Is there any irish thread???

Guest sinead

Hi doglover,

We've decided (for now) that we're not going to bring him :( He's a big dog and it would cost more to fly him out then ourseleves. It's so hard to know what is best for him and not just what we want. He'll stay with my dad where he stays for all our holidays so at least I know he'll be well looked after. But it's still a hard decision to make.

How are the rest of your plans going?

Yea I totally understand, I was thinking it's a bit selfish of me to bring him and put through that when I know he would have a loving home with my parents but I'm still undecided. It's just me and my OH so the dog is like my family!! :) My other half already has a resident visa but it's expired so we just need to get that re-newed, fingers crossed it'll be straight forward enough, then I have to apply as de-facto which is def not straight forward!!!!! So we are in the process of re-newing his visa first. Have looked over the de-facto application form and it's hilarious!! Questions like 'did you enter the relationship for a de-facto visa'!!!! What stage are you at urself in the process, it seems so daunting!!

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My husband has perm residency and I sent off the spouse visa application last week. There was so much info to collect (holidays for the last ten years- can barely rememer last year:biggrin:) They've taken payment and we're waiting to hear something, anything back from them.

Hi To All Irish, We Got Visa Grant 24/01/11, OH Electricain, Applied Aug 08, What a Long Wait, But Worth It Last Tuesday Morning When We Got E-Mail From Our Agent, We Have To Validate Before 14/10/11,It Dosen't Give Us Long To Get Flights For 2 Adults & 2 Kids, :hug:Were Going To Perth For 3 Weeks in August Oh Happy Days!!!!!!!!!!

My husband has perm residency and I sent off the spouse visa application last week. There was so much info to collect (holidays for the last ten years- can barely rememer last year:biggrin:) They've taken payment and we're waiting to hear something, anything back from them.

We're in a similar boat too, have to prove the last nine years!!! Moved in the last year so think I thrown a lot of that kinda stuff out. Seems totally insane to have to do all that when ur married! How long do ya think it'll take for ur application to be processed??

Hi doglover,

Saw you mentioned Terrigal on the central coast as a possibility for somewhere to settle, my brother lived in Tumbi Umbi for a few years when he first moved to Oz. As he and his wife were working between Newcastle and Sydney. Terrigal is lovely, as is Shelly beach and the train service from Gosford to Sydney is quite good and not to far away for day trips or work in Sydney.

I'm in the process of getting my PMV subclass 300 together to move from Dublin to Sydney to be with my OH can't wait to get back to the sun and him of course! :biggrin:

We're in a similar boat too, have to prove the last nine years!!! Moved in the last year so think I thrown a lot of that kinda stuff out. Seems totally insane to have to do all that when ur married! How long do ya think it'll take for ur application to be processed??

We've kids and that still wasn't enough :) I am hoping within 5-6 months. That seems to be the norm. I used to be quite sentimental so I found a box of of cards and things from early on. I found loads of useful things in my email account like flight confirmations. It took me about a month to get everything together.

Hi guys,

I have emailed Liz the agent,

we got our house valued last week and although its dropped value off about 100k ! boom time we should still pull enough cash out to make our way to Oz and be ok till we get rented and job sorted.

thinking of applying for visas,selling now while the North has abit of a market and maybe heading to Europe in a camper for a few months!

Still at stage 1! wish we had of carried on with our application 2yrs ago now.

Hi guys,

I have emailed Liz the agent,

we got our house valued last week and although its dropped value off about 100k ! boom time we should still pull enough cash out to make our way to Oz and be ok till we get rented and job sorted.

thinking of applying for visas,selling now while the North has abit of a market and maybe heading to Europe in a camper for a few months!

Still at stage 1! wish we had of carried on with our application 2yrs ago now.

The journey begins:err: I know how you feel re the house we are in the same boat!ours may be even more just can't sell at all, not at any price. Will have to rent it out.

Good luck with selling and the camper van idea sounds great :biglaugh:

Hi ,

Since we all seem to be in a position to have to rent out our house's I wonder does anyone know what the story is regarding mortgage, house insurance, tax implications etc.

As far as i am aware you don't need to pay tax as long as you are not making any income from the rent.

I have been told the tenant Is entitled to take 27% off the rent and pay it to the tax man on your behalf as you are an absentee landlord but you can claim it back if no profit is made.

Someone told me you can avoid this if you set up as a sole trader, have an alternative address say a relative and can obtain a tax clearance cert every year.

As far as the mortgage is concerned I'd imagine you would have to inform them as the house insurance would have to be landlord insurance so in turn the mortgage company would find out as you have to send them a letter of indemnity Aggah!!! I wish I could sell I really don't need all this sh*%!

I'm not very well up on all this has anyone any advice.

Hi ,

Since we all seem to be in a position to have to rent out our house's I wonder does anyone know what the story is regarding mortgage, house insurance, tax implications etc.

I'm not very well up on all this has anyone any advice.

we're in a similar boat and would love to hear more about it. Another complication :wacko:

Guest Positivity

Hi all,

457 visa came through on Friday! Wuh hoo!

We are heading next month to Melbourne. From what I can make out the rental situation is a lot more involved than here, anyone got any advice on what to bring with us to secure a rental?

Best,

Aoife:biggrin:

Hi All,

Im needing some help from the Irish folk.

I have been requested to get Police Clearance Certs by my CO for me and my wife but i really dont know how to go about getting them.

I have asked 2 people i know whom are Guardi but they arent sure how the process works. They mentioned a central vetting office in Tipperary and said i might have to go there.

Has anyone any experience on what is the best way to get the clearance here in Ireland and how long does it take.

Thanks

Hi All,

I have been requested to get Police Clearance Certs by my CO for me and my wife but i really dont know how to go about getting them.

I have asked 2 people i know whom are Guardi but they arent sure how the process works. They mentioned a central vetting office in Tipperary and said i might have to go there.

Has anyone any experience on what is the best way to get the clearance here in Ireland and how long does it take.

Thanks

We've already done the police clerarences. you have to go to your local garda station where you presently live and give them a list of all the places you have lived for the last ten years. The superintendant has to sign it, don't go to Tipperary that is only for people needing garda clearance for their work which is different . Yea we got the run around too!! Ours took two weeks and theres no charge :wink:

We've already done the police clerarences. you have to go to your local garda station where you presently live and give them a list of all the places you have lived for the last ten years. The superintendant has to sign it, don't go to Tipperary that is only for people needing garda clearance for their work which is different . Yea we got the run around too!! Ours took two weeks and theres no charge :wink:

Thanks for that. Do i need to go into the Station then and tell them what im looking for. Do i need to bring anything with me. Photos or passport or birth certs or anything.

Do i just explain what im looking for and thats it. Cheers

Guest allieanddermo

We didn't tell our mortgage company and nobody ever questioned us but we did rent to family so when we told the insurance company (aviva) they were happy enough with that and didnt charge us landlords rates.

The tax implications are more tricky if you go down that road cos if you are non resident you may end up paying more tax on your rental income.

An idea is to just charge your tenants less than you would if they were claiming tax maybe???

Good Luck with it all..

Hi all,

457 visa came through on Friday! Wuh hoo!

We are heading next month to Melbourne. From what I can make out the rental situation is a lot more involved than here, anyone got any advice on what to bring with us to secure a rental?

Best,

Aoife:biggrin:

Hi Aoife heres some advise I found for ya

:jiggy:

Hey Neil,

I have just done exactly what your gonna do. Just moved in on Thurs to our new pad. I done a lot of searching on Gumtree.com.au as there are always loads of rentals and share houses on there and a lot of them aren't too fussy on references etc.

We ended up going through RayWhite real estate but had to pay 3 months rent up front to secure the apartment even although we had loads of cash between us, but thats not unusual apparently. Bills are quite cheap over here so that's a bonus.

Also if your not fussy where you stay then make sure you get a place with free internet or get a PAYG dongle as the apartments we were staying in was $10 for 2 hours and it soon adds up when your house hunting.

The best advice I can give you is to get on the house hunting as soon as the jet lag wears off as accommodation gets quite costly after a couple of weeks and its all money you don't need to be spending when your unemployed,

Also get several photocopies and a USB copy of the following as it will save constantly looking for printers and scanners etc and having to pay someone to do it for you. Every app with different agencies will require this stuff so best to get it prepared now

*Visa

*Passport

*Any photo IDs (driving Licence, work licence etc)

*Bank Statements

*OZ bank card if you have it

*Previous rental references (We had none but it would have helped)

*Previous utility Bills

Thanks for that. Do i need to go into the Station then and tell them what im looking for. Do i need to bring anything with me. Photos or passport or birth certs or anything.

Thats what we did just explained and make sure you tell the guard that it comes from your local station as none of them seem to know this. The secetary usually does it, but do bring ID and proof of address to be safe

I would just bring you passport to be on the safe side but other than that all you need is the list of place you have lived in.

They have the forms at the station. Make sure you go to the station where Super is based as it has to come from him. Some small stations do not deal with it.

We got ours back in about 1 week.

Hi guys,

I think if you need to rent your house you can get your estate agent that you may be using to sell your house at the minute,most up here also rent property and you can get it on their books and let them be your Letting agent, it will free you up from having another thing to do, i think they charge you a percentage but if its on their books they will try harder to rent it and will also be a key holder for you while your away.

Give them a ring as they will obviously tell you this info for free as they will be making money from you in future.

Think you deff need to change the house insurance as they wont cover for a rental.

I'm self employed up here and when filling in my Tax return form i have to tell them if i have any income from rented property,there would only be tax to pay if you were making a profit and didnt go over your pre tax earnings,we work a year behind up here so that would be on top off any earnings last year.

Best check out with a local estate agent as they would be up to speed on such things:chatterbox:

ps

We got talking to old friends in Perth today , they said Perth is Booming and has plenty of work and was SUNNY 38 deg.

Get me a plane ticket quick!!

gerard,

Hi All,

Thanks

You need to go to either your local garga station and fill in a form and they will send it to the superintendant to be signed. or you can go yourself to the station where the superintendant is based and fill in a form there. (we had to bring a stamp addressed envelope with us too)

We did the second option as we wanted to try get it done as quick as possible and didnt want to wait the extra few days with post etc.

- it took about 2weeks to get ours back.

Hi Everyone, just checkin in!! Not been on since christmas.. Full steam ahead with the application for parter migration now!! just waitng on the garda clearance cert back and getting all "evidence" together.. and the statements!!! anyone else on here going for partner migration? Just trying to figure out if i need to have a certain amount of money in the bank to go.. My situation is, Im australian and now so are our kids through decent, so applying for the hubbys visa only?? One of the questions is how do i expect to support my husband for the first 2 years there??? Well my family live over there and we'll initially live with my sister for a while till we get jobs and on our feet and our own rental.. Bringing all our stuff from our house, so thats worth a bit aswell.. Any advise how to answer that question or what to write would be great!!!

And also, just another question... When filling out the forms, they ask you if you've ever been to OZ?? we have on several occasions but we only haveone visa sticker in his passport?? dont know where the other ones are and they want VISA numbers?? how would i get these?? thanks,

Sinead

Hi guys,

interesting reading this thread, from an irish perspective.

Well we are forever messing about planning on a 176, but have just had contact with a previous work colleague asking how he can sponsor us on a 457. YIPEEEEEE

Trying not to get excited, as he has a business in Perth, but has never sponsored before, so needs the heads up on the process (up all night reading through every thread and immigration website).

The only thing I am wondering about is it asks he provides evidence of training or a commitment to training employees. I dont think he has any, he gets contract work and hire a gang of trades, and otherwise works himself. I think he needs to provide a company policy stating his commitment for any future employees, as presently doesnt have any!! Anyone know anything about this??? I will really need to walk him through this.

Hubby put on 3 day week here so not worth a dam with 3 kids and wife at home as kids are under 6.

He will probably go ahead of us to settle into job and get a rental sorted.

My stomach all over the place today with excitement!!!!!

Have lived in Perth some years ago, and I was a duck to water!!! Just loved it.

Cheers Cazmayo

OH - cabinetmaker/joiner

457 Offer

Hi Caz,

I know they do have to prove the training requirement - my employer (although he does do sufficient training) didn't send the relevant documents and they then requested the info and he had to send it on.

i remember reading a thread on here about it before too with someone in a similar situation to yourself, i'll see if i can find it! :D

[EDIT: these might be of use...

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/101970-457-visa-can-sole-trader-sponsor.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/97155-can-i-sponsor-any-body.html ]

exciting times if u can get the 457 on the road, you'll be flying! feel free to ask any questions u want, i had to guide my employer thru the process as they had never sponsored before and we're still in the process so feel free to pick my brain, i'll try help as much as i can! :D

Caz :D

Archived