrs south of Brisbane. Can't wait, we're just waiting for our employer to submit their nomination so not long now.

Hi Caz,

Yeah 3 years later and £4000 lighter in the pocket and nothing will happen with that visa now until 2012. Only for our friend asking her boss about sponsorship we would still be waiting, just wanna get out of here now!

We are going to Brisbane, arent the floods really bad! very sad. :sad:

Judging by this site the 457 seems to get approved really quickly! At long last as the other visa we have applied for & the waiting time is a joke!

What stage are you at?

Cheers

My employer has been approved as a sponsor and i'm waiting for the nomination to be approved so i can apply for my visa - it's been slow for me, the hopes i had of it coming through in weeks like other people on here have been unfounded - not sure if there's an issue with the way the employer did things (they sent their applications in by post) or what the story is but just be aware that not everyone is approved in a few days! :mad:

yeah my friend is living in Brisbane at the moment, she was evacuated from work but because the river "only" peaked at 4.3m she didn't have to be evacuated from her house! i can't even imagine being amongst that, my thoughts are with everyone there!

Caz

Hi there,

We are heading too... or at least that is the hope !! Headed to Melbourne...but WHEN is the burning question! Have our state sponsorship granted since last Jan, we applied for a 176 visa... still waiting to hear anything!!

Good to know that there are others on the boards.

Steen,

I used Mutual Community (the SA arm of Bupa it seems) they had been recommended by friends in oz and they had a package that i felt was about the right price for me.

I chose a "hope we'll be there by then" date to start the policy on but seeing as that date is coming up in 2 weeks and we've no visa or flights yet i'm going to ring them and change it to a bit further down the line - i'll let u know if there are any issues with this!

Caz

Only just noticed this so thanks. I'll check them out when the time comes.

Starting to doubt out hoped arrival time of early April now. Have just relaised that I don't think my wife's registration with AHPRA is complete yet (though the board have met and granted her registration) and I think we'll need that before applying. Could still happen but I can't hand my notice in till we get the visa or book flights, shipping etc. Nothing goes smoothly!

HI everyone

Just at the stage of getting shipping quotes and just looking to see if anyone has received a quote for a 20ft container to be shipped from Ireland.

We have received quotes inexcess of €5000 which i think is a bit steep- anyone able to help?

Hi Paddy I might be some help. I have been getting some quotes also check these out!www.aaeconomyfreight.com I found them quite competive

Hi there,

We are heading too... or at least that is the hope !! Headed to Melbourne...but WHEN is the burning question! Have our state sponsorship granted since last Jan, we applied for a 176 visa... still waiting to hear anything!!

Good to know that there are others on the boards.

All the best

We got visa just before xmas and heading to Melbourne now.

Jun 2011 is our deadline so busy with flights, shipping etc

Guest SusieOR

FYI...

Irish Sunday Business Post this weekend has an article in it about emigrating... including freight charges & Tax refunds & other apparently useful info...

Dont know much else about it but it could be worth checking out???

Sx

HI everyone

Just at the stage of getting shipping quotes and just looking to see if anyone has received a quote for a 20ft container to be shipped from Ireland.

We have received quotes inexcess of €5000 which i think is a bit steep- anyone able to help?

Hi Paddy, we got a quote of around €3,000 for a 20ft container to Melbourne from IPS freight services in Airside business pk, Swords, Co. Dublin. also for shared freight they were quoting about €150 for a cubic metre in Ireland but the ozzies charge $250 handling charge, we were thinking about bringing the car but realised we don't own the car a year so it doesn't qualify as a personal import so guess we'll just have to sell it and buy a car over there.

Hope this helps

Noel

Hi Raymond, we are going first week in March booking the flights next week can't wait.

Noel:smile:

not too long to go :smile:.....and you'll be here just in time for the grandprix !

Guest murph33
Got the news this morning 457 visa approved, Melbourne here we come.

Thats fantastic news am delighted for you. Hope all goes well with the move

so much for "we should have a decision by the end of the week"... still waiting! :mad:

I really am not enjoying this anymore, i get my hopes up so much, even though i tell myself not to and i check my emails religiously and not a peep from them, why bother telling me it should be decided by the end of the week if it's not going to be!?

sorry for venting a bit - i'm unemployed now so the waiting is even harder and a trip away for the weekend we'd planned with our closest mates so we could have a proper farewell is this weekend and i don't have a nomination, a visa or a departure date.... [dramatic sigh]

Come on DIAC - get the finger out!

Guest jemmajol

Just an update!- weve had to apply for long version birth certs from the uk (another €50!) we have someone come out to give us a quote for 'moving.

quick question: does anyone know or know where i can find out about taking a childs Quad bike over to melbourne? my 9 yr old was crying his heart out when i said he would have to leave it :cry::cry: .

we have sorted health ins, life cover, bank account. Still LOOKING at where to move to initially but OH likes Mornington , Hows everyone else getting on and has anyone looked at flights From Dublin to Melbourne far late March early April???

Hi everyone. Just joined the forum. I have just applied for my spouse visa and our family is hoping to head to Perth this summer. There's so much to think about and organise- schools, shipping, the dog- but I am looking forward to a bit of sun and the chance to try something new.

Hi everyone. Just joined the forum. I have just applied for my spouse visa and our family is hoping to head to Perth this summer. There's so much to think about and organise- schools, shipping, the dog- but I am looking forward to a bit of sun and the chance to try something new.

We mad the decision this time last year and it took us a year to get visa and now heading to Melbourne in June.

Exciting times as you said- We have just booked the tickets today.

All the best with your plans.

You will the find the users of PIO very helpful and a great source of info.

Well folks flights are booked we arrive in Melbourne on the 1st of March. Melbourne here we come LOL:biggrin:

Thats great news, congratulations

Welcome Kali! :D

Archived