Is there any irish thread???

Guest sinead

Morning everyone!!! Not a lot to report, just thought id pop back in and say hi!! Have a chit chat!! do any of you want everything done yesterday?? Me and the h ubby bickering alo lately... we both wanna go but im just sooooooooooo impatient!!! Nearly feel like going over with the kids meself and let him come over on his own!! might kick his backside into gear a bit quicker!! :laugh:LOL!! Actually just quick question, i havent changed my name on my irish or ozzie passport yet since we got married.. its changed on bank a/c's and licence and all that but never bothered with the passport!! should i do this before i send off the application... (which feels like will never be ready)!!

Hope your all keeping well...

Hi Sinead,

I didn't change my passport as it still has about 5 years left on it and it costs to get a new one. Like you my bank account is in my married name. This has not been an issue for getting my visa. The application was in my hubby's name and I was the secondary application. We just needed to send off a copy of the marriage cert, and evidence of us living together. This was for the 457 visa. I'm off in January to Sydney and really looking forward to it. Left Killarny in 94 to go to london for 6 months and I

am still here, off to Sydney for four years but plan on staying forever, fingers crossed

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Jemma and Rob!

God only knows,the photos were taken 4mths ago and only surfaced now,the guy who took the photo did not think to report it or make sure it did not was out to sea again[which it did]so we will never know.They think maybe monkey........of the stuffed variety by the sounds of this far fetched story.

It's freaken ugly!

do any of you want everything done yesterday??

Sinead - I'm just wishing the months away! We can't even apply until next June so it will be about 18 months til we get underway. Feels like forever away

Guest jemmajol
Welcome Jemma,

You'll find plenty of help here! :D

What visa are you aiming for?

Caz

Hi caz, itll be the 457 visa- OH has video conferencing interview link next week!!!:biggrin:

already found out some helpful bits n bobs- sooooooo much homework to be done yet tho!

Hi Sinead

I am from Northern Ireland, we are hoping to move over to Adelaide for couple of years, I am looking into which is the best visa, for us.

Good luck with your move

We're from the east coast, near Drogheda. We were very keen to go last year, but long story short, the rules changed and we didnt think we'd get in, so we gave up (also got rejected by Victoria SS!).

Now, with the situation here deteriorating by the day, we're back on the hunt for a better life in Oz.

OH needs to do Vetassess to get quals as his experience won't get us there. Also, need to ensure we get our application in before this new points system comes into force.

We're thinking about SA for SS as it seems to be open(ish) but honestly, would probably go just about anywhere in Oz!

Good luck to us all :)

Ellie

Hi sara40, robfromdublin and Girly!! Welcome along!!!

Hows everyone doing?? I was just wondering.. Seeing as me and the hubby are together 6-7yrs, and we own a house, have a 4yr old and a nearly 2yr old, do we need to supply as much "evidence" of relationship?? Just house ownership papers, wedding cert, bills (GOT LOADS OF THOSE), bank statements and photos of christenings and the wedding?? Ive heard people sending in photos of parties they were at.. invites that they were both invited to?? mad stuff to prove it... Seeing as we doing it ourselves, just wanted to make sure... What are or will all of you be doing??

Yeah all those things sound pretty good evidence! Birth certs of the kids with both your names on maybe? Statutory declarations from friends and family? I'm putting a partner visa application in too when we land in Oz and I'm putting in everything I can think of including photos, invites, etc. Basically nothing is too small to put in. But then I don't have a house and 2 kids with my girlfriend. Touch wood!

Hi sara40, robfromdublin and Girly!! Welcome along!!!

Hows everyone doing?? I was just wondering.. Seeing as me and the hubby are together 6-7yrs, and we own a house, have a 4yr old and a nearly 2yr old, do we need to supply as much "evidence" of relationship?? Just house ownership papers, wedding cert, bills (GOT LOADS OF THOSE), bank statements and photos of christenings and the wedding?? Ive heard people sending in photos of parties they were at.. invites that they were both invited to?? mad stuff to prove it... Seeing as we doing it ourselves, just wanted to make sure... What are or will all of you be doing??

we are not married but have been together for years so we needed to prove it:

we sent in letters from friends to say how they knew us - basically like a story of how long they know each of us individually and as a couple.

we also sent a range of photos from over the years we have been together.

other things that were reccommended to us were:

life insurance / joint account statements/ joint visa card statement/ phone bills with each others numbers/

stuff like airplane boarding card stubs with your names showing you have sat together on flights/ proof of mortgage together or renting together/

joint car insurance / and all the usual bank statements etc too.

Basically - anything that helps proves your relationship.

thats the kind of things we sent in and we didn't get asked for anything else. (thank god- we didnt have much else we could send after all that !)

we got our visa grand and are heading to melbourne this month.:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jemmajol

UPDATE!!:biggrin: Well my OH had his interview (via video conferencing link) last wednesday and YAY! they offered him the job there and then!!!!- so were waiting the 457 visas and have put the house on the market despite being in neg eq :mad: !!! we have already had one couple view the house so remain optermistic. Weve begun making inquiries foe shipping costs etc. fingers crossed we will be in MELBOURNE bu april 2011. and after this week of political antics it cant come around quick enough!!- yes its all go here!!1- have already started the clearing out of the junk process - sold trampoline on done deal have heaps of stuff listed on ebay and im off to the charity shop later today!!!!

Hi Jemma,

a big CONGRATS!!!!!!! you must feel like youve won the Lotto!!!! I hope you sell your house, sometimes you have to cut your losses. I have yet to get a valuation on my house;(.

What occupation are you? Just wondering what type of occupation employers are sponsoring. We have been sponsored before on a 457 when we were single and childless. A bit more daunting when we have 3 kids, a house etc, but it is a gateway to moving to Oz.

Can you come and clear my house!!!!

I think you have to move house every few years to make you dejunk! ha ha.

Best of luck.

kind regards

cazmayo

UPDATE!!:biggrin: Well my OH had his interview (via video conferencing link) last wednesday and YAY! they offered him the job there and then!!!!- so were waiting the 457 visas and have put the house on the market despite being in neg eq :mad: !!! we have already had one couple view the house so remain optermistic. Weve begun making inquiries foe shipping costs etc. fingers crossed we will be in MELBOURNE bu april 2011. and after this week of political antics it cant come around quick enough!!- yes its all go here!!1- have already started the clearing out of the junk process - sold trampoline on done deal have heaps of stuff listed on ebay and im off to the charity shop later today!!!!

congratulations on ther visa.

my advice - start getting rid of the junk and old clothes etc as early as possibly. and if you think something will take a day to organise - triple your estimate. everything takes longer than expected. we had plenty of time and we were still rushing around on the last day!!

Yay! Congrats! You must be pinching yourselves. I'd say the next 4 months will fly now. Best of luck with it all!

So depressing. I always knew Fianna Fail were a bunch of crooks but I never thought they would actually bring the country to its knees. I wonder will they even bother campaigning for the general election.

It's strange - with this whole visa process the first thing that came to my mind when they mentioned a general election next year is 'OH and I have to enrol to vote at our current address - that will be great evidence!'

I don't know much about politics, but I have never been so interested as I am now.

congratulations on ther visa.

my advice - start getting rid of the junk and old clothes etc as early as possibly. and if you think something will take a day to organise - triple your estimate. everything takes longer than expected. we had plenty of time and we were still rushing around on the last day!!

Have you made the big move now? I know you were leaving in November

Guest SusieOR

But its ok guys... cause Brian Cowen said the other day there is no need for us to be embarrassed about the state this country is in!!!

:arghh:

What gobsh****the greens are.

We had some stabilty from 7pm on sunday, when the imf deal was agreed only for the greens to throw the country into political instability at 11am Monday morning.

They have only an interest in their political future and not the "national Interest" as they stated yesterday morning. Why couldn't they just announce election in the new year?

Anyway I think alot more Irish people will be researching PIO and other forums in the months to come.

I

What gobsh****the greens are.

We had some stabilty from 7pm on sunday, when the imf deal was agreed only for the greens to throw the country into political instability at 11am Monday morning.

They have only an interest in their political future and not the "national Interest" as they stated yesterday morning. Why couldn't they just announce election in the new year?

Anyway I think alot more Irish people will be researching PIO and other forums in the months to come.

I

To quote a friend of mine: 'what the frick green bulls**t is in this budget if the green party are waiting till its gone thru to pull out of government... methane gas charge on farts maybe???'

Guest jemmajol
Hi Jemma,

a big CONGRATS!!!!!!! you must feel like youve won the Lotto!!!! I hope you sell your house, sometimes you have to cut your losses. I have yet to get a valuation on my house;(.

What occupation are you? Just wondering what type of occupation employers are sponsoring. We have been sponsored before on a 457 when we were single and childless. A bit more daunting when we have 3 kids, a house etc, but it is a gateway to moving to Oz.

Can you come and clear my house!!!!

I think you have to move house every few years to make you dejunk! ha ha.

Best of luck.

kind regards

cazmayo

Thanks cazmay- tbh It all feels a bit surreal at the mo! It will be my husbands skill that gets us in (mechanical engineer) and the job is with the same company that he works for here in Ireland But theyre gutted to be loosing him :-(

We re also making the move with children (will then be 13, 10 and almost 2)

we only moved to ireland 6 years ago so where or where did all the JUNK come from !!!lol:biglaugh:

we have 2 worries- one that the house will go for a 'song' and 2 that it wont sell at all- so please please let it be that it goes for a song!!!!!

although I would love to come and help you de junk (lol) trust me with three kids i have enough de junking to do myself!!

cant wait till the 457's come through - Maybe then it will hit home that we're off to where the grass is greener (or not as the case may be!)

what stage in the move are you at then cazmayo???

Guest susanli

Hiya,

I am heading to Perth and then to work in Geraldton in 3 weeks , my 457 only took 6 weeks for myself and my 18 yr old (as a dependant as she is only finished school)

I found it not too bad once you have finished filling out the endless forms !!

any queries i'd be happy to try and help out.

I am nurse and am looking forward to my new life and leaving all this crap behind, i have rented my house and hope to apply for PR within 6 months and maybe come back to sell up in a couple of years .

Thanks cazmay- tbh It all feels a bit surreal at the mo! It will be my husbands skill that gets us in (mechanical engineer) and the job is with the same company that he works for here in Ireland But theyre gutted to be loosing him :-(

We re also making the move with children (will then be 13, 10 and almost 2)

we only moved to ireland 6 years ago so where or where did all the JUNK come from !!!lol:biglaugh:

we have 2 worries- one that the house will go for a 'song' and 2 that it wont sell at all- so please please let it be that it goes for a song!!!!!

although I would love to come and help you de junk (lol) trust me with three kids i have enough de junking to do myself!!

cant wait till the 457's come through - Maybe then it will hit home that we're off to where the grass is greener (or not as the case may be!)

what stage in the move are you at then cazmayo???

Hi Jemma,

Our situation is nearly the same as yours, we're hopefully going on a 457 (that's if the employer gets their finger out) and have 3 children Rachel 11, Jessica,9 and Gavin 4.

We're hopefully heading to NSW sometime after Christmas.

We put our house on the market 3 weeks ago and so far have had 1 offer €60,000 below the asking price, needless to say i told them were to go. To add insult to injury a day later they asked our estate agent if we would leave all our furniture as well, all i could do was laugh the cheek.

With the events of the last few days I don't think we will sell at all, we will probably end up renting it out.

The 457 visa's are coming through very quickly at the moment, I've seen people get them in less than 2 weeks.

Congratulations on the job offer, I hope it all goes well and the house sells quickley.

Best of luck,

Maria.

Hi all we are the Prendergast family from Dublin my other half had job interview with Woods Accident Repair Group in Dublin in October and got the job. We are going out on a 457 visa to Melbourne still waiting on migration agent from Woods to comtact us about visa but other then that all ready to go as we dont have a house to sell hoping to get over there for feb so kids can start in new school term kids are Dylan 11 Christian 9 Kayleigh 5 and Hollie 1. Has anyone else from Ireland been offered a job with Woods?

Becky & Noel

:biggrin:

Archived