Is there any irish thread???

Guest sinead

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, I'd love a white Christmas! I went to visit a friend today and I'd say she must have the last bit of snow in her front garden . It used to be a snowman. Very sad looking now.

Guest SusieOR
Ah, I'd love a white Christmas! I went to visit a friend today and I'd say she must have the last bit of snow in her front garden . It used to be a snowman. Very sad looking now.

Come to my house... I live on the side of Church mountain & still have plenty of snow & icy roads!!! :jiggy:

Come to my house... I live on the side of Church mountain & still have plenty of snow & icy roads!!! :jiggy:

Hi Sussie hope you dont get what they are forecasting, looks like lots and lots of white fluffy stuff comming our way!! Hows things going for ya on the other fronts?:rolleyes:

Guest murph33

Hi everyone, I am also new to this forum. We are planning to move from Carlow to Melbourne mid 2011. OH also has employer sponsership visa pending. We are looking at Mornington as this would be near his work. Would love any information on primary school and school fees there as we have an 8 and 5 yr old. Do the fees vary depending on the visa. Also does anyone know would his sponsership visa allow me to work.

Marie:confused:

Hi everyone, I am also new to this forum. We are planning to move from Carlow to Melbourne mid 2011. OH also has employer sponsership visa pending. We are looking at Mornington as this would be near his work. Would love any information on primary school and school fees there as we have an 8 and 5 yr old. Do the fees vary depending on the visa. Also does anyone know would his sponsership visa allow me to work.

Marie:confused:

Hi Marie, we are moving to Melbourne hopefully next year on a 457 visa as well, You are entitled to work as well as part of your O/H 457, as regards schools as far as i can make out if your kids are going to state schools it's pretty much the same as here you'll have to pay for some books, their uniforms, after school activities, and a subsidy per child , just do a google search on "school fees for Victoria".

Hope this helps.

Noel & Becky.

lets hope it's the last snowy christmas we have to suffer for a while... not enjoying slip sliding to work everyday and having to wear so many layers that i feel like the michelin man!!

[continues waiting for visa...]

:anisanta: :santa1: Merry Festive Joy! :santa1: :anisanta:

Caz

Hope everyone has a great xmas and enjoys the snow.

All going well we will be having the turkey on the beach next year!!

Well it doesnt look like we'll be going to the beach this year......its been raining and thunder&lightening for last few days here in melbourne........hopefully the weather picks up soon!:biggrin:

Congratulations Paddygunner! :jiggy:

what's your timeline?

received vic sponr oct 2010- applied mar 2010

Applied for 176 23 oct 2010

Very quick- I think we benefited from changes in that our vic sponsorship was on hold and we were first in with application when smp was announced. Moved to cat 2.

I have to say we are very impressed with the effeciency of the CO and system in general..

Guest macfamily

Hey there great to see an Irish thread at last! Just thought I'd throw my twopence in and introduce myself.....we're a family of 5 and moved to Perth last March. People have been telling us we were lucky to get out when we did and it's really making it very real reading these threads. Won't say anymore but those bankers and politicians need a good boot where the sun don't shine!

We used Pickfords to move our stuff and found them competitive and very good. We only took half a container as we were renting out our house and had to leave it furnished (who can sell at the moment!). To replace furniture/electricals can be expensive here and you really need to shop around but in the meantime you can do the round of garage sales and buy from the "gum tree" forum which is a bit like the buy and sell at home so I wouldn't worry too much about taking absolutely everything if you need to rent out your house - it may be cheaper to get a smaller container and just take the essentials!

It's so good not to hear the word "recession" for the past 9 months! Plenty of work here and also plenty of sunshine - Perth is beautiful with lots of fab beaches. Kids defo having a better lifestyle and actually like going to school!

Be glad to answer any questions if anybody wants info on Perth. Don't give up.....it's well worth the wait.......

Don't spoill the party we have just got our visa today!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Congrats Paddy looks like your going to have a nice christmas !!!:biggrin::12:

Now if this snow would just go away :swoon: its just soo cold:cool::cool:

I'd just like to say to all Happy Christmas evreyone!!:santadance::xmas3:

Guest allieanddermo
Well it doesnt look like we'll be going to the beach this year......its been raining and thunder&lightening for last few days here in melbourne........hopefully the weather picks up soon!:biggrin:

Congratulations Paddygunner....

Who ever dreamed of a white christmas is Boinkers....

Go away snow......

Guest SusieOR

Merry Christmas everyone... make the most of the snow... for some very lucky ones it could be the last they see of it!!!

Although I have to say, I am getting a bit sick of being stuck in the house...

Happy NEW YEAR too, I am wishing for everyone to get their visa's in 2011...

Don't spoill the party we have just got our visa today!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Congratulations on the visa, thats great news.:biggrin:

where are you thinking of moving to?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bcfrug

Turkey!!! Id go for a large Angus Fillet on the BBQ. Hopefully we will all have our wish and be having the rest of our Xmas,s around the BBQ.

Archived